tl;dr: We rebased all work on a newer ICS kernel, so lots of work had to be done to get everything working again. Two steps forward, ten steps back, ~8.5 steps forward again... almost back to where we started, but now on a way better base.
locerra and I have been hard at work porting the smdk4210 kernel
to work on our tablets. It's a 3.0.x-based kernel, which is what most devices with an official ICS ROM are using (whereas the Honeycomb kernel is 2.6.36). Getting the kernel to boot was one thing (thanks locerra!), but almost every userspace daemon/lib needed tweaks to work as well. This kernel is much nicer, and it brings us more inline with other Exynos4-based devices (Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note, etc), so we are now able to share much more code with them, and benefit from the work that their developers are doing. We have to thank teamhacksung for the majority of this work.
Without further ado, lets move on to the good stuff...
- RIL (SMS, calling, 3G)... now using Galaxy S II's RIL blobs
- GPS (had to update serial port settings due to the new kernel)
- Rotation animation doesn't glitch anymore
- hardware-accelerated video/audio (not all codecs! Try MX Player from the market, it can do HW/SW decoding)
- probably a whole bunch more I forgot
ROM (DP3, May 13, 2012): goo-inside.me
- wifi (try sitting on top of your router!)
- camera (don't get too fancy )
- USB mounting of external SD card (but I left it out of this build because it was being iffy during my last build)
/ mirrors wanted! (md5: 3fb59beaedd7722fbef476a8cf678e4b)
ClockworkMod Recovery (22.214.171.124): goo-inside.me
(use the CyanogenMod 9 one)
Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery. Wipe is absolutely necessary. If it doesn't boot the first time, just hold power button for 10 seconds and boot it again. Don't flash gapps until you've set up your data connection, or else they'll be really annoying and buggy.
It's ALL on my github account: http://github.com/alanorth
. You can also check locerra's: http://github.com/ohanar
. If you're a badass hacker, please help us.