Step 1: Unlock
- Go on http://www.htcdev.com and create yourself an account on HTCDEV.
- Download These Fastboot Files
- Make a new folder on your C:/ drive called fastboot.
- Extract The Zip downloaded in step 2 to the new folder
- Go Here http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ and select "All Other Supported Models" and "then begin unlock bootloader"
- Yes, Tick both Boxes, Proceed
- Skip up to step 8 as we have all we need for the first 7 steps
- Power off your phone by holding the power button down for 10 seconds
- Power your phone on by holding power and volume down
- Highlight Fastboot With Volume+or- then press Power
- Plug your phone into your PC and open a Command Prompt.
- (windows XP - Click Start > Run > type CMD in box then press OK
- (Windows 7 - Click Start > type CMD in search box then press Enter)
- Change directory to your folder where we put fastboot files cd c:\fastboot
- Type this into your command prompt window fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Select & copy the text as per step 9 on the HTCDev website
- Paste your identifier token into the box at the bottom and submit
- You Will Very Shortly Receive an email from HTCDev with a link to the second part of the instructions and your "Unlock_code.bin" attached
- Download the "Unlock_code.bin" from the email and save it to the same folder that we extracted fastboot files to in step 2
- Type this into your command prompt window fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- The Display Will change on your phone, press Vol + to accept and power to confirm.
Thanks to bagofcrap24 for this part!
Step 2: Recovery
- Download the Android SDK
- Download the Interim CWM Touch Recovery of Paul or Official CWM of koush (HTC One S)
(Thanks Paul/koush for the Recovery!)
- Place the CWM File where the fastboot.exe is (Downloaded with the SDK)
- Now open the cmd and navigate to the folder where the CWM File is located
- Now type:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_the_recovery.img
fastboot flash recovery r2-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img
Step 3: Root
Make sure you are on the stock kernel!
- Now root your phone with SuperSU by Chainfire, thanks a lot!
- Download SuperSU from the end of the thread
- Flash it with the Recovery:
- Power off your device and then hold the VOL DOWN + Power to boot into the Bootloader
- Navigate with VOL and Power to Recovery
- Now flash the .zip:
- install zip from sdcard
- choose zip from sdcard
- select the CWN-SuperSU-v0.87.zip file and flash it
- Reboot now
Now you are able to flash any Custom ROM.
Paul for the Recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1579584
Chainfire for SuperSU: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053
Video-Tutorial by Flow-Wolf (thanks buddy):
Custom ROM Installation:
If this helped you, make sure to thank me and to donate to Paul, Chainfire, koush or/and Flow Wolf!