[Q] Is there any possibility to switch off sms report notification only?

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By miiichal.er, Junior Member on 22nd March 2012, 12:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there any possibility to switch off sms report notification only but leave information about receiving sms in message thread?
I want to have information if my sms was received, but I don't want notification for each sms. It's really annoying.
I also want keep my stock app.

Any solutions?

sorry for my english
22nd March 2012, 03:31 PM |#2  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I assume you're using a Sense-based ROM - and that you're on about delivery reports showing up in the status bar?

The HTC messaging app is the only app that I know of that insists on putting delivery reports in the status bar, and I agree, it's really annoying. I also think that it isn't possible to silence the notification - if you have delivery reports turned on, you will get a notification for every successfully received message.

I appreciate from your post that you want to keep your stock messaging app, but unfortunately, I can't see any other way than using a Market alternative.

You could always try pulling the default messaging app from an AOSP build on the development forum and replacing it with that. The delivery reports with other messaging apps are quite subtle, and you get small notifications that fade in saying 'Message received by xxxxx.' that fade out again - much less intrusive.
22nd March 2012, 04:00 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 79

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiichal.er

Is there any possibility to switch off sms report notification only but leave information about receiving sms in message thread?
I want to have information if my sms was received, but I don't want notification for each sms. It's really annoying.
I also want keep my stock app.

Any solutions?

sorry for my english

Unfortunately as far as your phone is concerned an SMS is an SMS regardless if its a real incoming message for you or an SMS report notification.
Your phone reacts in the same way.
23rd June 2012, 01:05 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
HTC sense is just basically plain stupid. Talking about Android = Customization.. What a joke.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)