FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(Solved) WiFi not working, Samsung Focus i917, after latest WP7 tools

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By santhoshr, Junior Member on 9th April 2012, 06:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just updated the WP7 tools alpha 0.9 version and installed Bazaar and it worked fine, my phone is dev & interop unlocked, now I'm not able to use my home WiFi, which was working fine earlier, I restarted modem multiple times, other device connect well, disabled Wireless Sync from Zune, restarted phone multiple times, WiFi does not detect my home network, internet sharing works so WiFi component should be working fine, any help appreciated

*update* fixed my issues
Followed the instructions from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...72&postcount=2 and mysteriously after sometime my WiFi started working!

when wifi ON, turn cellular data off or try this :
//fix data wifi 3g issue
Anyone with data issues try:

Diagnosis > *#32489# > Back > Back (to Phone Control) > [7] Network Control > [1] GFC > [3] Setting Cancellation

Wait for it to say success, then reboot. This fixed all my data connection issues after applying this patch.
The Following User Says Thank You to santhoshr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift santhoshr Ad-Free

9th April 2012, 01:31 PM |#2  
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshr

I just updated the WP7 tools alpha 0.9 version and installed Bazaar and it worked fine, my phone is dev & interop unlocked, now I'm not able to use my home WiFi, which was working fine earlier, I restarted modem multiple times, other device connect well, disabled Wireless Sync from Zune, restarted phone multiple times, WiFi does not detect my home network, internet sharing works so WiFi component should be working fine, any help appreciated

If you unlocked through WindowBreak, it's known to cause data issues. Have a look in the main thread for a fix or read here.
Alternately, you can ask in the main Wp7 Root Tools thread (or Heathcliff).
9th April 2012, 09:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the same issue, the only difference my WP7 Tools are v.0.8 not 0.9. Installed it some time ago, I'm not using Wifi too much so didnt noticed that, but cannot use my home wifi network anymore, actually cannot use ANY wifi network.

I'm however unsure if it's connected with WP7 tools or not. Any clues what to do now? Hard reset, reflash .... etc?

I can browse local wifi networks, connect to them, get new IP address with DHCP on router, but cannot browse the internet, or use the market. Can even see a wifi icon, so I'm connected without connectivity

I belive it all has started since the update of WP to 8107.79
10th April 2012, 03:54 PM |#4  

More
Flashed, formated and restarted my Focus many times today. Tried different roms and settings, but never managed to make wifi working again.

Is there someone who can help with that?
10th April 2012, 05:37 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra76

Flashed, formated and restarted my Focus many times today. Tried different roms and settings, but never managed to make wifi working again.

Is there someone who can help with that?

Looks like an issue tied to the current radio, which is the same in most ROMs at the moment (custom).
I suggest you try a stock ROM (AT&T or Rogers). If you already tried that, next step is a factory reset (see the Diagnosis codes thread or Focus wiki-my sig) and then warranty.
10th April 2012, 06:49 PM |#6  

More
As for factory reset, I tried the one in the about menu, then tried the one with hardware keys. Is there anything else which can reset it harder than those before? maybe via samsung diagnosis ?
11th April 2012, 10:24 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra76

As for factory reset, I tried the one in the about menu, then tried the one with hardware keys. Is there anything else which can reset it harder than those before? maybe via samsung diagnosis ?

You should take people's sig more seriously (or pay more attention to)

Exact quote from the Focus wiki:

Hard Reset: Samsung Focus will be returned to its original state with full data wipe.
Method 1: (PREFERRED) Dial ##634# from the phone pad press the call button when the diagnostic screen appears type *2767*3855# to preform a full restore.

GL
11th April 2012, 10:51 AM |#8  

More
I just wanted to remove my previous post but you already replied to it. Well I'm more smarter now

Anyway this is what I tried so far:

1. Flashed to stock rogers (also tried different Tango roms)
2. Did hard reset procedure via hardware keys (Format all Yes)
3. Did hard reset procedure via About menu
4. Did hard reset procedure via Samsung Diagnosis code sequence
5. Logged to my wifi network, everything looks fine at this point.
6. Opened IE and entered google.com:

"We're having trouble connecting to this webpage" (sometimes no error message but white page with scrolling bars appearing on touch)

7. Tried to access my wifi router via IP address (192.168.1.1) - the same results like above
8. Tried to ping my Samsung Fous IP (192.168.1.18) from my PC with success
9. Disabled wifi network security on home wifi router, the Focus still not working

When using my providers APN there is no problem with opening pages on IE etc., but it's not Wifi.... Internet is also working if I have USB cable plugged in, but again it's not wifi.

Cannot use warranty, the phone is from the USA and I'm in Europe... without any warranty service.

Is that all then? Throw this away? Maybe something else possible?

ps. I found someone else with very similar problem -> http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/th...ted-not.37089/ Nobody can help there too, wth
11th April 2012, 04:35 PM |#9  

More
No worries, mate, it's advice and you should never be offended by advice, as it's meant to help.

Wow, you really tried.
If you unlocked through WindowBreak then try the fix I posted above (post #2). If not... I hope someone else can help.
11th April 2012, 06:22 PM |#10  

More
I unlocked long time ago, pre-mango chevron7 etc... It (wifi) stopped to work all of sudden bout two weeks ago, maybe I can try that method, who knows....
11th April 2012, 08:15 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
*my issues got resolved following this instruction*

when wifi ON, turn cellular data off or try this :
//fix data wifi 3g issue
Anyone with data issues try:

Diagnosis > *#32489# > Back > Back (to Phone Control) > [7] Network Control > [1] GFC > [3] Setting Cancellation

Wait for it to say success, then reboot. This fixed all my data connection issues after applying this patch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)