FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][9/25/12] MIUI.us Presents MIUI v4.1 2.9.21 Jelly Bean [4.1.1][Stock CM9 Kernel]

565 posts
Thanks Meter: 552

By weblexa, Senior Member on 24th March 2012, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

MIUI.us is Proud to Present
MIUI 2.9.21 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Fascinate

With the Exclusive MIUI.us Toolbox

This is a community support ROM only!

The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums.
Support is mostly provided on forums.miui.us.

New releases are released each Friday.

Jelly Bean Google Apps package is now included with this ROM. No need to flash separately.

A DATA WIPE IS REQUIRED IF UPDATING FROM ANY PREVIOUS MIUI VERSION 2.8.10 OR BELOW!
Flashing any version of Devil Kernel will cause a boot loop! I will fix this when I have some free time.
Quote:

Installation Instructions

It is no longer required to flash CM10 before flashing MIUI v4.1 if coming from a Gingerbread, ICS, or JB based ROM.
  • Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a Nandroid
  • Factory reset device
  • Wipe Cache & Dalvik
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!

Quote:

What Doesn't Work
  • Wifi Tethering via the native tethering app. Use a third part tethering app.
  • 3G signal bars still broken. Voice signal bars fully functional though.
  • Torch

Data fix for Non-Verizon devices: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102417300/datafix_jb.zip. Flash in recovery. Should work on Mesmerize and Showcase variants.

**Consider 3G signal bars and the torch function things that just aren't going to be fixed anytime in the foreseeable future. Getting these to work is going to take some major code rewriting, and unfortunately, I just don't have the time or skills required for that yet. You can use one of the many available third party flashlight apps to get the same functionality as the torch. I will continue to research and try new ideas to get these working, but please don't expect it anytime soon.

Everything else is assumed to be working. If you find something broken that isn't listed above, please let us know so we can look into it. Once the bug is confirmed, it will be added to the list above until it is resolved.

Quote:

Downloads:

Please do not mirror or link my downloads, just link back to this thread.
Current MIUI Release
Past MIUI Releases

Quote:

Thanks

• JT1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung, and everyone else who had a hand in making CM10 possible for the Fascinate
  • dfgas for some bug fixes regarding data/calls
  • MIUI for the awesome ROM

I will do my best to keep up with this thread. Please understand that it can be difficult keeping up with multiple threads though. If you're looking for a quick response, please consider posting in the Fascinate section on the MIUI.us Forums.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to weblexa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weblexa Ad-Free

24th March 2012, 03:40 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane, WA

More
Bug Fix History
2.9.7 Changes
  • Added GooManager for OTA updates
  • Fixed bugs with camera
  • Bluetooth fixed? Let me know
  • Added Jelly Bean Gapps package

2.8.31 Changes
  • Updated to Jelly Bean
  • Reboot Recovery menu option hot boots. Use ROM Manager to boot to recovery.
  • MIUI.us Toolbox not compatible with Jelly Bean yet.

Bugs Fixed Prior to 2.8.31:
  • Removed Updater app due to force closes
  • Fixed Permissions Manager so that Superuser permissions can be managed through Permissions Manager instead of Superuser.apk
  • Removed Superuser.apk
  • Implemented tweaks to improve performance and battery life
  • Fixed voice signal bar. Data signal bar still broken.
  • Fixed SMS/MMS functionality
  • Added 3-Way Reboot Mod (Options are Normal, Recovery, and Hot Boot)
  • Fixed Compass
  • Fixed Themes
  • Fixed GPS
  • Fixed Roaming Indicator Off message
  • Fixed Superuser Permissions issues
  • Fixed force close issues
  • Fixed most bugs with the Camera app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weblexa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weblexa Ad-Free
24th March 2012, 03:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane, WA

More
Reserved...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weblexa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weblexa Ad-Free
24th March 2012, 05:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I didn't expect to see this so soon, so this was a pleasant surprise. Also, nice to see that it's now an official MIUI.US build. I'm gonna test this out asap.
24th March 2012, 07:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
As soon as stable GPS works, I will be all over this!
24th March 2012, 08:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Many thanks for all your work weblexa! I bit the ICS bullet earlier this week and went with AOKP build 28 which is awesome (faster and more stable than Gummy in my experience), but can't wait to try this out.
24th March 2012, 08:54 PM |#7  
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Not sure what happened but I setup this rom and then rebooted into recovery and flashed beta 6 glitch and boom can't bot into rom. Error says something about encription error and how I have to wipe all user data. Back to AOKP 28
25th March 2012, 12:26 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy23

Not sure what happened but I setup this rom and then rebooted into recovery and flashed beta 6 glitch and boom can't bot into rom. Error says something about encription error and how I have to wipe all user data. Back to AOKP 28

The rom already included Glitch (it says so in the title), so flashing a Glitch kernel was redundant, but that's beside the point. I think the reason you were encountering that error was because you were flashing beta 6 instead of beta 6.1.
25th March 2012, 01:37 AM |#9  
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Nm I dl the telus version. Reflashing now

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
25th March 2012, 04:06 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane, WA

More
MMS is confirmed to be working. If you are having any trouble sending or receiving MMS, please back up your data and do a full data wipe. Also wipe cache and dalvik and fix permissions. If MMS still isn't working, please let me know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weblexa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weblexa Ad-Free
25th March 2012, 04:59 AM |#11  
Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblexa

MMS is confirmed to be working. If you are having any trouble sending or receiving MMS, please back up your data and do a full data wipe. Also wipe cache and dalvik and fix permissions. If MMS still isn't working, please let me know.

Confirmed here. No setdns needed! Nice work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, jelly bean, jellybean, miui, miui.us

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)