FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Internal error Access is not allowed for this user agent?

255 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By TheKid1, Senior Member on 22nd April 2012, 06:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Internal error Access is not allowed for this user agent in www.google.com/search? hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=kelly+coffield%2C+feed+the +needy&oq=

What does this mean? I get this sometimes when i try to open my web browser. When on wifi it doesnt happen. I thought it was my stock browser but it does it with other browsers too.
 
 
23rd April 2012, 08:21 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Vineland
Thanks Meter: 28
 
Donate to Me
More
Well, since you in g2x I'm gonna assume your using t mobile. In that case try this for APN:

Name: T-Mobile Data (or T-Mobile US)
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: default,supl,admin,dun,mms
Note: Using <Not set> instead of the above works if there are no other APNs that conflict.
Press the Menu key.
Touch Save.
Verify that you only have one T-Mobile Data (or T-Mobile US) connection listed.

If for some reason you still can't connect, then I would suggest getting a new phone because 9 times out 10 its something with the hardware or a missing file in your phone that prevents it from connecting to the server.
24th April 2012, 03:15 AM |#3  
iArtisan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
or you can go into browser settings and change user agent to desktop or iphone or something. that fix'd it for me.
14th May 2012, 07:27 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillsoul

Well, since you in g2x I'm gonna assume your using t mobile. In that case try this for APN:

Name: T-Mobile Data (or T-Mobile US)
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: default,supl,admin,dun,mms
Note: Using <Not set> instead of the above works if there are no other APNs that conflict.
Press the Menu key.
Touch Save.
Verify that you only have one T-Mobile Data (or T-Mobile US) connection listed.

If for some reason you still can't connect, then I would suggest getting a new phone because 9 times out 10 its something with the hardware or a missing file in your phone that prevents it from connecting to the server.

I am running on Simple Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArtisan

or you can go into browser settings and change user agent to desktop or iphone or something. that fix'd it for me.

How do you change your stock browser settings? I see where you can do this on other browsers but not my stock browser.
15th May 2012, 05:34 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Tweakker APN
Download Tweakker from the android market. This will fix the problem. I have 2 HTC Inspire Phones. Both are with SIMPLE MOBILE. One was programmed yesterday and would not work, even though i programmed the APN exactly as my other phone. I found a post for Tweakker, downloaded it, and my problem was fixed. Today i received the same error message for my long time phone. I reset my phone and it started working. Still dont know what the problem is. (It might me a Simple Mobile Problem)
15th May 2012, 11:57 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Miami, Fl
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
Yeah, tweakker worked fine for me too. I just did all the steps like I usually do for all the android phones I get on my store, and this one didn't worked. I needed to do it trough this app. Thanks guys
18th May 2012, 07:46 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Miami, Fl
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
update: now the phone come back because google maps open fine. But in the browser, after I open google.com, anything I put on the search, it come with the error again. I installed Dolphin Browser to try and launch the same error.
28th July 2012, 01:14 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieltorres_cuba

update: now the phone come back because google maps open fine. But in the browser, after I open google.com, anything I put on the search, it come with the error again. I installed Dolphin Browser to try and launch the same error.

My Friends! The fix for the "User Agent is not allowed" is this: Remove the proxy info from your Simple Mobile APN settings. That's it, no proxy!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Succatash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Succatash Ad-Free
1st August 2012, 12:37 AM |#9  
v3rsatile23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Succatash

My Friends! The fix for the "User Agent is not allowed" is this: Remove the proxy info from your Simple Mobile APN settings. That's it, no proxy!

It worked on my galaxy s2 running aokp with simple mobile... Hiwd you know that???
2nd August 2012, 12:55 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Thanks Succatash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Succatash

My Friends! The fix for the "User Agent is not allowed" is this: Remove the proxy info from your Simple Mobile APN settings. That's it, no proxy!

This was the solution that worked for me too.
(The browser used to work when the WiFi was enabled but not on the mobile network)
2nd August 2012, 05:04 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Succatash

My Friends! The fix for the "User Agent is not allowed" is this: Remove the proxy info from your Simple Mobile APN settings. That's it, no proxy!

I confirm this is proxy. Removing proxy fixed the problem for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes