FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] cracked by ChelpuS

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By stillteachin, Junior Member on 19th March 2012, 05:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, noob here. I have an awkard situation and dont know how to go about it. I keep getting a "cracked by ChelpuS" message on the bottom of my Tab (Samsung) constantly and i cant find a program running in the background that i dont know about that could cause this. Ive had superuser installed for quite a while and have never had this message before. Im starting to worry that i might have downloaded some type of spyware or that my phone is being monitored by this chelpus guy or his app. First time for me and dont know what to do.
Thnx in advance

ivput this in general hacking section since i dont know where to begin with this type of question. I have searched and have found no one with the same situation. Agian thnx in
advance.

19th March 2012, 05:39 PM |#2  
Flag Klang
Thanks Meter: 234

More
chelpus is a hacker that hack paid apps from market and make it usable for free,maybe some of your apps are paid app that cracked by him

Sent from my LT18i
19th March 2012, 06:01 PM |#3  
Flag In Heaven
Thanks Meter: 195

More
remove lucky patcher or do the hard reset for your tab
19th March 2012, 09:47 PM |#4  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 364

More
Or basically uninstall any app you have downloaded somewhere else than market.

Sent from LT18i @ Xda Premium
19th March 2012, 09:57 PM |#5  
Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,873

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillteachin

Hi guys, noob here. I have an awkard situation and dont know how to go about it. I keep getting a "cracked by ChelpuS" message on the bottom of my Tab (Samsung) constantly and i cant find a program running in the background that i dont know about that could cause this. Ive had superuser installed for quite a while and have never had this message before. Im starting to worry that i might have downloaded some type of spyware or that my phone is being monitored by this chelpus guy or his app. First time for me and dont know what to do.
Thnx in advance

ivput this in general hacking section since i dont know where to begin with this type of question. I have searched and have found no one with the same situation. Agian thnx in
advance.

It means you are running pirated software, potentially with malware.

You know some of us feed our families 99cents at a time right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 10:01 PM |#6  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

It means you are running pirated software, potentially with malware.

You know some of us feed our families 99cents at a time right?

Relax. Before you try to make him feel guilty, he may not have known it was a paid app and just dl'd the apk. Maybe the app was incompatible or not showing in the market so he couldn't dl it legitimately.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zwade01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zwade01 Ad-Free
19th March 2012, 10:42 PM |#7  
Flag kerala
Thanks Meter: 952

More
lucky patcher, titanium backup activator, or even a hacked titanium backup that is a pro version is causing the prompt.
chelpus is a cracker from Russia, who cracks apps, and i dont think its a spyware,
if u r rooted, use rom toolbox to find startup apps, then dissable any market/3rd party apps from startup.
well, i am not 100%sure, but it may due to cracked tb.( tb usually runs in bootup, or else any activator like lucky patcher/ tb activator etc. they run in startup, jus uninstall or remove from startup. u will be ok.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)