[Q] Galaxy Tab 10.1 will not connect to PC

Search This thread

galaxytabevo

Jun 22, 2011
If Odin works, then either a factory reset or a nice reflash of stock firmware would fix the issue :) That should fix that, Since the USB Charge script conflicts with a few scenario's.

@evo The biggest concern right now is getting CWM to be installed. Question is by what method now...I need to think about that. The only safe way to push CWM is via Odin, and that's what bums out big time, I'm still trying to figure out what's suddenly causing this hell hole, not only you but many are lately complaining about their USB's not working. Most from task's thread, what's going on there? Might have to look up his thread for a solution

I bumped into Chainfire and he mentioned the code for 10.1 is already in there but there are high chances of bricking it which is why he disabled it. FML

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Well, Looks like I was right, if you search on the thread of taskROM you will see a flood of "MTP not working, USB not working, USB Charge not working"

Only problem is you haven't flashed anything evo ;( or have you? Stock ROM? Custom ROM? So why has this been happening trickles me.

Honest I have no idea lol. I only have it rooted cause you gave me the file, and it wasn't working before either so idk. Sometimes when I plug it into the computer, it begins to charge and I know for a fact that charging using USB is disabled on the tab so maybe somethings wrong with that code telling it what is for charging and what is for syncing? Samsung wasn't helpful either they just want me to send it in

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
That really confuses me then o.o How does a stock ROM do this to itself, I can agree if it was a custom ROM or something but USB charge was never there for HC in the first place it was to save it from being charged if it gets bricked I suppose.

But anyways seems like the sammy centre is your last option :|

If removing the drivers and reinstalling them didn't work. Then yeah :| Its probably factory defect

galaxytabevo

Jun 22, 2011
That really confuses me then o.o How does a stock ROM do this to itself, I can agree if it was a custom ROM or something but USB charge was never there for HC in the first place it was to save it from being charged if it gets bricked I suppose.

But anyways seems like the sammy centre is your last option :|

If removing the drivers and reinstalling them didn't work. Then yeah :| Its probably factory defect

Yeah I'm just thinking of leaving it stock and getting an iPad soon, when I get some cash. Can you do one last favor? Do you have a zip file that has the stock 3.2 with no root? I can't seem to find it. I do appreciate your efforts in helping me, even though I failed.

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Ah no worries, you haven't failed, this is something they messed up on their side and needed to fix it before launch, Samsung was just too arrogant to rush tablet's to get into the mix with the iPad fanatics.

As for root there are unrooting apps on the market. That should save you major time :)

galaxytabevo

Jun 22, 2011
Ah no worries, you haven't failed, this is something they messed up on their side and needed to fix it before launch, Samsung was just too arrogant to rush tablet's to get into the mix with the iPad fanatics.

As for root there are unrooting apps on the market. That should save you major time :)

Thanks buddy :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, yeah sorry that I didn't reply via the PM as it tends to get flooded at times and I lose track of where and who sent the original :p Do forgive me for that.

The problem is the red X appears when you had the USB charge from the Overcome series, I'm pretty sure it's a lib file that conflicts with other ROM's and such, and they said there was a way to remove it, but it's dug somewhere underneath their thread, the best bet would be to attempt a factory reset, I do hope that your data is backed up via Titanium or something before you attempt this, because doing a factory reset via device *Not CWM* tends to reset all sorts of mods applied to the phone, and the user applications.

If you do attempt a factory reset do let me know :) You'd be surprised what a clean swipe can do (Problem is there isn't an external sd slot) so things tend to get left behind from other ROM's (The ones that aren't replaced anyway during installation)
    It's times like these I wish some sort of teleport was invented to help people fix problems lol. Would be grand really.

Also all Samsung service reps are bastards, I remember when I bricked my Gtab10 they asked me to file a ticket and wait, I waited for an hour or 2 in line, when I finally got to the front, they refused to accept it saying "We don't have this stock, hence we can't accept it", I was so mad, I felt the only use for my bricked tab was to smack it on his face, which is why I decided to set up a stall of some sort here and try to help out as much as I can. I do admire your guts however on calling him a bastard and a homeboy.

Since your demand to try ICS is grand, this is somewhat long, but by ghandi's tits! this should work!

I felt your in enough **** as it is, so I provided direct links as your best bet? Would be to download Mobile Odin by Chainfire (Buy or arr*cough*), then download the ICS firmware (99 MB) via the tablet [Sorry I would give you the link but I don't know what model tablet you have], and download the CWM, Use the Mobile Odin to flash the CWM recovery module, and later use the recovery to flash the ICS ROM.

The tablet can handle these, downloads. Chainfire mentioned that it now supports 10.1 so luck is ever in your favor

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I realized that you don't have root, FML. You may need to use the tablet to Download Root.zip, You need to use something like a File Explorer to rename this file as update.zip and move/paste it from the Download folder to the root folder which would be /sdcard, Then boot into Stock recovery, [Volume Down+Power, Recovery would be the one that looks like a box] and there should be an option, Install update.zip from sdcard (Since you renamed the root to this, you should be able to install it without any issues)

PS: I sent you a little present in your inbox, I hope that helps.