FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2012, 04:49 PM |#81  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayn

Hallo ztedd,

es tut mir wirklich leid:

du bist ein guter Stresstest für den Code
Ich sehe wo's hakt.
Werde es heut abend fixen.

30th April 2012, 08:10 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Support for blackberry messageStore.db
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

Can you tell me how you got the messagestore.db file?

I got it from the microSD card, so I guess as you mentioned in another post that it's encrypted.

I also noticed that you mentioned to connect the blackberry to the PC and then "mount" the SD, however I don't know how to do this.

I'm not sure the process of handling the database works the same in BB as it does on Android, so I don't know how to get the file without the strong blackberry encryption. Any ideas?

Quote:

Please download and install SQLite Database Browser
Open your messagestore.db file with it - does it work? What do you see?

I downloaded and ran SQLite DB but am unable to open the messageStore.db file. It states that the "File is not a SQlite 3 database" - I'm guessing this is because it's encrypted.

Quote:

Google gave me these links...

You may download and try that python script (bbwhatsapp.py) with your messagestore.db database file. Please tell me if it works.

I had already found these two options in google as well and tried them but they are not working. I guess it's all because that messageStore.db file is encrypted.

Quote:

Theoretically, if this all works (and the messagestore.db file is not encrypted using the strong Blackberry encryption).....
You may also create a new blackberry sample database by reinstalling the blackberry database.....

What we need to figure out is how to get that damn messageStore.db file when it's unencrypted and that's the problem that I don't know how to do this.

Please if you have any ideas let me know as it would be a great addition to this wonderful program you created.
1st May 2012, 09:12 AM |#83  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Hallo ztedd,
es tut mir wirklich leid:
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'split'

Quote:

du bist ein guter Stresstest für den Code
Ich sehe wo's hakt.
Werde es heut abend fixen.

So, hab es gefixt. Mal sehen was jetzt als nächstes kommt :P
1st May 2012, 10:43 AM |#84  
Flag Hechtel-Eksel
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The good news is, there has been generated a html-file now .
The bad news:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	4533
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	1034350  
1st May 2012, 07:04 PM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great, works
1 Download whatsaap Xtract, and unzip to a folder. I have put it on the desktop for quick reference.

2 From my smartphone copy the file (msgstore.db.crypt) in the folder where you unzipped whatsaap Xtract

3 Download and Install Active Python

4 º Run install pyCrypto.bat (Contained in the tool archive) wait till pycrypto module is installed.

Alternatively: go to windows start menu, Then folder "ActiveState ActivePython" Then run "Python Package Manager (PyPM)"

5 In the Opened DOS window, type: install pypm pycrypto

6 Python and PyCrypto should be installed. After this you can use the tool.

7 th Run whatsapp_xtract_crypted.bat

8 th Great. It works perfect.

I hope that following these steps everyone works for you.

I have worked with Python 2.7 (32 bit) and version 2.0 of Xtract whatsaap

Steps 3, 4, 5 and 6, I copied the post written by ztedd 54. Thank you.

Para los que no hablan inglés pero sí español...

1º Descargo whatsaap xtract, y lo descomprimo en una carpeta. Yo la he puesto en el escritorio para tenerla a mano.

2º Desde mi smartphone copio el archivo msgstore.db.crypt en la carpeta donde se ha descomprimido whatsaap xtract

3º Descargo e instalo Active Python

4º Ejecuto pyCrypto.bat (contenido en el directorio tool), después de un momento PyCrypto module is installed.

Alternativa: Una vez instalado Python, en la ventana del menú de inicio, escribir "Python Package Manager (PyPM)"

5º En la ventana que se abra de DOS, escribir: pypm install pycrypto

6º Ahora Python and PyCrypto están instalados. Después de esto, tu puedes utilizar whatsaap Xtract.

7º Ejecutar whatsapp_xtract_crypted.bat (pinchar 2 veces)

8º Fantástico. Funciona perfecto.

Espero que siguiendo estos pasos a todo el mundo le funcione.

Yo he trabajado con Python 2.7 (32 bits) y la version 2.0 de whatsaap xtract

Los pasos 3, 4, 5 y 6, los he copiado del post 54 escrito por ztedd. Gracias.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

1 Downloade Whatsapp Xtract (siehe Startbeitrag) und entpacke es in einen Ordner. Ich habe es auf den Desktop gelegt für schnellen Zugriff.

2 Von der SD Karte des Android Handys kopiere die Datei msgstore.db.crypt (im Ordner WhatsApp/Databases) in den Ordner wo du Whatsapp Xtract entpackt hast.

3 Downloade und Installiere Active Python (Link siehe Startbeitrag)

4 Führe die install pyCrypto.bat aus (enthalten im Whatsapp Xtract Archiv), warte bis das pycrypto module installiert ist.

5 (Alternativ zu 4: Öffne das Startmenü, dann "ActiveState ActivePython", dann starte "Python Package Manager (PyPM)", im geöffneten DOS fenster, gib ein: install pypm pycrypto )

6 Python und PyCrypto sollten installiert sein. Danach kannst du das Tool Whatsapp Xtract benutzen.

7 Starte die whatsapp_xtract_crypted.bat

8 Super, es geht perfekt.

Ich habe mit Python 2.7 (32 bit) und Version 2.0 von Xtract whatsaap gearbeitet

Die Schritte 3, 4, 5 und 6, kopierte ich die Post durch ztedd 54 geschrieben. Danke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oscargpes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oscargpes Ad-Free
1st May 2012, 08:24 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I need support to recover whatsaap talks a Nokia phone with Symbian
I do not know if they can recover, but if so, I wonder where are the files on your phone, and how I can copy them.

And once you have the necessary files, if I can open database with Whatsaap Xtract.

Thank you very much
1st May 2012, 10:07 PM |#87  
OP Senior Member

More
Question @Mayn
Quote:

The good news is, there has been generated a html-file now .
The bad news:
[a bunch of errors while reading message or media message]

Yes, that is what I expected. Your db file seems to be somehow of a different format than the script expects. What does the output html look like?

Which version of Whatsapp on Iphone do you use that created the database?

In order to help you further, I need screenshots of the output html and the input database. Please use SQLite Database Browser ( http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ ) to generate screenshots of the database structure, especially of the tables ZWACHATSESSION, ZWASTATUS, ZWAMESSAGE and ZWAMEDIAITEM.

You may blacken parts of private data and you can send to me by PM if you prefer.
1st May 2012, 10:51 PM |#88  

More
Unhappy Error
Hola, he leido lo que ha puesto Oscargpes en español, he seguido todos los pasos, pero cuando llego al paso 7 donde hay que ejecutar el .bat me sale lo siguiente en el MS DOS:

Hello, I read what has Oscargpes in Spanish, I followed all the steps, but when I get to step 7 where you have to run the. Bat I get the following at the MS DOS:

C:\Users\Jose\Desktop\Nueva carpeta (2)>whatsapp_xtract.py -i msgstore.db.crypt

El sistema no puede ejecutar el programa especificado

The system can not execute the specified program

C:\Users\Jose\Desktop\Nueva carpeta (2)>pause
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

Press any key to continue. . .

So... What's the problem ???
1st May 2012, 11:04 PM |#89  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Josito_

C:\Users\Jose\Desktop\Nueva carpeta (2)>whatsapp_xtract.py -i msgstore.db.crypt

The system can not execute the specified program

So... What's the problem ???

Did you install ActivePython correctly? You need to check all the install options like shown in this screenshot:

Maybe you need to install it with administrator rights. Also you may need to restart windows for that the .py extension is correctly connected to Python.

Alternatively try this:
start whatsapp_xtract_console.bat
then type:
python whatsapp_xtract.py -i msgstore.db.crypt

If python is installed, this really should work. If not, you have to figure out how to install ActivePython correctly...
The Following User Says Thank You to ztedd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ztedd Ad-Free
1st May 2012, 11:54 PM |#90  

More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:

Did you install ActivePython correctly? You need to check all the install options like shown in this screenshot:

Maybe you need to install it with administrator rights. Also you may need to restart windows for that the .py extension is correctly connected to Python.

Alternatively try this:
start whatsapp_xtract_console.bat
then type:
python whatsapp_xtract.py -i msgstore.db.crypt

If python is installed, this really should work. If not, you have to figure out how to install ActivePython correctly...

I tried typing "python-i whatsapp_xtract.py msgstore.db.crypt" and it worked! : D Thank youuu!! . But missing a lot of conversations that had been deleted in the whatsapp, for example, I talk a lot with a friend of December 25, 2011 but the conversation does not appear.
Note: the backup is from January 5, 2012
2nd May 2012, 12:17 AM |#91  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Josito_

I tried typing "python-i whatsapp_xtract.py msgstore.db.crypt" and it worked! : D Thank youuu!! . But missing a lot of conversations that had been deleted in the whatsapp, for example, I talk a lot with a friend of December 25, 2011 but the conversation does not appear.
Note: the backup is from January 5, 2012

Whatsapp Xtract can only extract those messages that are inside the backup. I guess they aren't included in the db file. You can use SQLite Database Browser ( http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ ) to check if you find the messages you are looking for.

Are you missing a whole chat (with a certain friend) or are you just missing some (older) messages inside that chat? As to say, are the newer messages with that friend included?

Are the messages also missing in the Whatsapp app? Maybe they have been deleted somehow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)