Can´t find HTC Explorer in XDA-Devices

Search This thread

Candy-men

May 15, 2007
Berlin
Hi folks, maybe I´m a bit too stupid.... but i can´t find an Device-section for the HTC Explore:confused:r

All i want to know is the clear differences between Wildfire S and Explorer, and if it is worth to spend less money for the Explorer instead the Wildfire S....

THX so far for your help.

Candy-men

May 15, 2007
Berlin
Thx for your reply. I´ve found some specs about the devices before. But i need to know how the different devices feel in real life. How about speed, apps, and all the other things.
I think i have to try it myself :D

I just don´t know what my wife will say to two new Devices.....:rolleyes:

Comrade General

Apr 1, 2012
XDA developers does not have a section for HTC Explorer. I have searched it myself too.
Yesterday my HTC Explorer came in. This is my first android phone. After a lot of search between Wildfire S and Explorer I opted for explorer.
Although spec wise the features are pretty much the same but I opted for Explorer.

It has a new architecture and speed and performance wise, it is better than the Wildfire S. I have checked benchmarks from many sites and it is a lot better.

The phone is pretty tiny but you'll get used to it. I'm going to root it and overclock the processor as it seems a bit slow. So between the two go for Explorer. If you want to ask anything about it, do let me know.

I'm new to android so have to learn how to root it.
Cheers. :)

aryonoco

Aug 9, 2010
Melbourne
Go for the Explorer

They look similar on the spec sheet, but the Explorer uses a new Cortex-A5 processor, so even though they are both running at 600 Mhz, the Explorer is much faster. Cortex-A5 is also compatible with the high-end Cortex-A9, which means you can run all the latest apps on Android.

The Wildfire S has one thing over the Explorer, and that is a better camera. Its camera has auto zoom whereas the Explorer only has a fixed zoom camera. But let's be honest, you are probably not buying this phone for its camera, so I would definitely recommend the Explorer instead.