FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 286

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2012, 09:54 AM |#371  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed86

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.
Are you sure there is no possible way? I mean you are the genius who already made this program possible
Maybe you could figure it out?

Greetz

No, this isn't my focus.

17th November 2012, 10:02 AM |#372  
OP Senior Member

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by andcha

Fixed it. Worked on your reply and took google's help.
I am guessing ActivePython didn't get pycrypto so maybe !install pyCrypto.bat was unable to install pycrypto.
So I downloaded pycrypto prebuilt windows installer from www voidspace org uk python modules.shtml#pycrypto and installed it in the python27 directory and it worked.

Hope this helps others like me.

Many thanks for such a great tool.

Thank you, andcha, I included your suggestion in the tutorial on the first page.
17th November 2012, 10:04 AM |#373  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duendetuc

Hi. I get this error but I can´t follow the faq procedures because the unencrypted file isn´t saved after running the script. I want to repair the database as the instruction in the faq but I need the decrypted file. What can I do?

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

In the new version, Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.2_2012-11-17.zip, the decoded file won't be deleted anymore.
How did you solve the problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to ztedd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ztedd Ad-Free
17th November 2012, 10:07 AM |#374  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banman008

i m facing this problem when i am draging database on drag and drop option can any one tell me how to solve this prolem this is android database

Quote:

Error ... in b64encode ...
TypeError: expected bytes, not str

In the new version, Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.2_2012-11-17.zip, I included an hotfix for this problem. It shouldn't occur again.
17th November 2012, 10:11 AM |#375  
OP Senior Member

More
Smile New version released - new emoji smileys supported
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

Thanks for your hints regarding the new smileys.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to update it yet.

If you want to donate to me, please buy a ukash or paysafecard code and send it to me via private message.

Finally I was able to update Whatsapp Xtract, now the new emoji smileys are included. New download: Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.2_2012-11-17.zip - see download links on the first page.

Thanks for all your suggestions regarding the new smileys and especially thanks to aced84 and jouce for your donations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ztedd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ztedd Ad-Free
18th November 2012, 02:25 PM |#376  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Windows phone
Hey, any plans to include windows phone compatability ? Desperate to backup some old conversations.
19th November 2012, 11:11 AM |#377  
OP Senior Member

More
Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastie_carrion

Hey, any plans to include windows phone compatability ? Desperate to backup some old conversations.

No plans yet. I included it in the Feature Requests.
First step would be that you create a sample database file, copy it from your Windows Phone device (I guess http://wp7roottools.com/ should help you with this) and send it to me. Here you can send ma a private message and we can exchange mail addresses: ztedd.
19th November 2012, 02:18 PM |#378  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Thumbs up New Tool
Hi,

I have develop a new tool, which do the same but extremely easy to use.
You dont need to install anything, just execute 1 file (whatsapp.exe) and the database is decrypted, and also converted to .CSV which could be opened just by double click on it.

It is very easy to use, as you just put the encypted file, execute the whatsapp.exe and thats all.
Forget to install python, and any complex configuration. Just 1 file.

Advice me if you want to test it. I wil upload a video on youtube soon.

droopy
The Following User Says Thank You to droopyar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droopyar Ad-Free
20th November 2012, 09:34 AM |#379  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

Finally I was able to update Whatsapp Xtract, now the new emoji smileys are included. New download: Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.2_2012-11-17.zip - see download links on the first page.

Thanks for all your suggestions regarding the new smileys and especially thanks to aced84 and jouce for your donations.

No problem at all, Ztedd, and thanks for working day in day out to update it to the latest version, and you're welcome
20th November 2012, 05:07 PM |#380  

More
Hello,
works well, but i have a question:
What means msg Status 4 or 5?

Thanks
21st November 2012, 12:56 PM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopyar

Hi,

I have develop a new tool, which do the same but extremely easy to use.
You dont need to install anything, just execute 1 file (whatsapp.exe) and the database is decrypted, and also converted to .CSV which could be opened just by double click on it.

It is very easy to use, as you just put the encypted file, execute the whatsapp.exe and thats all.
Forget to install python, and any complex configuration. Just 1 file.

Advice me if you want to test it. I wil upload a video on youtube soon.

droopy

Is there any possibility to to do it this for Blackberry?
Or is this only working for Iphone and Android?

I loved to test it for you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)