FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What Is Android and Custom Recovery Image..?

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

Post Reply Email Thread
ClockworkMod – also known as Clockwork and CWM – is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery. In what follows, we will cover all that this recovery is capable of doing, and how to do it.

About Android Recovery

All Android devices ship with a recovery console that is basically a partition on the device’s internal memory and can be booted into. The stock recovery of almost all Android devices provides a few basic yet handy options that allow you to factory reset your device and also to recover its operating system using an official ROM in zip format, but that’s all you can do with it. That’s where a custom recovery comes handy.

A custom Android recovery basically replaces the stock recovery with one that lets you do all you can do with the stock recovery, plus a plethora of more options to give you a lot more control on your device. With a custom recovery, you can install official and unofficial ROMs as well as other updates including apps, themes, kernels etc. using zip files, wipe not just user data but pretty much every partition on your device, mount the storage card for USB mass storage access without leaving recovery, partition your SD card, wipe Dalvik cache and battery stats, fix permissions, perform, manage and restore backups and so on...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mohitawasthi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mohitawasthi Ad-Free

12th April 2012, 05:50 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Bareilly
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspire

Complete Article:
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...omplete-guide/

Thnkss fr ur concern soon ivl complete..
8th September 2012, 02:51 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitawasthi

ClockworkMod – also known as Clockwork and CWM – is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery. In what follows, we will cover all that this recovery is capable of doing, and how to do it.

About Android Recovery

All Android devices ship with a recovery console that is basically a partition on the device’s internal memory and can be booted into. The stock recovery of almost all Android devices provides a few basic yet handy options that allow you to factory reset your device and also to recover its operating system using an official ROM in zip format, but that’s all you can do with it. That’s where a custom recovery comes handy.

A custom Android recovery basically replaces the stock recovery with one that lets you do all you can do with the stock recovery, plus a plethora of more options to give you a lot more control on your device. With a custom recovery, you can install official and unofficial ROMs as well as other updates including apps, themes, kernels etc. using zip files, wipe not just user data but pretty much every partition on your device, mount the storage card for USB mass storage access without leaving recovery, partition your SD card, wipe Dalvik cache and battery stats, fix permissions, perform, manage and restore backups and so on...

I'm a little confused, I'm a noob. So if I root a phone and delete bloatware, can I make a custom recovery so the phone doesn't brick and the factory reset resets all settings to a certain way I want it to? Or is my perception of a custom recovery totally off?
8th September 2012, 06:29 AM |#5  
Flag fatehabad (hry)
Thanks Meter: 1,508

More
factory reset cannot work according to you

it will remove all the data you have in your /data partition

@op

you should delete the [Q] tag from the title

@s.d.oconnor

good to see you as the mod here, wanna post something related to rc let me know
The Following User Says Thank You to dheeraj (dhlalit11) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dheeraj (dhlalit11) Ad-Free
8th September 2012, 09:56 AM |#6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Warrington
Thanks Meter: 1,845

Donate to Me
More
I have removed the [Q] from your thread title, to avoid mistakes.
26th September 2012, 01:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewm223

I'm a little confused, I'm a noob. So if I root a phone and delete bloatware, can I make a custom recovery so the phone doesn't brick and the factory reset resets all settings to a certain way I want it to? Or is my perception of a custom recovery totally off?

replacing the recovery.img file with the custom recovery.img file just by simply coping/overwritting , Will this be same as installing the custom ROM?
10th October 2012, 12:12 PM |#8  

More
Custom recovery partition program killed 32 GB sd card
Is it possible that this partition programmer from clockwork recovery can't work with the new big 32 gb cards?
I wanted to let the custom recovery make an ext2 partition, and a fat 32 partition on a brandnew 32 GB sd card.
Seems that the custom recovery partition program wiped my master boot record from the sd card, I tried everything, the card is recognised,
but it is impossible to write anyting on it. I tried to repair the mbr, but so far it didn't work. I tried with windows fdisk but no solution found.

Someone knows how to save my sd card without sending back to factory?
22nd October 2012, 07:34 PM |#9  
Flag Latur
Thanks Meter: 523

Donate to Me
More
Custom recovery can be downloaded from ROM manger for fit????
23rd October 2012, 03:48 AM |#10  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 282

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaf

Custom recovery can be downloaded from ROM manger for fit????

Yes but it can cause a brick
3rd November 2012, 01:45 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitawasthi

About Android Recovery

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)