This guide will help your replace the following parts on your HTC MyTouch 4G:
- HTC MyTouch 4G Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Replacement
- HTC MyTouch 4G LCD Screen Replacement
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Heat Gun / Hairdryer (optional)
HTC MyTouch 4G Screen Repair Guide:
- The first step is to remove the back battery cover, the battery, sim card, and memory card. Now remove the two torx 5 screws from the back housing and the small phillips screw located below the sim card holder. You can now use a safe pry tool to release the clips from the outside edges of the frame and remove it.
- The next step will be to remove the four torx 5 screws surrounding the outside of the back housing. Remove the bottom cover using a safe pry tool. Release the 3 button flex cables, gently use a flat head screwdriver or a safe pry tool. Use a safe pry tool to release the clips on the outside of the back housing. Remove the back housing (frame).
- Release the power button flex cable using a flat head screwdriver or similar. Use a safe pry tool to release the two pop connectors on the motherboard. Now you can release the vibrate motor and slowly ease the motherboard out, releasing the clips with a safe open pry tool. Be aware that there will still be one flex cable connected to the motherboard underneath it. Lift on the side of the alligator (jaw) clip to release the cable and carefully remove it. The motherboard is now out, and can be put back to the side.
- Using a heat gun or hair dryer, warm the adhesive under the front of the screen. Use a safe pry tool and lift the front touch screen digitizer and place it above the phone, careful as it is still held in by a flex cable. Heat the back of the LCD screen to loosen the adhesive. Remove the LCD screen from the front of the phone. Ease the touch screen flex cable through the frame. You are now able to replace either the LCD screen or the touch screen glass digitizer.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.