FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM/MIUIV4] Galnet MIUI Scotland 2.3.20

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By bjornj, Member on 21st March 2012, 06:24 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I wanted to do this for a long time and now it has come, i have the permission of Team Galnet to post the rom on xda.
I missed this thread so much so here it is....

Welcome to Galnet MIUI Scotland

With over 10,000 registered users, over 2 million downloads since spring 2011 and a team of dedicated support staff at hand Galnet MIUI Scotland is your first place for the best MIUI experience. We keep you up to date with the latest news from MIUI central, including any important Android developments from google.

Our Fans Come First
Providing weekly downloads of your favorite Android MIUI rom. Whilst providing stable modified builds backed by the Galnet MIUI Scotland experience and stability experience. Root your phone today and join in on the fun that Galnet MIUI Scotland brings to your Android Handset.

Stable V Weekly
Stable builds are builds that we include our full array of changes in, including our own unique framework. Because it takes us time to properly develop it, the release rate of the stable build is much less frequent to the beta builds.

Download Your Rom Today
Our roms are packaged, so all you need to do is download them and copy them across to your SD Card, and if your already rooted, then it’s simply a mean of entering recovery and flashing, it couldn’t be easier!

Stable 2.3.2b Roms

Weekly 2.3.9 to 2.3.20 Roms

Support When Required
Remember we offer the best MIUI support available, with our team dedicated to helping make your MIUI experience the best possible. You can find us in our IRC Chatroom, our Forums and even on facebook and twitter.

Why Galnet MIUI over others?
Galnet MIUI Scotland is known for it’s ability to adapt quickly to the changes imposed within the android community, we have successfully been the first team to port Ice Cream Sandwich to the Galaxy S, and also the first to port MIUI V4 to the Galaxy S and Galaxy S 2. Our team has also introduced a few features within the Samsung community, with the first charge whilst off ability on any AOSP rom, and getting rid of the dreadful Android battery drain bug.

We are constantly coding and working on ways which we can improve our roms, so don’t just think about us as a translation site, but more of a development team which works within the android framework to improve it for everyone.

FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S

Galnet MIUI Scotland Change Log

You will notice that Galnet MIUI Scotland does not work on modifying the weekly roms to the same degree as that of the Stables. The reason for this is we have more time to check our modifications which we provide within our Stable builds as they are done to our timeframe not Chinas.

It is at our discretion what we include within our builds, we will accept feedback and feature requests, however please beware we might not answer or include them in our Stable Builds if they are found to cause issues. Remember MIUI is customisable to your liking, and many additional add-ons are made available weekly by fans and developers, so please check our forums, as your request may have already been made.

2.3.20 V4 – I9000
- Removed 4 way reboot
- Improved Samsung TouchWiz support
- Implemented changes to permissions across rom
- Improved ram handling
- Upgraded to Glitch V14 Rom (BLN support)
- Quick SD Card read and write
- Fixed Gallery FC and Rotation Issues
- Gallery Widget FC fixed
- Other small tweaks..!

DOWNLOAD :

ALL the credits go to Team Galnet, this is just a copy of the change log on

I just missed the thread so much on xda so i reposted it, you can post comments and bugs here or on the galnet forum. I'll update everytime there is a new version.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bjornj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bjornj Ad-Free

21st March 2012, 06:46 PM |#2  
Flag Gujarat, India
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Its laggy. Any fixes? Multi apps reboots.
21st March 2012, 07:09 PM |#3  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I will download it now and give you a report.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
21st March 2012, 07:46 PM |#4  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Is this MIUI V4 or the one with ICS framework in Gingerbread MIUI?

Sent from my Galaxy S!
21st March 2012, 09:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 654

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaashjois

Is this MIUI V4 or the one with ICS framework in Gingerbread MIUI?

Sent from my Galaxy S!

It's MIUI V4 as stated in the Title not Gingerbread MIUI .
The Following User Says Thank You to clay21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clay21 Ad-Free
21st March 2012, 10:49 PM |#6  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation WiFi problem!
In the Advanced menu lacks WiFi setting channel selection!

I can not access wireless network on channel 13?
One way is to edit build.prop - like this:

root / system / build.prop (enable read write),
change "ro.product.locale.region = GB" to "ro.product.locale.region = EU" without semi colons.
Add "13" to "ro.wifi.channels =" so it becomes "ro.wifi.channels = 13"
reboot.

binary root can not be frequently updated!
22nd March 2012, 12:35 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm on the 2.3.19 release and it works quite well, but there are two major bugs which seem common amongst Miui V4 releases on the i9000:

Phone numbers with country code included (ie: +44 in the UK) aren't recognised as the same number as stored in contacts without the country code so lots of messages and calls don't show from a known contact, as they were in GB Miui

Major issues with music player with headphones plugged in. I experienced constant reboots and hotboots when playing music with headphones plugged in, I haven't tried without headphones - who wants to listen to music from the loudspeaker? :|
22nd March 2012, 01:47 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I thought galnet got chucked off here?

Good to see it back, the old Galnet MIUI was cracking at it's peak.
The Following User Says Thank You to spoonboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spoonboy Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 09:17 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonboy

I thought galnet got chucked off here?

Good to see it back, the old Galnet MIUI was cracking at it's peak.

It was also. But I thought why not bring it back to xda?
I missed it so much and here it is again, I asked Matthew and he said I can post this.

I'd love to see galnetmiui growing again. Hope they fix the bugs soon. It's worth giving a try

It used to be one of the biggest threads on xda, love to see it again like that.

I'll post all the bugs that are here also on the forum on http://galnetmiui.co.uk.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to bjornj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bjornj Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 09:19 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcajjones

I'm on the 2.3.19 release and it works quite well, but there are two major bugs which seem common amongst Miui V4 releases on the i9000:

Phone numbers with country code included (ie: +44 in the UK) aren't recognised as the same number as stored in contacts without the country code so lots of messages and calls don't show from a known contact, as they were in GB Miui

Major issues with music player with headphones plugged in. I experienced constant reboots and hotboots when playing music with headphones plugged in, I haven't tried without headphones - who wants to listen to music from the loudspeaker? :|

With doubletwist i don't have this..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to bjornj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bjornj Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 09:32 PM |#11  
Flag Hungary, Gy-M-S.
Thanks Meter: 1,022

More
I've flashed this ROM this morning. No prob so far. One of the best MIUI ROM for me.

Sent from MIUI-ICS
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galnetmiui, ics, miuiv4
Previous Thread Next Thread