EDIT: @Dees_Troy has an official 2.7.x.x w/ SElinux support here:
Flash with the following adb commands:
adb shell su idme bootmode 4002 reboot # back in your PC shell fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-otter.img
Mirror 1: Download (Goo.im)
BEFORE FLASHING ANDROID 4.4: PERFORM A WIPE + ADVANCED->FORMAT SYSTEM TWRP.
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD A BUILD OF CM11.0:
DO NOT USE ART YET. BUGGY AND WILL PROBABLY NEED A DATA WIPE TO RECOVER FROM
GAPPS (Use Version "CM 11" row):
Older builds are found here:
GAPPS (For Android 4.3/CM10.2 builds):
- [05/15] More audio updates to fix low-power states (screen off / background music)
- [11/25] Released updated build for cm11.0
- [08/12] Kernel updated to 3.0.72 (on par w/ Google/common kernel)
- [07/30] Updated to CM10.2 build
- [05/26] Backlight driver update to help w/ SODs
- [05/24] Sensor updates (includes light sensor now usable in Android OS
- [05/24] Reverted 2 sound driver commits in the kernel to help w/ headset function -- testing needed.
- [05/14] New audio driver (WIP)
- [03/27] Reboot Recovery mode is now fixed
- [01/17] Updated SGX/PowerVR driver to latest binaries from omapzoom (still showing 1.9@2166536)
- [01/15] CM10.1 updates + reverted some USB changes in the kernel for sleep testing
- [01/07] Battery life / sleep improvements
- [01/06] Update to 3.0.50 kernel
- [01/06] Update wifi firmware to R5.SP3.06
- [12/16] Fixed Deep Sleep
- [12/15] Added multi-profile fix
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
- The headphone MIC input is not functioning correctly yet. Work in progress.
- [08/12] Mainline version updates to 3.0.72 updated to current with Google's kernel/common
- [01/06] WLAN Firmware R5.SP3.06
- [11/07] Updated to SGX/IMG DDK 1.9@2166536 for Android (via omapzoom)
- [11/07] WLAN Firmware R5.SP3.03
- [09/05] Updated to SGX/IMG DDK 1.9.RC2@2139099 for Android
- Based on TI kernel 4AI.1.7 (3.0.31 mainline) which supports 512M memory mapping needed by the Kindle Fire
- Uses ducati binary from TI based on rpmsg 188.8.131.52 (replaced Archos ducati binary from ICS 4.0.3)
- Kernel audio: Added a switch device "h2w" which allows the OS to recognize headset plug events and adjust audio capture routes accordingly. Translation: OS can recognize we have a MIC input via headset now. (NOTE: that audio recording is still not working at this time. Tho it is very close).
- MUCH better standby / sleep function. The device will go inactive for much longer periods of time (80-100 seconds) while still waking up appropriately for wifi events, power button triggers, etc. And this is still going to get even better when I re-implement DPLL cascading and the charger fixes coming later.
- Many bugfixes pulled down from TI's omapzoom sources.
RESERVED FOR NOTES
Official CyanogenMod 11.0 for Kindle Fire 1st Edition, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Last Updated 2014-05-21