FOR WINDOWS ONLY
THIS WILL WORK ON BOTH LOCKED AND UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS
ok guys so i was directed to this post:
where the user rasgula has posted a rooting toolkit...
it was slightly difficult to use for some users so i have modified it to make it fully automated with least user interaction also as a bonus it will install busybox too...
for those who dont know this is the well known old "andorid emulator" hack/trick... its surprising that Sony left those permissions on /data partitions... Dan rosenberg has posted lots of research material regarding this kind of hack for other android devices...
Credits for this go to the person who found that this old trik/hack works on Sony's Xperia 2011 ICS firmware!
anyways the rooting toolkit is in the downloads section below
[ requirements ]
- stock ICS firmware 4.1.A.0.562 for your device
- ADB drivers installed (if u are not sure, then install this)
- the attached package
[ READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY! ]
This script will:
- root ur device using "andorid emulator" trick
- install Busybox (1.18.4)
- install SU files (ICS specific)
- do some checks for free space, tmp directory (will remove Google Maps if required)
Before u begin:
- make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device
- enable "USB DEBUGGING" - from (Menu\Settings\Developer Options\Development)
- enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES" - from (Menu\Settings\Security)
- [OPTIONAL] increase screen timeout to 10 minutes
- connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC
- skip "PC Companion Software" prompt on device
[ WARNING ]
make sure that no other adb server is running in background (e.g.: Flashtool, PCC, SEUS) and disable any antivirus
[ how to install? ]
- make sure that you are on stock ICS firmware 4.1.A.0.562
- download the file posted below and save it on c:\
- extract ALL the files in the zip
- now just double click on "runme.bat"
- sit back read the on screen instructions
- the device will reboot a couple of times
- when the script finishes it will say "ALL DONE"
[ downloads ]
and dont forget to say thanks to the user rasgula who posted it here