FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[QPST] Rezound QPST Diag mode

150 posts
Thanks Meter: 144

Post Reply Email Thread
Warning!!! Assuming you can find QPST and get it running, don't play around unless you know what you are doing. It is extremely likely you will brick your phone.

In the midst of my poking around I discovered you can enable the phone's diag mode with:

In rom:
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/f_diag/on
In recovery:
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable
I haven't been able to find any driver downloads that work with it, but I did get Window 7 64 bit working:

In fastboot:
Code:
fastboot oem enableqxdm
1. Open Windows device manager
2. Double click on HTC DIAG (or HTC 9k DIAG for LTE, I haven't tried that one yet though)
3. Update Driver
4. Browse My computer for software
5. Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
6. Ports (COM and LPT)
7. HTC Corporation
8. HTC Diagnostic Interface

So far I have only done this from inside my booted rom. I still need to test from recovery.

This is a screen shot of some of what is available in QPST EFS explorer:

Here is a small sample of what is available in QPST RF NV Manager:
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jefffeely For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jefffeely Ad-Free

25th April 2012, 07:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Very interesting.

Maybe this will lead to something more
25th April 2012, 07:38 PM |#3  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 3,123

More
Until you release something useful that corresponds to this or are trying to create a think tank for a specific problem, this probably belongs in the general section along with the photos.
25th April 2012, 08:08 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Newark, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247

Until you release something useful that corresponds to this or are trying to create a think tank for a specific problem, this probably belongs in the general section along with the photos.

"If you are posting something that others may use regarding development such as a new ROM, kernel, guide, mod, recovery, or tool, it will be posted there. "

All of my threads have directly pertained to this statement. The android development folder is where this info has generally been posted for other phones, so it seemed reasonable to do so for the Rezound as well.

If mods want to move it I don't care. I was just posting in the place that most closely fit the rules.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jefffeely For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jefffeely Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 09:19 PM |#5  
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 704

More
Cant you enter this mode with some code on the dialer? I know with sprint phones you can.
25th April 2012, 09:44 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Newark, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

Cant you enter this mode with some code on the dialer? I know with sprint phones you can.

I would assume so, although I don't know the code. The benefit of this method is that it is easily scriptable, and you can use it from recovery (although the path is slightly different).
26th April 2012, 05:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
The only benefits to this diag mode is manually changing the PRL, or if you wanted to provision the phone to another cdma network, Other then that no real development use/need.
26th April 2012, 05:42 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Newark, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchedag

The only benefits to this diag mode is manually changing the PRL, or if you wanted to provision the phone to another cdma network, Other then that no real development use/need.

Man... what is it with people in this forum.
26th April 2012, 05:52 AM |#9  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,246

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffeely

Man... what is it with people in this forum.

The fact you keep posting worthless information in our development forum.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to nosympathy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nosympathy Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 06:02 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Newark, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

The fact you keep posting worthless information in our development forum.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

I am sorry that you are the opinion that it is worthless. However, it does have merit and I am glad I posted it for the people that it helped out. Whatever you think, being able to access diagnostic modes for devices is essential to development. All the other people who have posted the same information in the other HTC phone dev forums seem to agree with me. Since It took me quite a while to get some of this working on the rezound due to it not being in this forum, I thought it might be useful to someone else. I personally like sharing information I have learned. The path to enable this diagnostic mode is not the same as any other phone I came across. This leads me to believe that it is useful information.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jefffeely For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jefffeely Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 06:04 AM |#11  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 3,123

More
Just tell us what we can do with it. Then it isn't worthless. That is seriously the only difference. If there is something that can be done with it, by all means, post it. I know you don't want to help me so I won't be expecting anything.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to con247 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift con247 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc diag, qpst, rezound

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)