Htc One X temperatures

346 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By Castellano2, Senior Member on 24th April 2012, 09:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys I have installed Battery Monitor and my phone is reporting too high temperatures when browsing internet - 42° C.
I played Qosmos on charger and temperature was 47°C. I am really disappointed with battery solution of HOX.
so, what are dangerous temperatures for our phone? I saw someone reported 55.. doest it damage battery?

Odesláno z mého HTC One X pomocí Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 10:22 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 70

More
No worry, mine went up to 63.8 °C. It is still working now...
More info @ HTC One X overheat up to 63.8 °C
24th April 2012, 10:32 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 27,188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceOoi

No worry, mine went up to 63.8 °C. It is still working now...
More info @ HTC One X overheat up to 63.8 °C

do u have screen flex?
24th April 2012, 10:53 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

do u have screen flex?

Do you mean this?
HTC One X screen flex flaw
24th April 2012, 11:01 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceOoi

Do you mean this?
HTC One X screen flex flaw

yep most likely caused by overheat
24th April 2012, 11:52 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
50 and the clocks go down, 70 and the phone shuts itself off. My temps are basicly always +50 if im playing something or the phone is charging. Playing and charging rises the temps anywhere between 50 and 70... Just recovered from overheating shutdown, so yeah, overheating is indeed present with the ONE X...
25th April 2012, 12:19 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 815

More
Even browsing it gets hot, seems that stock browser heats more than dolphin, but I have to test it further. Temp+CPU shows 40C.
25th April 2012, 06:17 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUzer0

50 and the clocks go down, 70 and the phone shuts itself off. My temps are basicly always +50 if im playing something or the phone is charging. Playing and charging rises the temps anywhere between 50 and 70... Just recovered from overheating shutdown, so yeah, overheating is indeed present with the ONE X...

did you notice any gap between screen and metal lining on left side? some people said overheat may cause gap on it..
25th April 2012, 06:23 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11

Even browsing it gets hot, seems that stock browser heats more than dolphin, but I have to test it further. Temp+CPU shows 40C.

yup definitely the stock browser run hotter than other browsers, for some reason
25th April 2012, 10:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnfighter

did you notice any gap between screen and metal lining on left side? some people said overheat may cause gap on it..

Now that you should mention it, i can definitely fit my fingernail between the body and the screen glass without any forcing or anything, resulting the case bending and it feels quite as i could just snap the glass off anytime i wanted. The glass also makes creaking noises, especially the bottom part. Scary stuff. Both sides of the screen and bottom corners show some flexing (disortion on the screen when medium pressure is applied) as well.

Beginning to reconsider whether my HOX is pristine or not, or could even the design of the model be flawed.

Good thing there is such thing as warranty.
25th April 2012, 10:53 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUzer0

Now that you should mention it, i can definitely fit my fingernail between the body and the screen glass without any forcing or anything, resulting the case bending and it feels quite as i could just snap the glass off anytime i wanted. The glass also makes creaking noises, especially the bottom part. Scary stuff. Both sides of the screen and bottom corners show some flexing (disortion on the screen when medium pressure is applied) as well.

Beginning to reconsider whether my HOX is pristine or not, or could even the design of the model be flawed.

Good thing there is such thing as warranty.

yes it will be hard to put our hands on this

screen flex is associated with temps, its just not happening to all people depending on their usage and the state it come with out of box

if its hardware trait i can live with it but i prefer to have the flex on top of the screen rather than the sides lol

ill order HOX with screen flex on top lol
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)