FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you root your phone successfuly with this method?

Yes

80 Vote(s)
72.07%
No

31 Vote(s)
27.93%

Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 166

Thread Closed Email Thread
18th April 2012, 02:26 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 746

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh30

Hi,
I want to root my phone, a Galaxy Mini, but before I do that I have some noob questions, because I don't want to do something stupid...

1. This should work on android 2.3.6 S5570XWKT2, right?

and...
2. Is there any risk that this can brick my phone?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

1. Yes.
2. No.

18th April 2012, 02:54 AM |#22  
OP Member
Flag MACEDONIA - Skopje

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldernerd

would be great of we could get a new version cut (V15 ??) with Thor's recommendations as well....
I am nearly at wits end with this S5830T rooting issue.

Sry oldernerd but GT-S5830T have some kind of security protection and not allowing to copy anything from the root binarys. This is common problem even and for the GSM-Forum for unlocking, If some new information come out you will be informed untill then I must removed from the tuorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <THOR>

Small bug in the package for unroot, i've download and tried this package and works but i've also see the scripts for delete the root and not there the script for delete the data file of superuser in the dalvik cache (system@app@Superuser.apk@classes.dex) and if not delete this file keep in the dalvik cache and is impossible delete after the unroot, only the hard reset delete this file after the unroot, then please fix also this small bug.

Unroot method now is updated no need to wipe cache partition or any kind of factory reset now unroot method is complete

Please redownload everybody the universal_gb_unroot.zip it is updated now even if it is downloaded from the mediafire links or from the attached files it is the same
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneBoyTony For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StoneBoyTony Ad-Free
18th April 2012, 03:06 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[QUOTE=StoneBoyTony;24988912]Sry oldernerd but GT-S5830T have some kind of security protection and not allowing to copy anything from the root binarys. This is common problem even and for the GSM-Forum for unlocking, If some new information come out you will be informed untill then I must removed from the tuorial.

Hi.... thanks for that but is that just the mobile phone or is it the phone PLUS 2.3.4.
In other words, could upgrading ANDROID to 2.3.6 work ??
18th April 2012, 03:29 AM |#24  
OP Member
Flag MACEDONIA - Skopje

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Now is ok you have add the command for delete the data file in the folder system/data/data and system/data/dalvik-cache:thumbup: but please add also this 3 commands that there in the old package for delete also the old method of root:

delete("/system/xbin/su-v1");
delete("/system/xbin/su-v2");
delete("/system/xbin/su-v3");

so if someone has the old method with this 3 files can delete, if not if someone has the old method after the unroot this 3 files remain in xbin and not can delete not even with the hard reset.

Tommorw it will be done but now i must go to sleep i'm very tired
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneBoyTony For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StoneBoyTony Ad-Free
18th April 2012, 06:47 AM |#25  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitrax59

1. Yes.
2. No.

Rooted complete...it worked. Thanks a lot.
18th April 2012, 10:27 AM |#26  
OP Member
Flag MACEDONIA - Skopje

Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:

Ok no problem, i've say of fix not of fix now and thanks for the fix:thumbup:

I have sleep 2 hours only, 1 hour in trying to sleep (tooth pain) and 15 min thinking to make a perfect unroot so redownload again universal_gb_unroot.zip links are updated. Tested 10 time root and unroot and on ..and .. on, can play all day now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.... thanks for that but is that just the mobile phone or is it the phone PLUS 2.3.4.
In other words, could upgrading ANDROID to 2.3.6 work ??[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will change anything about if is upgraded to 2.3.6 ... it is printed on the motherboard chip identification GT-S5830T and it will stay always like that.

EDIT: on the other hand some miracle hapend before hour a ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozventrin

Hi StoneBoy Tony,

I just tried your v14 on my S5830T on 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD.DVKQ3 and it worked.

Many thanks for your effort

http://androidforums.com/ace-all-thi...ml#post4247659

So i'm really confused now about GT-S5830T

EDIT2:

I think I solve the problem for Galaxy W and Ace cooper GT-S5830T unroot if previous rooted with the new links (updated all and the attached and from mediafire) and apply the new v15 root method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldernerd

would be great of we could get a new version cut (V15 ??) with Thor's recommendations as well....
I am nearly at wits end with this S5830T rooting issue.

Follow the steps as mentioned in EDIT2 good luck
19th April 2012, 04:27 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi

Well i downloaded the new unroot and root.v15 onto my S5830T.

I ran the unroot first .. completed ok.
I then rn the root.v15 and it completed ok.

Superuser was in the apps BUT phone still not rooted.

I cannot believe how nothr user was able to use V14 and IT WORKED.... i have exactly same config down to firmware level and V14 failed to work for me.

Are mobiles that inconsistent ???

19th April 2012, 11:20 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Is there any way this could work on the I9000 updated to 2.3.3?
19th April 2012, 12:28 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1,050

Donate to Me
More
I've tried it on Galaxy S I9070 Advance with Gingerbread 2.3.6, I got this:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

Where is the catch? My recovery is stock.
19th April 2012, 02:10 PM |#30  
Flag Springfield, Mo
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Went through the thread...didn't see, but thought I would ask...
Nothing for the Galaxy Note? N-7000?
19th April 2012, 06:01 PM |#31  
Account currently disabled
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 365

Donate to Me
More
Hello there,

sorry to temporarily derail the thread, but I just wanted to let everyone know that this thread has been featured on the XDA Portal.

here's the link:
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...msung-devices/

This is a freaking awesome thing. Root for so many devices keep up the awesome work!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoorCollegeGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PoorCollegeGuy Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
c.c.b.s.f, galaxy, gingerbread root, quickoffice, root, unroot
Previous Thread Next Thread