FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2012, 10:43 AM |#361  
OP Senior Member

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by flakesnow

Hey, the new Smile's are:

I also need a package of the according .png image files...

13th November 2012, 02:19 PM |#362  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Works for me Android + iOS
15th November 2012, 02:41 PM |#363  
Flag Tucuman
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Code:
D:\NotBackedUp\Whatsapp>python "D:\NotBackedUp\Whatsapp\whatsapp_xtract.py" "D:\
NotBackedUp\Whatsapp\msgstore.db (4).crypt"
Python Version 2.x
Android mode!

trying to repair android database...
trying to decrypt android database...
decrypted database written to D:\NotBackedUp\Whatsapp\msgstore.db (4).crypt.plai
n.db
trying to repair decrypted android database...
Could not open database file. Guess it's not a valid Android or Iphone database
file.
Press any key to continue . . .
Hi. I get this error but I can´t follow the faq procedures because the unencrypted file isn´t saved after running the script. I want to repair the database as the instruction in the faq but I need the decrypted file. What can I do?

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED
16th November 2012, 08:37 AM |#364  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question Still "Not Authorized"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodemire

Hi guys,

I lost my phone data when my phone (HTC Desire Z) died on me. There'd some Whatsapp data that i had backed up, and i can access it using the Whatsapp Xtract. However, i cant access my pictures that i sent and received. I can see the pictures but when i try to open the full image for me to resave it, i get the error "Not Authorized" in my browser.
Is there a way i can acces the multimedia data?

Hi guys,

I'm still having the same problem: When I click on the "THUMBNAIL" to collect the image from the Whatsapp server I also get the "Not Authorized" error displayed.
Also the links look different to what they used to look like... Maybe a decryption error?

They used to look like this: https://mms603.whatsapp.net/d7/14/07/1/b/1b14d337abc8e153c98854633f59d3fc.jpg (This link is older than 3 weeks, so yea I know it won't work now!)

All the new links look like this: https://mms816.whatsapp.net/d/Akw8aJSEkebYJf0fP0t7NSJxxq1zi8vHygXkpLXZrl5_.jpg (this one is from yesterday, so it should work.)
Clicking on it, or following it gets me to the "Not Authorized" error...

Same with videos: https://mms918.whatsapp.net/d/RFSbe17g6Zq3bmlAZtWhtCU5nDE/Am60VfGdkGL_c2JygPzSj7cj_oldZY5buF4AiQ36mphE.3gp
Saying the "Media object not found", looks like the same problem though...

This effect is with every media I send, and with most of the media I receive from others. Weird thing is, the thumbnails all display fine...

Could I please get some help here?

Thank you very much!
16th November 2012, 02:11 PM |#365  

More
Hi
I am getting ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher

I have already reinstalled !install pyCrypto.bat (run as admin) several times but no success, though I get a screen with following text:

Code:
C:\Whatsapp>rem If you want to decrypt android whatsapp msgtore.db.crypt files,
then you need to run this (after installing ActivePython). If you get errors the
n try to do this: rightclick on this !install pyCrypto.bat and choose "run as ad
ministrator"!

C:\Whatsapp>"C:\Program Files\Python27\Scripts\pypm" install pycrypto
Expanding "%APPDATA%\Python\Scripts" in user's %PATH%; please launch a new Comma
nd Window
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have installed 32bit ActivePython as indicated in the tutorial.
16th November 2012, 02:35 PM |#366  
OP Senior Member

More
Info 2 Installation of pyCrypto
Quote:
Originally Posted by andcha

Hi
I am getting ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher

I have already reinstalled !install pyCrypto.bat (run as admin) several times but no success, though I get a screen with following text:

Code:
C:\Whatsapp>rem If you want to decrypt android whatsapp msgtore.db.crypt files,
then you need to run this (after installing ActivePython). If you get errors the
n try to do this: rightclick on this !install pyCrypto.bat and choose "run as ad
ministrator"!

C:\Whatsapp>"C:\Program Files\Python27\Scripts\pypm" install pycrypto
Expanding "%APPDATA%\Python\Scripts" in user's %PATH%; please launch a new Comma
nd Window
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have installed 32bit ActivePython as indicated in the tutorial.

Which version of Windows, ActivePython and Whatsapp Xtract did you use?

I can't really help you with ActivePython and pycrypto install issues. Please use google search and ActivePython support by yourself. The first option might be to try if you can use the provided shortcut in the windows Start Menu:
Start - ActiveState ActivePython 2.7 (32-bit) - Python Package Manager (PyPM)
and then in the opened window, type: pypm install pycrypto
16th November 2012, 02:36 PM |#367  
OP Senior Member

More
Info 2 Online links to media files don't work anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed86

All the new links look like this: https://mms816.whatsapp.net/d/Akw8aJ...XkpLXZrl5_.jpg (this one is from yesterday, so it should work.)
Clicking on it, or following it gets me to the "Not Authorized" error...

Same with videos: https://mms918.whatsapp.net/d/RFSbe1...4AiQ36mphE.3gp
Saying the "Media object not found", looks like the same problem though...

Whatsapp changed the security somehow, now it's not possible anymore to access these media files online without authentication. Anyway the online media link was just a nice addition, not a main feature. Since it wasn't accessible after some ~3 weeks, I never relayed too much on it.

Now you have to keep with your local, offline media files. Copy them in the right directory before running the script, and you can use the offline links. Maybe now I change the script, omitting the online links completely and only linking the offline files.

Quote:

Weird thing is, the thumbnails all display fine...

This isn't weird. The thumbnails are included in your local whatsapp database file, they can't be "Not Authorized".
16th November 2012, 02:42 PM |#368  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

I can't really help you with ActivePython and pycrypto install issues. Please use google search and ActivePython support by yourself. The first option might be to try if you can use the provided shortcut in the windows Start Menu:

Windows 7 32 Bit
ActivePython-2.7.2.5-win32-x86.msi
Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.1_2012-05-16.zip

Also, I have deluge client installed on my PC. There is a file "pycrypto.pyc" in C:\Program Files\Deluge\beaker-1.4.2-py2.6.egg\beaker\crypto. Does this have anything to do with it.
16th November 2012, 02:46 PM |#369  

More
Question
Quote:

Whatsapp changed the security somehow, now it's not possible anymore to access these media files online without authentication. Anyway the online media link was just a nice addition, not a main feature. Since it wasn't accessible after some ~3 weeks, I never relayed too much on it.

Now you have to keep with your local, offline media files. Copy them in the right directory before running the script, and you can use the offline links. Maybe now I change the script, omitting the online links completely and only linking the offline files.

This isn't weird. The thumbnails are included in your local whatsapp database file, they can't be "Not Authorized".

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.
Are you sure there is no possible way? I mean you are the genius who already made this program possible
Maybe you could figure it out?

Greetz
16th November 2012, 03:44 PM |#370  

More
Quote:

Fixed it. Worked on your reply and took google's help.
I am guessing ActivePython didn't get pycrypto so maybe !install pyCrypto.bat was unable to install pycrypto.
So I downloaded pycrypto prebuilt windows installer from www voidspace org uk python modules.shtml#pycrypto and installed it in the python27 directory and it worked.

Hope this helps others like me.

Many thanks for such a great tool.
17th November 2012, 09:54 AM |#371  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.
Are you sure there is no possible way? I mean you are the genius who already made this program possible
Maybe you could figure it out?

Greetz

No, this isn't my focus.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)