FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q][SOLVED] Samsung Galaxy GIO (Can't enter download mode)

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By lh1tmaN, Junior Member on 31st March 2012, 06:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone

As I said on the subject I have a Samsung Galaxy GIO that doesn't work properly. The phone wasn't booting, so a friend of mine tried to fix him using ODIN (because i don't know how to use it) but he used the Galaxy ACE drivers and the OPS file also so the phone now things that he is an ACE. It says Samsung Galaxy ACE when it boots and the volume UP, the home button, the camera don't work, and a few other stuff don't work also.

So what I came here to ask is if you guys now any other way to get the phone into the Download mode? Or now a way to restore everything without ODIN?

Before I think the combination was Volume DOWN, Home and POWER but know it doesn't work =/

Thank you all
31st March 2012, 06:10 PM |#2  
voetbalremco's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag gelderland
Thanks Meter: 1,927
 
Donate to Me
More
Use a tutorial on how to install ADB , or try downloading terminal from market and type ADB REBOOT DOWNLOAD
Then flash a gio rom using odin

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to voetbalremco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift voetbalremco Ad-Free
31st March 2012, 06:14 PM |#3  
lh1tmaN's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voetbalremco

Use a tutorial on how to install ADB , or try downloading terminal from market and type ADB REBOOT DOWNLOAD
Then flash a gio rom using odin

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium

And can you tell me where to find the drivers for the GIO? I've been searching for almost 2 days and I've only found the .ops file.

Some ppl told me that the Samfirmware ROM's don't need them, that we just check a box that says one package and select the ROM and the OPS file, is that right?

And thank you
31st March 2012, 06:18 PM |#4  
iok1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Helsingborg
Thanks Meter: 525
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh1tmaN

And can you tell me where to find the drivers for the GIO? I've been searching for almost 2 days and I've only found the .ops file.

Some ppl told me that the Samfirmware ROM's don't need them, that we just check a box that says one package and select the ROM and the OPS file, is that right?

And thank you

The ops file are the drivers....
The Following User Says Thank You to iok1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iok1 Ad-Free
31st March 2012, 06:48 PM |#5  
voetbalremco's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag gelderland
Thanks Meter: 1,927
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh1tmaN

And can you tell me where to find the drivers for the GIO? I've been searching for almost 2 days and I've only found the .ops file.

Some ppl told me that the Samfirmware ROM's don't need them, that we just check a box that says one package and select the ROM and the OPS file, is that right?

And thank you

Your device needs to have usb debugging on, and usb drivers so it can connect.



Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium
31st March 2012, 06:52 PM |#6  
voetbalremco's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag gelderland
Thanks Meter: 1,927
 
Donate to Me
More
Look here for the files you need:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1573628

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium
1st April 2012, 08:43 AM |#7  
andylah's Avatar
Member
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
use home button+power button+volume down button
not volume up button

hope it can help you
1st April 2012, 08:49 AM |#8  
voetbalremco's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag gelderland
Thanks Meter: 1,927
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andylah

use home button+power button+volume down button
not volume up button

hope it can help you

Read dumbass.
If his buttons are screwed, and they dont work properly when booted, they wont work neither to enter download mode

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium
1st April 2012, 08:51 AM |#9  
voetbalremco's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag gelderland
Thanks Meter: 1,927
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh1tmaN


Before I think the combination was Volume DOWN, Home and POWER but know it doesn't work =/

Thank you all



Quote:
Originally Posted by andylah

use home button+power button+volume down button
not volume up button

hope it can help you

Smart man.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium
1st April 2012, 06:09 PM |#10  
Peteragent5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 2,051
 
Donate to Me
More
Well you can't Use ADB because that needs your phone to boot up.
Try this:
Take out battery and wait for a while. Then put it back in.
Now, again, take out battery and wait for a while. Then put it back in.
Now try Download mode
1st April 2012, 06:49 PM |#11  
Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh1tmaN

As I said on the subject I have a Samsung Galaxy GIO that doesn't work properly. The phone wasn't booting, so a friend of mine tried to fix him using ODIN (because i don't know how to use it) but he used the Galaxy ACE drivers and the OPS file also so the phone now things that he is an ACE. It says Samsung Galaxy ACE when it boots and the volume UP, the home button, the camera don't work, and a few other stuff don't work also.

So what I came here to ask is if you guys now any other way to get the phone into the Download mode? Or now a way to restore everything without ODIN?

Before I think the combination was Volume DOWN, Home and POWER but know it doesn't work =/

Thank you all

Pull battery, plug usb into computer, hold volume down, then while holding volume down plug usb into phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes