DooMRecovery v05 released! changelog here
------[ UPDATE ]-------
Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!
(the video is a bit older one from my Xperia Play but gives u an idea how it will work on device)
[ info ]
firstly i want to thank all the users of this community who donated the device to me! thanks everyone!
so friends i present to u DooMRecovery! its based on CWM 5.0.2.x sources... i have done some additions which i feel makes the recovery a lot smarter... i am still working on the recovery and will be actively maintaining it, so there will be updates as and when i get things working/add new features...
Touch capabilities are added by my teammate (Team UtterChaos) Napstar....
For posting BUGS/issues related to my kernel post them in kernel thread:
For posting BUGS/issues related to my recovery post them in recovery thread:
For general discussion regarding my kernel/recovery OR if u want to request for new features, post them in discussion thread:
RECOVERY IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AS PART OF DooMKernel & Advanced Stock Kernel
THE RECOVERY IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS AND I AM WORKING TO IMPROVE IT!!!
THE RECOVERY IS COMPATIBLE WITH ROM MANAGER!
- Start the ROM Manager APP
- Click on Menu
- Select Manual Flash Override
- Click OK at the next prompt
- Confirm phone model as "LT26i"
- Confirm version as "ClockworkMod 3.x+"
- Click OK at the next prompt
thats it ROM Manager is now configured to use this recovery
[ disabled for this device ]
- Advanced Menu -> Partition SDcard
[ credits / special thanks ]
- Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
- Napstar - for doing most of the work on Touch capabilities for CWM recovery (not fully implemented it)
- Frosty666 for the Vibration triggers
- FreeXperia Team (Bin4ry & jerpelea) - for tooo many things!!
[ features ]
- added a new menu "More Options"
- AROMA File Manager is NOW directly accessible via this new menu
- current ROM details can be retrieved via this new menu
- fixed some internal sdcard (/emmc) related bugs
- fixed advanced backup option
- fixed this bug
- fixed display of "build timestamp" and battery level
- some more changes in font color to make it more readable
- replaced background with my old favorite (thanks to Soheil)
- implemented detection of internal sdcard as /emmc (if required)
- slight changes in font color to make it more readable
- now features larger XHDPI fonts (thanks to koush)
- replaced the bottom "on-screen navigation buttons" with bigger buttons
- fixed SDCARD mounting to PC as mass-storage
- now recovery can backup/restore kernels and users can flash kernels (kernel.elf)
- FULL TOUCH interface
- swipe gesture support!!! - the hotspot for this is across full screen
- swipe left to GO BACK/ Scroll UP
- swipe right to Scroll Down
- Honeycomb themed
- haptic feedback
- incase the recovery "hangs" or incase some unwanted event starts u can press the POWER button to restart the recovery (the device wont reboot, only recovery will restart)
- shows current time (time when the recovery was entered/started)
- shows the current battery percentage (CURRENTLY BUGGY)
- uses new Roboto FONT (from latest CWM repo)
- new "select update.zip menu": it will give u a new option - "show file details" - which will display the size (in bytes) and the MD5SUM of the selected file
- when any update.zip is selected its complete file name will now be displayed (right at the top) and full path to that file will be printed before flashing begins
- added prompt to display the "backup folder name" when user starts restoring a backup
- added a warning and option to abort backup if space on sdcard is < 150 MB
- removed Wipe cache partition from main menu (u can format /cache from "Mounts & Storage" menu)
- removed those tons of "No"s
- add confirmation to "backup" option in Nandroid menu... it used to keep getting pressed by mistake and start making backups immediately... now it will ask u before starting backup
- replaced "reboot system now" with new menu "reboot options"... now with this new menu u can:
- reboot sytem
- reboot into recovery
- reboot into fastboot mode
- Power Off
- added "advanced backup" menu (based on amit.bagaria implementations for his CF-Root kernel for SGS-SL)
- now u can selectively choose which partitions to backup
- its like a toggle
- once u have finished choosing which partitions u want just click on "perform backup" and only those partitions will be backed up!!!
- revamped layout for recovery menu (to improve navigation) [renamed few options and changed their order]
- changed "wipe data/factory reset" option to just "factory reset", and detailed the partitions which will be wiped
- changed text of most menus to fit the new honeycomb inspired design
- the Nandroid backups & restore now show/displays which files were used to restore/what the backup is called (folder name)
[ known bugs ]
- all backups are done get time stamp of year 1970 dont know why this happens but i am trying to sort it out some how
- the recovery sometimes hangs - just press power button it will restart recovery without rebooting device
- there are some graphics glitches
- backups created with v01 recovery might give errors while restoring using v02 recovery... work around is posted here
if you encounter any other bugs/issues DO LET ME KNOW ASAP by posting them in THIS THREAD
[ requirements ]
- UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
- fastboot binaries
[ how to install? ]
The recovery in integrated into the kernel! so when u flash the kernel it will contain the recovery!
[ how to enter recovery? ]
the recovery entry key is VOLUME UP button... so when you see the bootlogo watch out for the following notification which will tell u when u press the entry key (VOL UP):
- the LED will turn BLUE
- the device will vibrate for short duration
- the bottom strip will be illuminated
if u press the entry key within this timeframe of the notifications (3 seconds) the device will enter into recovery
[ how to use recovery? ]
- hardware keys
- VOL UP/VOL DOWN key to move Up/Down in menu
- HOME key to SELECT item
- BACK key to GO BACK
- On-screen Navigation buttons
- Full Touch capibility!
[ donations ]
if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc
PAYPAL DONATION LINK