GameKeyboard Webpage has been completely redesigned to favor quick access and convenience CLICK HERE AND START CHECKING OUT HOW MANY GAMES THIS HAS MADE PLAYABLE!
Of course I am unallowed to share the BETA, but you best believe I'll report it's performance!
If you haven't heard of LocNet's GameKeyboard, it's basically an app that allows you to do multiple things; from creating an on-screen game-keyboard to re-mapping hardware keys.
The official 2.0 update has been released that allows something absolutely revolutionary for Xperia PLAY owners; touch-screen to hardware keyboard action mapping.
...and what does that mean? ALL Android games become Xperia PLAY Optimized... never again will we have to use lame-ass touch controls for games that are clearly too action-reaction based to be played with virtual buttons
BASIC SETUP TUTORIAL:
• Root Access (SEE THIS THREAD!)
• Step 1: Install and open GameKeyboard. Click "Step 1: Tap here, find..." and Check the box next to Game Keyboard
• Step 2: Long-press the "Step 2: Tap here and..." area until a window pops up; select "Input Method", then select "Game Keyboard"
• Step 3: Click the Button that says "Step 4: (Optional) Tap here to..." There are a number of changes we must make here.
........- Click "Select Gamepad," and select "8 buttons"
........- If necessary, check the box that says "8-way D-Pad"
........- Check the Box that says "Re-map Hardkey" (Checking the "Show start and select is not necessary")
• Step 4: Enter the "Hardkey Mappings" sub-menu, we will make a number of re-maps here
........- Select "Mapping 1". When the window appears, press X on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad A"
........- Select "Mapping 2". When the window appears, press O on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad B"
........- Select "Mapping 3". When the window appears, press Select on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad Z"
........- Select "Mapping 4". When the window appears, press Start on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad C"
........- Press the phone's back hardware key to exit "Hardkey Mappings" (NOTE: Circle no longer doubles as "back")
• Step 5: Enter the "Layout Edit" Sub-Menu, Check both "Layout Edit Mode" and "Enable Custom Layout," then press back
• Step 6: Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this menu and select "Touchscreen Mode"
• Step 7: That's it! From here you can easily pull up the GameKeyboard, and start drag-mapping touch-screen actions to hardware keys or importing from the archive of pre-made game configurations if you don't want to manually configure every game.
• GameKeyboard 2.0 article on XperiaPlayGamer: http://xperiaplaygamer.net/articles/...optimized.html
• GameKeyboard 2.0 article on PocketGamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Xperi...ws.asp?c=40221
• GameKeyboard 2.0 article on IntoMobile: http://www.intomobile.com/2012/04/26...n-xperia-play/
• GameKeyboard 2.0 article on TalkAndroid: http://www.talkandroid.com/109619-ga...android-games/
• GameKeyboard 2.0 article on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/g...r-xperia-play/
• GameKeyboard on the Google Play Store: PLAY STORE LINK
• GameKeyboard BETA Video Backlog on YouTube: BETA 1, BETA 2
Don't feel like setting up each and every game? CLICK HERE AND CHECK OUT THE IMPORT-ABLE PRE-SETS I'VE MADE!