FORUMS

[Q] How to get Android on a symbian phone???

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By webconnect, Member on 19th April 2012, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys,

I was just wondering if i could get android on my Samsung I8910HD phone which runs Symbian S60.I know that 99% that this aint possible but can i use symbian ROM flashing tool(it is nearly similar to odin) to flash android stock ROM while my phone is in recovery mode??? I've heard about nitdroid project in which they install android in Nokia N8 and some more phones. Note - Im just a 14 yr old noob indian(So pls forgive me if u think that this is a silly question. )
19th April 2012, 05:36 PM |#2  
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 43

More
not yet invented......!!!!:P
19th April 2012, 05:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I would love to see this too......

Sent from my E15i using xda premium
19th April 2012, 06:35 PM |#4  
Flag Vancouver, Canada
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile No silly questions
I don't think is a silly question and apparently it can be done. How hard have you searched? I don't own a Symbian, but I just did a quick search on the Net and a lot of hits came up...
Lots of YouTube videos. Do you want to change the OS or just install android apps? (That can also be done and it is easier).
Cheers,
19th April 2012, 06:42 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Cool No progress!!1
I've tried very hard in doing this(I've never actually tried on the phone cause it is not my phone it is my moms(I own a samsung galaxy y which is rooted and Running stock rom and CWM Recovery) and im afraid that i may Hard Brick her phone).And CyanChip I want to change the whole osand i dont want the apps only(I've heard about AlienDalvik). So any hints on how u can do this
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
EDIT
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
OOps Srry CyanChip. AlienDalvik supports only iOS for now. It would be good if u could tell me how to install just the apps. Hoping that a DEV will make this possible.
21st April 2012, 09:57 AM |#6  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 124

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webconnect

Hello guys,

I was just wondering if i could get android on my Samsung I8910HD phone which runs Symbian S60.I know that 99% that this aint possible but can i use symbian ROM flashing tool(it is nearly similar to odin) to flash android stock ROM while my phone is in recovery mode??? I've heard about nitdroid project in which they install android in Nokia N8 and some more phones. Note - Im just a 14 yr old noob indian(So pls forgive me if u think that this is a silly question. )

First of all nitdroid project is for Maemo OS, Meego OS based or Nokia's old tablet OS based phones it was Nokia N9 not the N8 where they installed android, and the models which they (nitdroid) refer as N8xx are the Nokia N800 and Nokia N810.3
Second andoid can't be flashed on symbian OS devices.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by webconnect

Hello guys,

First of all nitdroid project is for Maemo OS, Meego OS based or Nokia's old tablet OS based phones it was Nokia N9 not the N8 where they installed android, other compatible devices are N900 and N950 and the models which they (nitdroid) refer as N8xx are the Nokia N800 and Nokia N810.3
Second andoid can't be flashed on symbian OS devices.
26th November 2012, 11:25 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanChip

I don't think is a silly question and apparently it can be done. How hard have you searched? I don't own a Symbian, but I just did a quick search on the Net and a lot of hits came up...
Lots of YouTube videos. Do you want to change the OS or just install android apps? (That can also be done and it is easier).
Cheers,

hi could you post up the link to these sites you speak about thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)