FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ICS Multitasking Button!

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Galaxas0, Junior Member on 1st April 2012, 12:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey people! This is my first post here, but I've been watching this place for over 3 years now. Primarily a Mac developer, but switched from iOS to Android even before ICS came out. I own an HTC Aria and a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (also one of those iCuttingBoards that apple makes).

This is just a zip file with all the files modified for the HTC Aria. Works great with that last EGL-enabled build of the CM9 rom in WinSuk's thread (I need 10 posts to thank him!?!? wtf?).

Here are instructions for rooted users:

1) Download the zip.
2) Unpack and you'll see the system folder with its hierarchies.
3) Open up Terminal (i'm a Mac) or cmd.exe (Windows).
4) adb push <my_unzipped_folder_here>/system/framework/android.policy.jar /system/framework/android.policy.jar
5) adb push <my_unzipped_folder_here>/system/usr/keylayout/ /system/usr/keylayout/
6) Reboot!
7) ENJOY!

The HTC Aria with CM9 + EGL, and this mod makes it a seriously amazing phone (arguably far better than stock. it runs faster than my iCuttingBoard 1st gen too!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxas0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Galaxas0 Ad-Free

2nd April 2012, 01:47 AM |#2  
Flag Summerdale, AL
Thanks Meter: 358

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxas0

Hey people! This is my first post here, but I've been watching this place for over 3 years now. Primarily a Mac developer, but switched from iOS to Android even before ICS came out. I own an HTC Aria and a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (also one of those iCuttingBoards that apple makes).

This is just a zip file with all the files modified for the HTC Aria. Works great with that last EGL-enabled build of the CM9 rom in WinSuk's thread (I need 10 posts to thank him!?!? wtf?).

Here are instructions for rooted users:

1) Download the zip.
2) Unpack and you'll see the system folder with its hierarchies.
3) Open up Terminal (i'm a Mac) or cmd.exe (Windows).
4) adb push <my_unzipped_folder_here>/system/framework/android.policy.jar /system/framework/android.policy.jar
5) adb push <my_unzipped_folder_here>/system/usr/keylayout/ /system/usr/keylayout/
6) Reboot!
7) ENJOY!

The HTC Aria with CM9 + EGL, and this mod makes it a seriously amazing phone (arguably far better than stock. it runs faster than my iCuttingBoard 1st gen too!)

Ok, Am I missing something? Where is the link?
2nd April 2012, 01:56 AM |#3  
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,064

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbailey84

Ok, Am I missing something? Where is the link?

The OP forgot to add it/attach the file .
2nd April 2012, 04:24 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Whoops! It should be attached now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICS Multitask Aria.zip - [Click for QR Code] (140.5 KB, 84 views)
3rd April 2012, 07:52 PM |#5  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:

Whoops! It should be attached now.

Seriously crippled my Aria running MunJeni's CM9 4.0.4 ROM.
The hard buttons wouldn't work, and lots of other stuff broken.

Is this intended to be loaded into ICS or CM7?
4th April 2012, 02:12 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Yeah. Just flashed munjeni's ROM... not fun. I'll release a new version as this one was meant for WinSuk's ROM.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA
4th April 2012, 01:17 PM |#7  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:

Yeah. Just flashed munjeni's ROM... not fun. I'll release a new version as this one was meant for WinSuk's ROM.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA

Thanks for checking and for the work on this!
I'm probably asking a silly question, but what exactly is the multitasking button supposed to look like and what's it supposed to do?

I can press and hold the home screen for app switching, so I'm curious about what this button does and what advantage it offers.

5th April 2012, 01:41 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Oh, this just takes the ICS Multitasking (the Recent apps) which the HOME PRESS + HOLD brings you, and puts that on the search button, which I've never used. Ever. Ever in the history of ever. So i'd love to have easier access to the multitasking.

P.S. does anyone know how to make this a flashable CWM zip?
14th November 2013, 08:19 AM |#9  
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Hmm awesome man..:thumbup:

Sent from my Android using xda premium
21st June 2014, 02:12 PM |#10  

More
It's good!

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread