FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] UNOFFICIAL AOKP nightly builds

1,981 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,074

By rohan32, Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer on 20th April 2012, 01:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
UNOFFICIAL AOKP Nightly Builds

Since AOKP development has started picking up with their addition of their new Gerrit server, I've decided to release nightly builds for AOKP. These should be released every day anywhere from 6-9pm depending on when I get time to do it. Also, some days I might not get the time. However, it should be almost every day that a new build comes out.

All credits go toward the entire AOKP team for their efforts in making one of the most customizable builds out there right now. It is absolutely fantastic.

You can download it by sorting by date uploaded right here on my goo.im profile:
http://goo.im/devs/rohan/tenderloin/aokp_nightlies

Note: These downloads are provided untested. This might break your system so be sure to keep a backup handy. Nightly builds are usually more unstable than any other type of ROM, but if you want the latest features then use this. I do not take responsibility for anything that may happen to your system.

Another note: These downloads do not come with any sort of support. Do not ask for help in IRC for aokp if you are running these nightlies. They are not official and thus are not officially supported. So don't go and give roman and the other devs a headache

And another note: They don't come with gapps, download those separately from goo.im or some other source.

You should just be able to download and install the zip in CWM, then wipe caches. Reboot and enjoy. No other wiping is needed, only caches.

Right now I am building on my personal PC (I don't have a server) so I apologize if it takes a while to get builds up! My system isn't the fastest at making builds haha

I will be making these ROMs updateable via the goo.im app probably this weekend, I don't have much time right now to figure out how it works.

If you want to find out when I release the new nightly, follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/rohanXm
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rohan32 Ad-Free

20th April 2012, 02:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Looking forward to it!
20th April 2012, 04:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 982

More
Is there a changelog like the CM nightlies?
20th April 2012, 05:08 AM |#4  
Flag One does not simply "locate" me
Thanks Meter: 29

More
What exactly is aokp?
20th April 2012, 05:32 AM |#5  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 292

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventus_zx

What exactly is aokp?

http://knowmydroid.com/blog/what-is-...erent-from-cm9
The Following User Says Thank You to matteebee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matteebee Ad-Free
20th April 2012, 05:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
AOKP is pretty awesome. I run it on my Epic 4G and I agree it's more customizeable than CM9 and pretty solid in terms of reliability . Thanks for these Touchpad Nightlies Rohan! Installing it as we speak!
20th April 2012, 11:50 PM |#7  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag New Jersey

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nburnes

Is there a changelog like the CM nightlies?

You can find what was merged here:
http://gerrit.sudoservers.com:8080/#...tus:merged,n,z

It will display some other device stuff, though most AOKP stuff from that gerrit is for the entire AOKP as a whole and not device specific.
21st April 2012, 12:17 AM |#8  
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Thanks Meter: 6,197

Donate to Me
More
Can I flash the cm nightly 120 dpi patch or will it break things?
21st April 2012, 12:52 AM |#9  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag New Jersey

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalinas1

Can I flash the cm nightly 120 dpi patch or will it break things?

The only "side effect" is that you cannot access the Trebuchet settings and your build.prop values will be different leading to some funky and wrong info in your About Tablet area of your settings.
21st April 2012, 12:56 AM |#10  
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Thanks Meter: 6,197

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan32

The only "side effect" is that you cannot access the Trebuchet settings and your build.prop values will be different leading to some funky and wrong info in your About Tablet area of your settings.

I just changed it under general ui with rom control settings. Thanks though, its very smooth so far.
21st April 2012, 02:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Anybody else get a System UI has closed error. Weird, hopefully it was a one time thing. Flashing the 4/20 now. Hopefully that fixes it, I did a full wipe and will wipe again

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)