FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Known Bugs & Issues

178 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By H-Cim, Senior Member on 4th April 2012, 07:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys

A lot of you seem to have little issues with the HTC One X so I decided to make a thread where we can gather all those issues to find out if you are alone or not. Which is important to know if the problem is related to your specific device or rather some software issue.

Bugs
  • Screen stops turning orientation, even in settings menu G-sensor no longer moves. - POSSIBLE FIX : Go to taskmanager and kill all tasks - All credit and thanks go to casca
  • Calendar widget crashes if more then 20 appointments - TIP : Just remove the widget since it will keep crashing until you remove it...
  • Other HTC widgets seem to be causing lag too.
  • GPU Rendering can't be forced.
  • Live wallpaper stops on switching between screens
  • GPS issues - Possible fix : Download gps status on the market and clear the a-gps data - if this works all credit and thanks go to matmar
  • Screen starts "jumping"
  • When browsing/camera/other Sense 4.0 related tasks -> It looks like there is "noise" on the screen. Like this
  • SIM card stops working/restarts/no connection
  • The three dot menu button appears in some ICS native apps, like the YouTube app for example. - Fix for this in Dev section (requires unlock)
  • Tegra 3 games (and some others) lag, this is probably connect to some video driver bug. (Hardware is fast enouf to play it without lag)
  • Screen reactivating after using the lock-button (only 1 click ofc)
  • When opening the Clock app (just by pressing the clock on your homescreen), and moving to the Timer-tab (the one on the far right) it always adds one hour, one minute and one second to whatever time you set it to.

Issues
  • Lag in Multi-Tasking window and other elements - TIP : Go to Dev Settings - disable animations. This improved the speed a lot for me (even thou most animations keep on running, only the excessive ones get turned off) [This lag is clearly a software issue, other launchers are lag-free; should be fixed soon]
  • A lot of people are reporting signal problems. (No clue what's causing it)
  • Yellow spots on the screen

Always try to Factory Reset your device if you have a problem. Most of the time this fixes it. (Last resort)

Post your bugs and issues and if they get posted frequently I'll add them to the list.

Note to people who are planning on buying an HTC One X :
The device is still a great piece of technology, every software has bugs in it at the start! Don't get dissapointed because there are some minor glitches in the software, most of them will be fixed within 7 days from now (Update).
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to H-Cim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift H-Cim Ad-Free

4th April 2012, 07:58 PM |#2  
mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Live wallpaper stops on switching between screens

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
4th April 2012, 09:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Can't turn on GPU 2D Rendering.

Can't turn on Animation once unchecked.
4th April 2012, 09:51 PM |#4  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 43

Donate to Me
More
heating issues..? over heating of device, turning off sim/phone services after certain temperature, not letting charge, etc... many guys complained about this.. very sad...
4th April 2012, 09:55 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
When i use the power button to turn off the screen it occasionaly turns on to the lockscreen after 0.5 seconds; Not always, normally when the screen was on for a longer time.

Glitches all over the place...

backlight not stable on light grey picture. (With my device i noticed it when i searched a grey pic on google, and zoomed in, the backlight flickered 1 second to "settle" after that it was good). On full birghtness i didn't had the probleme.
4th April 2012, 10:21 PM |#6  
Flag UAE
Thanks Meter: 284

More
I am not satisfied with that phone.
It is not fast and laggy sometimes.
Multitasking button is not responding a lot.
When open some apps with black background, the resolution of the black color background sucks and shows blurry lines. It appears when adding gmail account.
I tried talking Tom and i found that it is working slower than in sensation and lags a lot.
I hate sense and i like to see AOSP Rom soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to verynuclear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift verynuclear Ad-Free
4th April 2012, 10:28 PM |#7  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,023

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynuclear

I am not satisfied with that phone.
It is not fast and laggy sometimes.
Multitasking button is not responding a lot.
When open some apps with black background, the resolution of the black color background sucks and shows blurry lines. It appears when adding gmail account.
I tried talking Tom and i found that it is working slower than in sensation and lags a lot.
I hate sense and i like to see AOSP Rom soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I'm glad I didn't buy this phone yet. Every day that goes by, I want this phone less and less seriously. I think I'm gonna wait for the Galaxy SIII. I'm sure I won't be disappointed with it. I refuse to spend money on a high end phone to see many glitches and lag at launch, even if it is fixable with ROMs and kernels, you shouldn't have to do that . Come one HTC
The Following User Says Thank You to barondebxl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift barondebxl Ad-Free
4th April 2012, 10:32 PM |#8  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 1,163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

I'm glad I didn't buy this phone yet. Every day that goes by, I want this phone less and less seriously. I think I'm gonna wait for the Galaxy SIII. I'm sure I won't be disappointed with it. I refuse to spend money on a high end phone to see many glitches and lag at launch, even if it is fixable with ROMs and kernels, you shouldn't have to do that . Come one HTC

Isn't their 2 updates due to be released already though?

1.26 > 1.28

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
4th April 2012, 10:43 PM |#9  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,023

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjcks

Isn't their 2 updates due to be released already though?

1.26 > 1.28

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure
4th April 2012, 10:46 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
HTC better not play any silly games with these OTA and keep pushing the date back, this dire battery life isn't fit for purpose right now.
4th April 2012, 11:28 PM |#11  
Flag UAE
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

Yes you have be be glad because u didn't buy it.
Sense 4.0 really looks ugly except the clock and it also consumes the battery life.
The dialer also looks very bad.
Why does HTC love this old green color over the awesome blue one released as default by google?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)