New Note: Cannot play MP4 files

Search This thread

leicashot

Feb 6, 2012
I just changed from a white Note to a black one - go figure, but on this Note, I cannot play MP4 files. Previously I could without making any modifications.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

letters_to_cleo

Jan 23, 2012
Portsmouth, N.H.
just a long shot, how did you copy your Mp4 files to your note? just drag and dropping them ?

Usually when your going to copy or move music/video files on to your Note, You will usually be prompted with a Window on your PC/laptop to say t"hat this file can be converted.. etc, and would you like to convert this file?", when you click on Convert... that will be the time that file/s will be converted to a readable file that the Note can read.. .and play...

TempusFudgeIt

Feb 18, 2012
Brisbane
I just changed from a white Note to a black one - go figure, but on this Note, I cannot play MP4 files. Previously I could without making any modifications.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting....

Have had this problem on and off for a while. Just transferred two MP4s to my Note - one worked and one didn't! Both are x264 format but one shows as 0x0 resolution on the Note - the other one shows 720 x 404. The first one is the one that doesn't work.

Will do some further testing and report back....

- Update - Have used Div X Plus Converter and converted the Mp4 to MKV which worked but took ages to convert.... then I remembered....

AVI Four CC Converter (see link below) - it allows you to edit the header file of the video to show DivX or MP41,MP42,MP43 which makes the video player think it is a file that it is compatible with and it plays! I know this seems like a fudge, but I used to use it a lot on my blackberry. I set the MP4 header to MP43 and it played. It takes less than a second and stops you needing to convert files. It doesn't work on all avi/mp4 files but does on a lot of them.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/video_tools/avi_fourcc_changer.cfm

Hope this works for you

Last edited: