FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 286
 
By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2012, 11:24 PM |#211  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Would it also be possible to merge old and new backup and import them afterwards?
 
 
30th June 2012, 04:25 PM |#212  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello dear ztedd,
I have to congrat you and your team for the really great job you did.
Everything worked fine, I can access all the normal conversations with the dragndrop but I cannot access the deleted messages, as some other people are also in the same situation.
For it's really a very important matter, I have some details that cannot be lost on these deleted conversation. Please can you help me with that?
30th June 2012, 08:09 PM |#213  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
not able to install pycrypto
Dears,

I am getting this error whenever I try to install pycrypto.bat, what could be the reason?

C:\Users\Elbaba\Desktop\Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.1_2012-05-10-2>rem If you want to dec
rypt android whatsapp msgtore.db.crypt files, then you need to run this (after i
nstalling ActivePython)

C:\Users\Elbaba\Desktop\Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.1_2012-05-10-2>"C:\Program Files (x86
)\Python32\Scripts\pypm" install pycrypto
Expanding "%APPDATA%\Python\Scripts" in user's %PATH%; please launch a new Comma
nd Window

Thanks,
30th June 2012, 09:50 PM |#214  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekabal

I am getting this error whenever I try to install pycrypto.bat, what could be the reason?

C:\Users\Elbaba\Desktop\Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.1_2012-05-10-2>

Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.1_2012-05-10-2 isn't the latest version. Please download the latest version from the first page and try it again with that.
30th June 2012, 09:53 PM |#215  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calif123

Hello dear ztedd,
I have to congrat you and your team for the really great job you did.
Everything worked fine, I can access all the normal conversations with the dragndrop but I cannot access the deleted messages, as some other people are also in the same situation.
For it's really a very important matter, I have some details that cannot be lost on these deleted conversation. Please can you help me with that?

regarding deleted messages, everything I said in the posting on the previous page still is the latest status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

Whatsapp Xtract can only extract what is inside the database file. You can use a tool like SQLite Database Browser (see the posting above) to look inside the database file whether there is some content that Whatsapp Xtract doesn't display, but I'm quite sure there isn't.
At least for the Android version of Whatsapp I have tested it, if you delete a chat, then it is deleted on the whole, including all the messages.
So the only way to restore it would be to use an older backup from the SD card folder /WhatsApp/Databases

30th June 2012, 09:54 PM |#216  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darKpoiSonend

Would it also be possible to merge old and new backup and import them afterwards?

Where would you want to import it afterwards?
4th July 2012, 11:22 PM |#217  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I am getting this response:

Quote:

C:\WhatsApp>python "C:\WhatsApp\whatsapp_xtract.py" C:\WhatsApp\msgstore.db.cryp
t
Python Version 2.x
Android mode!

trying to repair android database...
trying to decrypt android database...
decrypted database written to C:\WhatsApp\msgstore.plain.db
trying to repair decrypted android database...
Could not open database file. Guess it's not a valid Android or Iphone database
file.
Press any key to continue . . .

Is there a step I've done incorrectly?
Help would be very appreciated!
6th July 2012, 10:42 PM |#218  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NillyD

I am getting this response:

Quote:

trying to repair android database...
trying to decrypt android database...
decrypted database written to C:\WhatsApp\msgstore.plain.db
trying to repair decrypted android database...
Could not open database file. Guess it's not a valid Android or Iphone database
file.
Press any key to continue . . .

Is there a step I've done incorrectly?
Help would be very appreciated!

maybe the files weren't copied correctly. Maybe you should try again to copy the files from the SD card, e.g. using a different way (maybe ejecting SD card and inserting it in an SD card reader instead of mounting the phone to the PC).

You may also try to open the msgstore.plain.db with some SQLite Editor or SQLite repair tool (please google that).
6th July 2012, 11:07 PM |#219  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Convert whatsapp to sms xml
Did anyone already wrote a script to Convert whatsapp to sms xml?

That'll be awesome. Just think how well SwiftKey can learn your testing :D
7th July 2012, 11:26 AM |#220  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Issue in "!install pyCrypto.bat"
Hi,

I tried to follow the steps to run the command "!install pyCrypto.bat" from the command prompt after running "whatsapp_xtract_console". But I am getting the following error message:

"C:\Users\Maria Thomas\Whatsapp>"C:\Python27\Scripts\pypm" install pycrypto
error: Failed to download <%s>. Reason: <urlopen error [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed>"

I am not sure how to proceed after this. I had copied the Python as mentioned for Windows(x86).

I am unable to post the url since I am a new user. I have attached the screenshot of my cmd window.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whatsapp.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1182530  
8th July 2012, 12:43 AM |#221  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaT

"C:\Users\Maria Thomas\Whatsapp>"C:\Python27\Scripts\pypm" install pycrypto
error: Failed to download <%s>. Reason: <urlopen error [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed>"

Looks like you have some firewall that blocks the internet access to the pycrypto install script command window. You should allow the internet access for it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes