36 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2019, 07:27 AM |#19741  
Thanks Meter: 857

Donate to Me
More
Which do you guys think is a better phone, the galaxy a50 or the redmi note 7 or moto g7 plus or the p30 lite?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

14th May 2019, 10:58 PM |#19742  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,972

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza5682

No headphone jack. Motorized camera which will most likely fail after a while.

Never plugged a set of headphones into any phone ive owned pretty much so dont care about it.

The pop up camera motor could be a concern true but that's what warranty is for.

The so so camera, lack of wireless charging and smallish internal storage are what concern me most.

Camera can be improved via software but to what extent?
The Following User Says Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 10:23 AM |#19743  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Samsung A70 Or Asus Zenfone 5z - which one should I pick ?
19th May 2019, 06:54 PM |#19744  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I'm looking for a new phone and I'm a little bit overwhelmed, because there are too much out there right now.
Since 2012 I'm using a Nexus 4 and I need a new one, because my GPS died when my phone fell to the ground several months ago.
What I need for the next phone:
  • great Display, because I'm reading a lot of books on my phone
  • great Camera, since I'm always taking pics when going out
  • great GPS, since I use my phone as navigation in my car
  • Unlocked Bootloader
  • Root
  • Custom Roms (LineageOS, OMNIROM etc.)
  • low SAR level (I don't know whether it's normal, but it seems like all the new phones (but Samsung) have extremely high SAR levels in comparison to older phones)

I guess a lot of phones will fit the requierements, because my Nexus 4 is ancient and everything can be considered a tremendous upgrade.
What I'm going to do is, to flash a Custom Rom and use the phone without Google (no gapps etc.), install XPrivacy (I guess it's called LuaPrivacy now) and AFWall.
BTW I really don't care about gaming performance, but I care about a lagfree, smooth experience like on my Nexus 4.
The old Nexus series had fantastic community backup, but it seems like the backup has gone since the Pixel series was introduced.
21st May 2019, 08:39 AM |#19745  
Flag Köln
Thanks Meter: 229

More
I'm debating which phone to get with my new contract. Options are:
- S10e
- S10(+)
- Pixel 3XL

I like the size and flat display of the S10e. The S10(+) looks a lot nicer though. Plus bigger battery. The Pixel is a bit dated now, and the 4 is around the corner. I'm not sure i can wait that long with renewing my contract though. The OP 7 Pro would be nice, but i'm not 100% sure if my carrier will get it at launch, if at all. They didn't carry the 6T...
Keep in mind, that i'm in Germany. So i'll be getting the exynos Galaxys. Is it still the case, that those are unlockable compared to the Snapdragon Galaxys?

Which Phone should i get for a great phone, that'll last two years and have options for some custom roms (maybe. Not 100% needed, but some options when manufacturer support ends would be nice). Also, most of the fancy Pixel exclusive features aren't available in German, so there's that.
21st May 2019, 07:12 PM |#19746  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I need a medium budget phone that

1- has a battery that can last 1.5 + days (which means 4000 mAh+ and an energy saving processor)
2- can be comfortably used with one hand, smaller the better
3- good screen resolution (equal or more than my dying nexus 5 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~445 ppi density))
4- has led notification light or at least front camera flash so I can use it for notifications
5- has radio fm
6- good network/signal

-fast charging support would be a plus

I do NOT care about cameras or playing games or premium metallic/glass cases

my eyes are on realme 3 pro but it doesn't have led notification or front flash :/

Any recommendations fitting criteria are welcomed. Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)