By gee one, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 18th March 2012, 04:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a full rom for stock(ish) 9.2.1.17 and includes the following:

9.2.1.17 US bootloader and kernel/boot.img
modded recovery based on Roach's 3.2.0.1
Superuser
su binary
busybox
adb enabled, ro.secure=0 (if you previously disabled adb, it will remain disabled, unless you wipe data)

The updater script will also clear cache and dalvik cache.
Plus, if you flash now, it will also fix the cwm recovery bootloops by writing zeros to the first 80 bytes of /misc (/dev/block/mmcblk0p3)
I was lazy and the progress bar in recovery does not udpate- it is a full rom so it does take a while to flash.

This is pretty close to a rooted stock experience. It isn't for everyone, but I think some will find it useful. I thought this would help out people who get in in a pickle by flashing various roms and ending up with unbootable systems, or people who tried a few other roms and want to return to a more stock experience. I think a custom recovery is safer with a rooted rom so that flashing via recovery is still available. This should still receive OTA updates, but they will probably fail to flash because the build.prop file is different (ro.secure=0 and adb). This rom will flash in situations where doaist's CWM friendly updates will not. As a matter of fact, this rom will probably flash on any version of cwm/custom recovery that can read it.

The recovery is modded- it is based on Roach's 3.2.0.1 and only sees the external sd card. I used Roach's ramdisk, but used the the inits, fstab, and ueventd files from the stock recovery. This recovery will seem identical, but you can look at the default.prop to see the difference. In future versions, I might change the version number in case there is any confusion.

NOTE and WARNINGS:

This is for the TF101 US only. The fingerprint checks are removed from the updater-script so it is up to you to know what you are flashing. (Don't flash this on your phone! and if you do, don't say a word and act like your phone is still working.)

This will overwrite your recovery. You can flash it back to something else after a reboot.

This will overwrite your bootloader/EBT. This might have unintended consequences so flash at your own risk. The stock OTA updates the bootloader, so this is why I included it here.

Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages or consequences.
ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF PURPOSE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED.

Please thank Kuromera for hosting the files on a speedy server and check out the other files hosted there. See his thread here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1549055

Download from here!

US version
ics_92117_stock_EBT_SOS.zip
MD5(ics_92117_stock_EBT_SOS.zip)= 201eae30cbeb00687d5cc69c14469027

WW version
ics_92117_WW_stock_EBT_SOS.zip
MD5(ics_92117_WW_stock_EBT_SOS.zip)= 1c8b1aea6d27643f70891b363ff5fa36

http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.ph...ne%2FWith+Root
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to gee one For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gee one Ad-Free

18th March 2012, 05:58 AM |#2  
Kirkland, WA
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Alright, gonna try flash this from Revolution 3.0.1, gotta get back to .17, .11 is so unstable for me, random reboots and shutdowns, and I woke up this morning to a flat battery - from 100% before I went to bed...

Will report back inna bit!

+++

All good, thanks (and thanked)!
18th March 2012, 08:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Flashed over Revolver 3.11, it automatically optimized the apps on first boot, so far so good.

The weather widget won't update my location, but I've had trouble with that on a lot of the stock firmwares. Could also be from the flash over revolver.

Anyways, thanks for the good work.
18th March 2012, 08:36 AM |#4  
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm very interested in a WW version of your update!!

Anything Ican do to help, just tell me, and I will try. But i might need a little guidingalong the way :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to m_primdahl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m_primdahl Ad-Free
19th March 2012, 03:12 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag linux command line
Thanks Meter: 746

More
edit: OK, WW version should work now

ics_92117_WW_stock_EBT_SOS.zip
MD5(ics_92117_WW_stock_EBT_SOS.zip)= 1c8b1aea6d27643f70891b363ff5fa36
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gee one For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gee one Ad-Free
19th March 2012, 03:56 AM |#6  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Having difficulties downloading.

I keep getting "download unsuccessful" If I download straight to the tab.

If I download on my PC the MD5 changes every time. File is listed as 300MB but shows up as 193MB???

Can anyone post a mediafire link?? Or anything.
19th March 2012, 04:09 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag linux command line

More
Are you trying to download the US version?

The WW version is uploading now and will probably complete in about half an hour.

Yeah, my upload is slow.... So be sure to thank Kuromera for hosting the files http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1549055
19th March 2012, 04:35 AM |#8  
Flag Dekalb
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
If anyone is having problems downloading, I uploaded to Box:

I've shared a folder with you through Box.

To access this folder, visit the following link: https://www.box.com/shared/a479f50d578d27a355f9

Due to my account limitations, I had to upload it as a multi-part zip (6 50mb sections, and a tiny trailing 7th section)

Hope that helps!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
19th March 2012, 04:38 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag linux command line

More
OK, WW version is uploaded. Sorry for the confusion.
19th March 2012, 05:27 AM |#10  
Flag Schaumburg, IL USA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quick question...do we nvFlash this or rename it/reboot as if it were a legitimate stock rom?
19th March 2012, 05:29 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag linux command line

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gVibeR

Quick question...do we nvFlash this or rename it/reboot as if it were a legitimate stock rom?

This flashes through clockworkmod or any other custom recovery. I think there is a recovery installer.apk in the dev section, or there are nvflash versions of some of the custom recoveries.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)