Fixed to be compatible with Android L and M.
ThunderBolt! is a script package by me, pikachu01 that combines a few notable tweaks shamelessly modified to the max as well as hacks and scripts that I came up on my own(and added tonnes of things over the months of development and testing). Without further delay, please read the rest of the OP
- Better performance, better battery life through Linux kernel tweaks catered for Android OS and flash memory.
- Faster disk access through remount script (noatime, disable barrier etc)
- Android Gingerbread 2.3.x
- At least 3MB free on /system (Delete unused ringtones or useless apps like Aldiko/Allshare etc).
- Script Manager
- Ext4 filesystem if you want to use the remount script.
- remount script in remounts the partitions in your phone to optimize its performance at the expense of some risk of corruption.
- drop script in /etc/bolt_scripts to drop caches.
- If you're using a custom MP3/Wav file as a ringtone, flashing ThunderBolt! might erase that setting causing your ringtone to be silent. Be sure to restore the ringtone again.
- All scripts have to be launched using script manager
- Extract scripts to your sdcard/internal memory.
- Open up Script Manager and launch the scripts that you want as Root (The skull icon) and as Boot (The wheel icon).
- To revert ThunderBolt!, just delete the scripts from your sdcard/internal memory and reboot.
- Repackaging ThunderBolt! into custom ROMs is allowable as long as it is included as a feature of the ROM as well as proper credits are included.
- Please reply into the thread if you would like to include it as its just a nice thing to do
- You are free to modify the contents of the scripts, but please make it known that you've modified it and also briefly include the modifications you've done.
How to find out if it works
Use File Expert/ Root Explorer/Root Browser, and navigate here:
To enter superuser mode:
sysctl -a | grep vm
dirty_ratio = 30 dirty_background_ratio = 15 vfs_cache_pressure = 50
dirty_ratio = 20 dirty_background_ratio = 10 vfs_cache_pressure = 50
dirty_ratio = 10 dirty_background_ratio = 5 vfs_cache_pressure = 50
- XDA's devs for some reference of some tweaks in Zach's scripts
Confirmed working devices
Any unlocked and rooted Android L or Android M phone.