FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

samsung aviator question

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By GGerk, Senior Member on 6th April 2012, 01:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I know this is the samsung charge, but will any of these roms work on the samsung aviator? I have not found any forums for the aviator.
Thanks

6th April 2012, 03:51 PM |#2  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGerk

I know this is the samsung charge, but will any of these roms work on the samsung aviator? I have not found any forums for the aviator.
Thanks

They will probably have to be ported because us cellular probably uses different frequencies on CDMA/LTE

Sent from my handheld Linux computer using electromagnetic radiation.
6th April 2012, 05:06 PM |#3  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,095

More
Out of curiosity, What build version are you showing in About Phone?
6th April 2012, 05:13 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sch-r930.fc01
6th April 2012, 05:35 PM |#5  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,095

More
That's a different build ID than we have. It's almost certain that new roms would have to be made for the phone.

OTOH, the CWM build we have might work for you, and if so, you would at least be able to get root. I would not be confident enough to tell you that our CWM build will definitely work, though I can't image there would be enough differences to break that.
The Following User Says Thank You to shrike1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shrike1978 Ad-Free
6th April 2012, 09:55 PM |#6  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike1978

That's a different build ID than we have. It's almost certain that new roms would have to be made for the phone.

OTOH, the CWM build we have might work for you, and if so, you would at least be able to get root. I would not be confident enough to tell you that our CWM build will definitely work, though I can't image there would be enough differences to break that.

FYI: The cwm way to root will not work. After flashing all you get is a samsung screen with a lot of lines on it. (Had to take it back to the store for a reflashing).
9th April 2012, 11:13 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,188

Donate to Me
More
It would need some changes made, but the differences may be about as much as was required to get Fascinate ROMs ported to the Mez/Showcase. Without comparing the two, it's hard to tell how different they are. Also need source to be released for the kernel to see what is different between the two devices as far as hardware is concerned.
13th April 2012, 03:51 AM |#8  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Aviator user here also... I been trying to just root it for 2 days now and every way I have tried has failed. Have not bricked it yet which has been good. Just that nothing has worked. Any suggestions?
13th April 2012, 06:37 AM |#9  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIthe3rd

Aviator user here also... I been trying to just root it for 2 days now and every way I have tried has failed. Have not bricked it yet which has been good. Just that nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

So far no way has been found.
14th April 2012, 04:55 PM |#10  
Flag SE Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 8

More
My dad just picked up this phone as well. Apparently only 3days of free-tether to use. Even using such items as pdanet etc.

Hopefully a way will be found soon.
14th April 2012, 05:09 PM |#11  
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,895

Donate to Me
More
Try foxfi for free tethering. Ours supposed to work on un rooted
Phones

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)