FORUMS

[Q] Removing yellow triangle + flash count on SGS2

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By gsrac3r, Member on 3rd April 2012, 02:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I've been having trouble removing the yellow triangle and flash count from my galaxy s2.

I am running cyanogen mod 7.1

Damn, won't let me post images..here is a screenshot of my phone's version
imgur . com /be6Zm.png

I bought a USB jig off eBay but it seems as though it does not work with my current boot loader.

How can I remove it without having to flash a legit software version? I don't want to lose all my data and have to worry about restoring it.

Or is it possible to flash a legit version and restore to my cyanogen one, retaining ALL of my apps/data but removing the triangle?

Thanks in advance
3rd April 2012, 09:01 AM |#2  
Flag Ginosa
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Bootloader
Your bootloader isn't incompatible with the jig . You can put the old bootloader tar file on either PDA or BOOTLOADER section. Then flash it. You can install new bootloader back after reset the custom binary download counter. But not necessary because nothing new in the new bootloader except disable USB Jig usage. Old bootloader for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is attached ...
Attached Files
File Type: 7z GT-I9100_OLD_BOOTLOADER.7z - [Click for QR Code] (414.6 KB, 3754 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike7515 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike7515 Ad-Free
3rd April 2012, 10:47 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7515

Your bootloader isn't incompatible with the jig . You can put the old bootloader tar file on either PDA or BOOTLOADER section. Then flash it. You can install new bootloader back after reset the custom binary download counter. But not necessary because nothing new in the new bootloader except disable USB Jig usage. Old bootloader for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is attached ...

Wow thanks for that!

So I would only have to flash the bootloader? Meaning I will keep all of my current settings/data?

EDIT: All done now, worked 100% perfectly; thank you very much
19th April 2012, 12:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hmm, this is great,
but something tells me

this might not work for people running CM9...?
5th June 2012, 02:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7515

I have same problem... can i use that bootloader too? thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-05-04-18-13-29.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1108172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-06-05-14-22-11.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1108173  
9th July 2012, 04:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Found the new bootloader file...
15th July 2012, 10:06 PM |#8  

More
Can I flash the old GB bootloader while I am on ICS to reset binary counter and than come back to new ICS bootloader?
1st October 2012, 05:07 PM |#9  

More
Resurrection Remix v3.8
Hey I also have a USB jig that doesn't work because of the bootloader

SGS2 with Resurrection Remix v3.8
Baseband I9100XXLPX
Siyah Kernel

Can I use the Old Bootloader too?

Thanks

bowker678
23rd January 2013, 01:17 PM |#10  

More
CM 10.1 Yellow Triangle
I'm using the CM 10.1 on my Galaxy S2. Can I use the old bootloader to reset the counter?

Thx...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)