(Guide for the American version of the device - LG Nitro HD)
*** Remember, whatever you do, you do at your own risk and responsibility for your actions rests solely on you ***
Sorry, I know my english is not so well as I want, but I tried to explain all steps in this guide for people who never flashed their devices before.
1) ADB: Get it from here - Android Developer SDK , and then specify the path (PATH) to the folder containing the ADB.
Alternate method: copy the folder ADB from the folder SuperOneClickv2.3.2_ShortFuse to the drive C:/ on the computer, and then specify the path (PATH) to the folder containing the ADB.
How to specify the path to the ADB:
My computer (right mouse button) -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> In the lower window find the line Path and double click on it -> At the end of the string "Value" add the complete path to the ADB (eg C:/ADB) and click OK (don't forget to add ";" before).
2) SuperOneClick: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
3) LG P930 drivers: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
4) KDZ_FW_UPD_EN: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
5) Small HTTP Server:
a) shttp3: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
b) www: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
1) V10F_00.kdz: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
2) boot.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
3) recovery.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
4) firmware.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
5) baseband.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
6) system.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
So now we have everything we need to restore our system. It remains only to extract all the files and you can get to work.
The process of resuscitation:
1) Install the drivers from folder LG P930 drivers.
2) Install the B2CAppSetup from folder KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.
3) Install shttp3.exe on drive C:/, note "I agree with this license, and I accept all items", "Update entry in main menu" and "Add to startup".
4) Run the program http.exe, click the right mouse button on the top of the Small Server and select Server -> Settings...
5) Go to the tab HTTP, in the "TCP/IP port for HTTP server" change port 80 to port 9002 and at the top right click on OK.
6) Unpack content of the www.ziр in the folder C:/shttps/www.
It is important:
Small Server software must be running, or unbricking will not be possible.
7) Open with a notepad (as Administrator) file hosts, which is located in C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc and at the end add the following:
Save and exit.
8) Switch the phone to Download mode:
Turn off the phone, if you have not turned off.
Disconnect the USB cable from the phone if connected.
Hold down Volume Up and connect the USB cable to the phone.
Hold Volume Up until the screen: Download mode.
9) Open the folder KDZ_FW_UPD_EN and run the program UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe
10) Click on the folder icon in the row "Select kdz file" and select the file V10F_00.kdz
11) Click on "CSE web upgrade test".
12) In the window that appears, click on "Upgrade Start".
13) In the next window that appears, you will be prompted to select country and language, which will use the program. Since few of us know Korean, change the language to English, and follow on.
14) The program will begin to flash update file V10F_00.kdz on your phone.
It is important:
If you notice that the software update stuck at 4%, close the program through Task Manager and go to step 5!
15) When the update reaches 90% of your phone will reboot. Do not do anything until the upgrade is finished completely!
It is important:
If you notice that the upgrade program generated an error at 93%, do not panic. Just forcibly restart the phone.
If you notice that the upgrade program stucked on 90% for a long time, just forcibly close the upgrade program and move on to getting root.
16) Phone revived, you can begin to get root.
So, your phone is officially revived the Korean language with Korean firmware by default.
Before proceeding, make sure that your phone is connected to a PC in PC Software mode.
1) A gesture from the bottom-up on the lock screen will take you to the master wizard (where everything is in Korean). Press the left button on the bottom of the screen and two seconds later your phone will "talk" to his native English. You can continue to follow the master wizard, but honestly, it's unnecessary. We just wanted to change the language.
2) Install the drivers on the PC from folder LG P930 drivers. After that, wait until the PC to install additional drivers.
3) Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and turn on "USB debugging".
4) Run SuperOneClick.exe and click Root.
5) Wait for the completion of the root. Check in the phone that the program Superuser appears.
* If it appears, then we can begin to flash the original AT&T's images.
* If not, repeat the procedure for obtaining root.
It is important:
Be patient, sometimes it takes about 20 times to get root.
I strongly recommend to use SuperOneClick 2.3.2 version to get root! Version 2.3.3 for some reason doesn't work with our phone.
Restoring the original Nitro HD images:
1) Connect your phone to your PC in Mass Storage mode (select the type of connections Mass storage).
2) Copy to the root of the SD-card all 5 images (boot.img, recovery.img, firmware.img, baseband.img and system.img).
3) Upon completion of copying of images put the phone back into a PC Software mode and make sure USB debugging enabled.
4) On your PC go to Start -> Run -> write cmd and click OK.
5) In the window that appears, use the following commands are strictly in the order in which they are registered (otherwise, again, get a brick and will have to start from scratch):
adb shell su dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 dd if=/sdcard/firmware.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 dd if=/sdcard/baseband.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27
7) At the same time hold down the Power button and Volume Down and wait for the screen: Factory reset.
8) Double-click on the power button, confirming our actions.
* Phone will start factory reset and will restart at the end.
Congratulations! Now your phone has an AT&T's operator firmware and root-rights.
Guys, I'm really happy to be a part of this great community, but I decided to move on. Thanks to all of you!