FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

POGO Pins reverse engineering - UPDATE!!!

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By jires, Member on 21st April 2012, 03:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What we found so far..
Pins counted from bottom of the phone:

1. - GND
2. - Audio Dock output
3. - Audio Dock
4. - Dock ID
5. - Re-charge

Pins functions:

1. - GND: It's a common ground of the phone. Using as "-" while charging, GND or COM for audio signal, physically connected to pin5 [GND] on microusb port

2. - Audio Dock output: In dock mode - analogue audio output (channel left) while playing music. When phone is triggered in dock mode, it can be used to play audio on earphones or connect to external amplifier. During phonecall : speaker out [mono]. In car dock mode - not testet yet. Data transmition - not tested yet.

3. - Audio Dock : In dock mode - analogue audio output (channel right) while playing music. When phone is triggered in dock mode, it can be used to play audio on earphones or connect to external amplifier. During phonecall- [not tested yet]. In car dock mode - not testet yet. Data transmition - not tested yet.

4. - Dock ID : Pin used to informing phone what is connected to it (resistance checking). Working only when pin 5 is connected to +5 volt and pin 1 to GND (when phone is on charging). Connecting pin 4 to GND with resistor 10kOhm trigerring car dock mode (resistor have to be connected all the time). Connecting resistor 1,1kOhm trigerring dock mode, don't have to be all the time, ones dock mode is on, resistor can be disconected, phone will stay in dock mode until power (+5v to pin 5) is connected.

5. - Re-charge : Physically connected to pin1 [VBUS] on microusb port. It's used to charge phone by connecting +5 volt. This is USB charging (500mA max), I'm trying to figured out how to force AC charging on it, but may be not possible, maybe HTC has blocked this funcionality because it can be danger for pogo pin ( 1 A throughput).

Post will be updated when we'll find out something more.

Thanks to: @pehkblui , @neovius and all others trying to help
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to jires For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jires Ad-Free

21st April 2012, 04:35 PM |#2  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 794

More
good post !
23rd April 2012, 07:26 AM |#3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
I will be following this thread, Sorry I don't have the technical know how to figure out how it works, but if you can get the wiring I do have the tech ability to build one... I am going to buy some pogo pins off ebay and make a dock for my bedside table...
j4n87
23rd April 2012, 07:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graymonkey44

Fixes for Internal Memory and External SD card are at bottom of post!

May be easier to make a completely new thread instead of people searching through the "s-off discussion" thread.

I'm going to make a huge SD Card post right at the top because it seems like people still are overlooking it in the "s-off discussion" thread... Not trying to be a dick, just making sure people don't lose crucial information on their SD cards...

Don't forget this will format your SD card so save all your contents or use a spare!!! V.02 does not wipe Internal SD anymore.

Here's the link for Instructions:

http://unlimited.io/instructions/

Read the Instructions carefully and thoroughly at least once before attempting. This will temporarily brick your phone. Don't be lazy. Don't forget this will format your SD card so save all your contents or use a spare!!! I used my old 2GB droid incredible sd card for mine...

Some notes:

Make sure back cover is off before running program.
Plug in phone before running program.
Boot phone into ROM before running program, it will automatically boot into fastboot by itself.
Don't do wire trick until after you run the program and tells you to do so!!!
Make sure you have "USB debugging" enabled!
If in Windows, right click program and make sure you click "Run as Administrator"

This post sums up everything nicely...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1289

Here's link for wire trick:

http://unlimited.io/htc-rezound/

Wire Tips:

22ga wire fits almost perfect in the lower hole.

Use a piece about 8 inches long and stripped the end for the lower contact about 3/8 of an inch and the other end just a small amount. Did this to two phones and it worked the first time both times.

It was reported that the large coated paper clips work well too.

Others are using odd objects or other weird improvised wires and having a lot of trouble. It seems to be one of the big sticking points.

I honestly used a paperclip and it worked just fine. Not even insulated... even though they don't recommend it: you could use it as a last resort.... or wrap it with an insulated material. I didn't know the paper clip had to be because I was one of the beta testers.

Don't make this mistake either.

If you're not getting it after wire trick, keep trying! Timing is crucial!!!

Don't forget this will format your SD card so save all your contents or use a spare!!!

Picture of Points:

Video of Wire Trick:

New ICS hboot should be included in the download now.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1141

Pretty much copied everything off the site, but it may be easier to use instead of switch tabs/windows... Good Luck...

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices or anything happening to your handset!!!! Just relaying the message

If you're still having issues... The search button is your friend. There's a high chance your problem has already been solved. Either search this thread or the discussion of s-off thread.

Oh yeah... ENJOY S-OFF!!!!!

These guys put in a hell of a lot of effort into doing this process... Any donation would be greatly appreciated!

Donate to JuopunutBear Team!!!

..this could be interesting?

On the HTC rezound they achieved s-off by pulling off the back cover, taking a wire and short out to pins.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 08:31 AM |#5  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 1,805

More
Trying to find good pictures of the One X with back cover off to see if there is a PIN1.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xmoo Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 10:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jires

What I found so far..
Pins counted from bottom of the phone:

1. - GND
2. - ? (resistance 40 Ohms to COM, audio out?)
3. - ? (resistance 40 Ohms to COM, audio out?)
4. - +1,8V constant voltage when phone turned on (data?)
5. - V+ (charging)

Post will be updated when I'll find out something more.

Can someone make oscilloscope measurements of pins 2,3,4?

Just probed 2,34 with a scope.
4 constant 1.8V.
2 & 3, there are little spikes +/-200mV at regular intervals when music or radio is playing. Maybe some form of audio output. Don't look like audio waveform to me though.
The Following User Says Thank You to pehkblui For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pehkblui Ad-Free
23rd April 2012, 12:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Sounds to me like its polling for status, looking to see if its docked to an audio output.Try applying a load to it to see if it starts chucking out analogue audio

Edit: Forgot to say thanks
23rd April 2012, 12:40 PM |#8  
Flag Deal
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Looking promising aye, being that the one x is a sealed unit I assumed the pins where also to be doubled up for other tasks....

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app
23rd April 2012, 01:46 PM |#9  
Flag Volos
Thanks Meter: 196

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoo

Trying to find good pictures of the One X with back cover off to see if there is a PIN1.

I can't see any pins like those on the rezound in these fotos..

Edit: But then again i see some pins on the left of the micro sim and some more around the headphone jack...
23rd April 2012, 01:49 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBarnes

Sounds to me like its polling for status, looking to see if its docked to an audio output.Try applying a load to it to see if it starts chucking out analogue audio

Edit: Forgot to say thanks

Maybe it's a bit like Apple's accessory where it is trying to communication with whatever is touching the pin and will only dump out the analogue audio once authenticated.

The probe itself is at least 10pF (or 50p?). That should be a load by itself. Or maybe should try connecting a small or active speaker to it.
23rd April 2012, 02:23 PM |#11  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 1,805

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anko184

I can't see any pins like those on the rezound in these fotos..

Edit: But then again i see some pins on the left of the micro sim and some more around the headphone jack...

Check on the right midle of the battery. You see some small pins,three which has some kind of connection with the back cover.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)