[GUIDE] How to unbrick Acer Iconia A500

597 posts
Thanks Meter: 159

By TravisAntonio, Senior Member on 6th April 2012, 08:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

I just got from a friend an Acer Iconia a500 he says that is bricked.

I tried this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572622

But I can't continue because I don't have ADB access, what should I do?.

Thanks for all and God bless you.

EDIT:

I got everything to using the secret APX mode, but now is still everything the same the Android System is still there and not charging and not touchscreen...

Go to the bottom to see how I solved this lol...

If your tablet Iconia 500 (ONLY ACER ICONIA A500) went crazy, and present the next symptoms (Yes it has flu...):

-flu
-Android System icon
-Doesn't want to charge (20% / 15% 12%).
-TouchScreen is not responsive.
-Always when you turn it on says Shutting down and never shuts down.
-In case you're using ICS shuts down immediately without even make you see.

The solution is the next!:

1. Download this file: http://www.4shared.com/archive/zyP91...ot-321-V4.html (This is the file to put recovery in case that you don't have it).

2. Extract all the files in any folder, it doesn't matter where you put it.

3. Go to Image Folder and rename the recovery to: anyname.img.

4. Download any of the lastest recoveries for Acer Iconia a500 (it will work believe me lol).

5. Put the recovery in the Image folder (Ex. Iconia/root-3.2.1/Image/) and rename it to recovery.img

6. Now open with Administrator Rights DotNetDetecter.exe

7. Continue, continue and continue.

8. If you have ADB Active just put it and it will install it. (If you don't have it just go to 8.1)

8.1 Shut down the tablet completly, connect your USB Cable *micro* (Tablet-Computer), take a paper clip and put it on reset without release it then press the power button and count until 4 or u4ntil you hear the sound when you plug something into Windows

8.2 Now your tablet is in APX Mode and the Acer Utility should now work.

9. Put your UID with a 0 in front of all the numbers (if you don't have it go to secret step).

10. Now let everything work. After everything is done you should have recovery now.

11. Press down volume and the tablet will take you to the recovery.

12. Download some ROM 3.2 or ICS 4.0.3, install it via recovery.

13. Download this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?9svnvdk982sxrw4

14. Install the version you have choosen via Recovery.

15. Voila! Your tablet is revived right now

Press thanks button if this helped you =D

SECRET STEP TO GET UID (IS NOT SECRET THOUGH... lol)

Just go to USB tools and use USBdeview, and is done... :P (Remember to stay in APX Mode)

CREDITS:

-Fguy on www.4pda.ru (EC_FLASH FILES)
-timmyDean on XDA (Root-3.2.1-V4 FILES)
-Moscow Desire (XDA Member, if it wasn't for him it couldn't get to see the light)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to TravisAntonio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TravisAntonio Ad-Free
8th April 2012, 02:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for the great guide but could you point me in the right direction for the lastest recoveries for Acer Iconia a500 as the links i find dont work

thanks in advance

matthew
8th April 2012, 03:40 PM |#3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,971

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfaderway

thanks for the great guide but could you point me in the right direction for the lastest recoveries for Acer Iconia a500 as the links i find dont work

thanks in advance

matthew

Acer Recovery from the Market should have the most recent RA Recovery, and the original GPL compliant CWM recovery.

Or if you already have the original CWM, you can get the most recent RA Recovery here. Just check the threads for the flash files.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459821

For CWM you will need to go to tegraowners.
8th April 2012, 04:52 PM |#4  
Flag tehran
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Dear Sir
I have same problem with my tablet too for 4 months and I explained that HERE or HERE

and i followed all instruction in these 2 threads

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572622

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post24531880

and I used from ECrom files created by Mr. Fguy ver 4.03-22 and 3.2.1 but my problem is Lasting yet

can you help me?
you had same problem and you know how bad is a bricked tablet in your hands

thank you and GOD bless all of you

[email protected]
[email protected]
8th April 2012, 06:06 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 159

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darvis

Dear Sir
I have same problem with my tablet too for 4 months and I explained that HERE or HERE

and i followed all instruction in these 2 threads

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572622

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post24531880

and I used from ECrom files created by Mr. Fguy ver 4.03-22 and 3.2.1 but my problem is Lasting yet

can you help me?
you had same problem and you know how bad is a bricked tablet in your hands

thank you and GOD bless all of you

[email protected]
[email protected]

I don't have the tablet anymore, it was a friend one, I can help you with your big problem because really it was easier than I thought, you can PM me with all the details, and yes the flu is a big problem... =P
The Following User Says Thank You to TravisAntonio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TravisAntonio Ad-Free
9th May 2012, 07:45 AM |#6  

More
Problems with opening up settings to turn on usb debugging
Hi Travisantonio,

I have a question:

Did you have any problems opening up the settings when you were on the black "android system" screen?

My touch screen is completely unresponsive at the moment.
11th May 2012, 01:07 AM |#7  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Maybe I didnt read or understand everything but with my tab USB view didnt give me my ID or it wouldnt work. Got into ADX mode but couldnt get things working. Tried ADB to list devices and would never list anything. I heard my computer beep when I would hook it up but couldnt really do or complete anything. I couldnt get the DOTNETDETECTOR (PBJUPRADE_ to work. Tried A500 APX flash utitlity. Tired nvflash and falied. Guess I should list more information but at this point I tried so many things to recover dont remember the order I did things. I originally tried to upgrade to a Rom but all things failed and actually not sure what ever got completed. Only thing I could tell my tab did besides black screen was the power button either was white(some type of one) or orange.
13th May 2012, 07:00 AM |#8  

More
This helped me to recover my bricked Acer 500 tablet after a failed ICS upgrade. The Acer update seemed to go okay, but on reboot it froze at the Acer logo and had an error in the corner. Every reboot or button/reset resulted in this. It would not recover or do anything else. I was able to get the USB device ID /serial number using the USB deview 64 program in the usb folder. There were several entries for the tablet but only one had a usable number (bottom right line at the end). Then the tool wiped the tablet and reloaded 3.2.1 and booted to factory new. Thanks for the instructions and to all the other XDA-ers for the tools. I am now on ICS properly.
25th May 2012, 10:21 PM |#9  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Trying to recover a bricked acer a500, I just have a black screen on boot with no boot logo, vibration or letters or words on the screen
trying to enter recovery/update mode doesnt work

Im up to the step where is says put in your UID into the program

Quote:

Just go to USB tools and use USBdeview, and is done... :P

I did this and found the device but where exactly is the UID located?

looking at other threads, the serial number is the UID however the serial number entry is blank for this device
26th May 2012, 02:48 AM |#10  
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey22688

Trying to recover a bricked acer a500, I just have a black screen on boot with no boot logo, vibration or letters or words on the screen
trying to enter recovery/update mode doesnt work

Im up to the step where is says put in your UID into the program

I did this and found the device but where exactly is the UID located?

looking at other threads, the serial number is the UID however the serial number entry is blank for this device

this method is total overkill for your situation....
how did u get yr tab like this???
if u have total black screen - is the power button lite on?????
what bootloader version are u on
have you had a custom recovery on there
to get your cpuid follow the first link to a guide in my signature - you need to follow steps in the guide if you have any probs then post in the guide thread
26th May 2012, 02:56 AM |#11  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
the previous owner said he tried to install a custom rom and I think it crashed and this is the result

the power light turns on (white)
if I just power it on, the backlight turns on however its just a black screen, nothing else happens

apx mode seems to be the only thing working right now, I thought this method would be my only chance to get the recovery mode working again
I dont know anything else about the tablet, bootloader ect...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)