Warning! This is only for A70B/A70IT2 Honeycomb model, It won't work on Froyo model!
Here is a package that enables unofficially SDE menu in recovery and install a rooted stock firmware with busybox and SuperUser.Apk
- Adb must be enabled on tablet and PC driver+adb command must be working. You can test on pc with "adb shell", it should give you a '$' prompt. If you don't have this, first make it work. There are multiple links around to help if needed.
- Unzip files on your pc in adb.exe directory.
- Launch enable_sde.bat on your pc. It's better to do it in a cmd.exe window, you'll be able to copy-paste log here if anything goes wrong.
- Follow instructions in the cmd window. Basically, script reboots tablet multiple times, you have to press enter when tablet is completely booted each time.
- Congratulation, your device is sde enabled and has a rooted sde firmware. Please read below for more information.
If you already installed a first version and enabled sde already, here is how to install new rooted firmware:
- Optional: flash updated stock firmware. I always recommend to match stock firmware, it avoids dalvik-cache rebuilds and bootloaders may have been updated in new firmwares.
- Boot rooted firmware. You should be running rooted firmware if you want upgrade script to work. To be sure of that, you should see SuperUser app in your apps menu.
- Unzip files on your pc in adb.exe directory
- Launch upgrade.bat (or upgrade.sh for linux)
- Tablet reboots at the end to rooted firmware and should be upgraded to new version.
1) What is SDE?
SDE (Special Developer Edition) is basically a dual boot mechanism. It allows us to dual boot Archos stock firmware and our custom ones.
2) How does it work ?
I won't give much details on how to use it, I should do a separate topic about this one someday. Until then, here is some basic information:
- At the end of this script, you are booted with sde firmware, superuser should be in your start menu and you should be root with adb or any root app.
- If you reboot or boot, press volume up while booting, it will display the dual boot menu. Select "Developer Edition", it will start the rooted build (check here point 9 to see how it looks).
- If you missed volume key or don't do anything during reboot, you will go back to unrooted stock firmware. You have to press the volume up key during boot to get the boot menu.
- Warning: booting stock firmware is harmless except that you will loose your SuperUser.apk preferences. As it's not part of stock firmware, Android clears it.
- You can boot straight to rooted firmware by deleting the stock firmware kernel in recovery. Check here, do point 4,5, and on screen 6, select "Remove Android Kernel". Make sure that you have properly working SDE firmware before doing that. If you want to re-enable back stock firmware, just flash it from recovery again.
3.2.80 can be downloaded here: Mirror 1 (Mediafire), Mirror 2 (Sendspace).
3.2.81 can be downloaded here: Mirror 1 (SendSpace) (bat fixed)
Sorry, Mediafire no longer let me upload without signup, if you know one good upload location without registration and allowing more than 200 MB, let me know.