I just added support for the Galaxy Note pen to Quill, so you can write without having to worry about your hand touching the screen. I have tested it with Chainfire's ICS repack and !TeamRocketRom v1.5. If you decide to give it a try and it doesn't work on your ROM please let me know!
Quill requires ICS or Honeycomb, so if you haven't upgraded your Galaxy Note from Gingerbread it will not work!
A key design goal is quick response to pen strokes and 100% vector graphics. Developed on a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet.
- Active pen (digitizer) support on ThinkPad Tablet, HTC Jetstream, HTC Flyer, and Galaxy Note.
- Very fast response to pen strokes.
- "Fountain pen" mode supports pen pressure data, more pressure = thicker line.
- Double-finger tap to zoom.
- Two-finger move gesture.
- Pen strokes are vector art, zoom does not pixelate your writing.
- "Pen only" mode (optional) disables touch input while writing.
- Android 3.x hardware accelerated graphics.
- Open source (GPL), so your notes are not stuck in an opaque file format.
- PDF export (save to SD card, Evernote, Share).
- PNG (raster image) export.
- Can backup/restore your data.
- Ruled/Quad background paper
- Tagging for pages so you can group them together.
- Switch between multiple notebooks.
The n-trig active pen has been tested on the ThinkPad Tablet, HTC Jetstream, and the HTC Flyer (Honeycomb). The Samsung S-pen has been tested on the Galaxy Note. The basic functionality should work on any Android tablet, but distinguishing pen from finger data and pressure sensitivity might not work on others. Please let me know your results if you try it on another tablet. See also the supported devices wiki.
You can also get the app for free (as in free speech) at http://code.google.com/p/android-quill. Also available on the Android Market.
- http://the-gadgeteer.com/2011/11/16/...-tablet-review (contains above video)