Flashable File manager( ES Explorer)

881 posts
Thanks Meter: 177

By hkfan, Senior Member on 25th April 2012, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok..Here it is flashable "ES Explorer". Might be useful for someone else also

Note : If it's illegal to do this then then just delete the post
Attached Files
File Type: zip Filemanager.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.39 MB, 49971 views)
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to hkfan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hkfan Ad-Free

25th April 2012, 09:18 PM |#2  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmoudgil

Can any one make a flashable zip with a free root file manager in it.

I've never used it but why not try es file explorer? It claims to have a root explorer included.
26th April 2012, 12:17 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 177

More
I need flash able zip...some roms does not include any file manager.. like aokp

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hkfan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hkfan Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 12:59 PM |#4  
Vacationing in Nanda Parbat, neck deep in Nyssa al Ghul
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 17,196

More
You could always download one from the market.

Or use 7-zip to open another ROM.zip, system/app and pull it out. Then use 7-zip again to unzip AOKP, put the file manager into system/app, rezip it and then flash it.

File managers are freely available. Is there a reason why you can't get one from the market. No SIM or WIFI access, maybe?
The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Woody Ad-Free
21st September 2012, 12:54 PM |#5  
Flag L.I.T.H.
Thanks Meter: 14

More
thank you
OP-thank you.

Many timse now I have flashed on the run. Some times I am on limited data or in a no coverage area. And then the times I don't want to install gapps.... yes... this is very useful.

@woodrube- thanks for the tip on the 7zip trick... I don't know why but I never thought about that. I extract stuff like that all the time... I feel stupid not thinking of that. That will be most use full next time I pan fry bacon. thank you.
22nd September 2012, 03:31 AM |#6  
Flag Sherman
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Xplore is a pretty good file manager. Its user interface us really great for copying files and stuff

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
22nd September 2012, 07:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
+1

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
22nd September 2012, 09:27 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 836

More
The easiest way is to open a rom zip file with 7zip and simply drag your favorite file manager to to /system/app/ folder.

Or you can use this premade flashable zip file and put in your own apks to flash: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572962
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eksasol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eksasol Ad-Free
23rd September 2012, 01:55 PM |#9  
Flag L.I.T.H.
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol

The easiest way is to open a rom zip file with 7zip and simply drag your favorite file manager to to /system/app/ folder.

Or you can use this premade flashable zip file and put in your own apks to flash: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572962

Thank you for linkng that . Just took a look at that. I am going to check this out later. I am on the galaxy s3 (T-Mobile US) and a lot of things that I use to do in dsixda's Android Kitchen I have to find new ways for.
8th June 2013, 10:40 PM |#10  
Flag Kannur
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
A big Thank you... you saved me in time
16th June 2013, 02:59 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfan

Ok..Here it is flashable "ES Explorer". Might be useful for someone else also

Note : If it's illegal to do this then then just delete the post

i found this quite helpful. i use wifi to connect to the market and having a file explorer from the get-go helps me enter my wifi credentials through a text file vs having to manually enter ridiculously complicated passwords by hand. not to mention my google account credentials. thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)