Really Asus ..Really...

Search This thread

kumper33

Sep 28, 2010
Well my wall charger finally died.... well I think it did. Wont charge anymore. Tried everything

Freezer.
Pry Out Prongs

Made my own charger... still wont charge. So I'm thinking the USB cable died. Not a problem ill head to the store. Sold out everywhere.

I love android, but I wish we had the backing of Apple, Apple's product are in every store... Cases, chargers, docks.

For the love of god if you want to compete with Apple, copy a couple things from them. If you want to release a new tablet, make it available in a couple weeks. I get ready to spend money and its months and months away. The excitement is gone.

But not now im stuck without my tablet I use every day... and the Asus store wont put my order through...

kumper33

Sep 28, 2010
Its not to start a flame war... but I did get the charger working... must have been my usb port on the transformer cable

cut the male end off and wired red/orange to + side of 12v 1amp charger and the - end to the braided line? and its charging now..

just have to get some stuff from radio shack to tidy it up ..

just cant connect to computer now till I get a new line

ssl123

Feb 18, 2012
Well, that's good, because, from what I was reading, it sounded like you were suggesting that ASUS should open a chain of self-branded retail stores where they can carry all of their products in every store. Where to even begin on that?

b1lk1

Sep 26, 2011
Acton, Ontario
If we're lucky, once ASUS does indeed open all their own branded stores, they will hopelessly lock down our devices, charge us double the cost and then make us submit to random drug screening to use their products too.....

Jun 2, 2010
I called the Best Buy in Ames Iowa to see if they had the screen protector for my TF101 in stock (they install them too for a nominal fee).

The sales person that got on the phone chuckled at my request and actually said "If it doesn't have an "i" in the name, we most likely will have to special order it."

How lame is that?

To top it off...he was right. Not one in stock and none scheduled to be shipped to them unless I special order it and wait 2 weeks.

Last edited:

scottyf79

May 1, 2011
United Kingdom *****ez.
well funnily enough the bbc reported a couple days ago that Google are planning to start selling tablets directly and that Samsung and Asus are part of the range they plan to sell.

tweaked

Sep 12, 2008
Your Moms house
Google Pixel 4a
Not me kid.

Coming from the kid who 80% of his posts are flamming others post. you spend all day trolling threads to flame on someone....:eek:

Was and is you.
I on the other hand have never even been talked to by a MOD here. Ever. Since 2008. But you go on thinking you have a clue. :rolleyes:

Even as such; I won't tell you I never called someone out for posting lies, wrong information, not searching, or just posting something inane. Such as this thread. We aren't Asus. Posting it here was useless.. Not to mention we also have a whole forum devoted to accessories and thier discussion.

Your issue is that you don't comprehend what trolling is. You call ppl names, you insult ppl, you curse. You attempt to belittle, Calling ppl dumb and dumber or Kid is trolling and against the rules.

But I don't expect you to understand that. So instead I report it. :)

Which; if and when you feel I have done something wrong, you should do the same. instead of, Trolling to argue in threads.

Last edited:

horndroid

Jan 30, 2012
San Francisco
Well I knew dumb and dumber would be the first 2 to comment. Or the first 2 flammers should we say. :D

Not sure how my post was a flame. My post actually prevented people from flaming the OP because it would make them feel ridiculous to fulfill what I predicted.
Did you expect people to reply constructively to the OP's post when it was just another rant about Asus compared to Apple?

You've been on this forum since 2010 and you should know from your recent experience that threads of this type do not turn out to be anything but a flame fest.

Your post is actually the first inflammatory post in this thread. Grow up.

atlharp

Jan 21, 2012
Newton
OnePlus 7T
I called the Best Buy in Ames Iowa to see if they had the screen protector for my TF101 in stock (they install them too for a nominal fee).

The sales person that got on the phone chuckled at my request and actually said "If it doesn't have an "i" in the name, we most likely will have to special order it."

How lame is that?

To top it off...he was right. Not one in stock and none scheduled to be shipped to them unless I special order it and wait 2 weeks.

Wow, Best Buy is lame. Who didn't see that one coming? ;)

kumper33

Sep 28, 2010
all I was trying to say it would be nice to be able to buy more android products in a store...

swissross

Oct 19, 2007
If we're lucky, once ASUS does indeed open all their own branded stores, they will hopelessly lock down our devices, charge us double the cost and then make us submit to random drug screening to use their products too.....

Ya. And ios is impossible to jailbreak and cydia is a figment of my imagination. Oh wait...

munsterrr

Aug 17, 2008
Arlington
images

jasonwuzthere

Nov 26, 2010
The real problem is Apple has complete control over it's hardware. All iPhones and iPods use the same charging cable. All iPads use the same cable. So it's really easy for a store to stock 1 Apple cable that covers everything.

Google has little control over the hardware that Android goes on. And forcing requirements on manufacturers kinda defeats the whole open end thing they were going for. Stocking the proprietary cable for every Android device would take up quite a bit of shelf space for a product that will probably sell pretty slowly. Comparing the two is comparing apples to oranges. No pun intended.

What we really need is for manufacturers to get together and take the EU approach. Every phone/mp3 player/tablet uses the same connection. Whether that means micro-USB or some other interface. But, that's a pipe dream. They make a killing off of proprietary hardware that is easily damaged.

THIS WILL GO NOWHERE.... Sorry ... THREAD CLOSED

Last edited by a moderator:

theabsurdman

May 26, 2010
to the OP: i thought that my charger had died. turned out the UK adaptor part had come slightly loose. it took a fair effort to slot it back but it worked fine thereafter. just something to think about.