By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th July 2019, 06:42 AM |#19781  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawel

Hi, I've got a question. Currently I'm using OnePlus 3 and I'm wondering which phone would be good to buy next. Main things I'd like from that phone would be: speed and fluidity, good support (long support from OEM and nice stuff from developers here), I'd like battery to be not that tragic (I suspect that there is no phone with great battery and everything else I'd like, bit I'd like to have at least 4 hrs sot), it would be nice to have notification led or some sort of notifications (always on or something else), jack 3,5 would be a nice addition but is not that necessary and lastly I'd like the phone to not be bloated by unnecessary stuff (I want it to be fast and smooth and be like that all the time so that I won't have to factory reset from time to time).
Any idea which phone would be good and would be worth switching from my op3?
Thanks

OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro, definitely!
The Following User Says Thank You to .vermilion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift .vermilion Ad-Free

4th July 2019, 06:27 PM |#19782  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,977

More
Also recommend the OnePlus 7Pro...
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxys Ad-Free
5th July 2019, 02:40 AM |#19783  
Flag Puerto Princesa City
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Just got the Note 9. Will give the S9+ to my wife. Her LG G5 is acting up and the storage is already limited.

Pulled the trigger since it was on a big discount.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote:

Hi, I've got a question. Currently I'm using OnePlus 3 and I'm wondering which phone would be good to buy next. Main things I'd like from that phone would be: speed and fluidity, good support (long support from OEM and nice stuff from developers here), I'd like battery to be not that tragic (I suspect that there is no phone with great battery and everything else I'd like, bit I'd like to have at least 4 hrs sot), it would be nice to have notification led or some sort of notifications (always on or something else), jack 3,5 would be a nice addition but is not that necessary and lastly I'd like the phone to not be bloated by unnecessary stuff (I want it to be fast and smooth and be like that all the time so that I won't have to factory reset from time to time).
Any idea which phone would be good and would be worth switching from my op3?
Thanks

Get the Note 9. It's heavily discounted now. Better battery life than oneplus 7 pro and has 3.5 jack which the oneplus does not have.

5th July 2019, 06:27 PM |#19784  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdT21

Get the Note 9. It's heavily discounted now. Better battery life than oneplus 7 pro and has 3.5 jack which the oneplus does not have.

Actually in my country, I don't see any discount on Note 9 and it's price is higher than OP7 and similar to OP7 Pro
6th July 2019, 11:14 PM |#19785  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,987

More
Quote:

Actually in my country, I don't see any discount on Note 9 and it's price is higher than OP7 and similar to OP7 Pro

It should be, its a better phone anyway despite being almost a year old!
7th July 2019, 02:23 PM |#19786  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Not sure if it's that better - in my opinion OnePlus 7 or 7 pro is faster, smoother, faster updates, longer support from OnePlus than from Samsung and better support from developers. I'm not sure about one ui, heard that it's still bloated and sometimes gets laggy (though I haven't used any Samsung device since Galaxy S2) and I like oxygen is, its smoothness and overall look)
The Following User Says Thank You to trawel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trawel Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 03:24 PM |#19787  
Flag Puerto Princesa City
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Not sure if it's that better - in my opinion OnePlus 7 or 7 pro is faster, smoother, faster updates, longer support from OnePlus than from Samsung and better support from developers. I'm not sure about one ui, heard that it's still bloated and sometimes gets laggy (though I haven't used any Samsung device since Galaxy S2) and I like oxygen is, its smoothness and overall look)

Has better battery, has 3.5mm jack, wireless charging, water resistance certification as well. Even the camera is still better especially with the latest night mode update.

Yeah it's definitely better. Maybe not the most value-laden bit specs wise it's hands down better.

8th July 2019, 12:20 AM |#19788  
Flag Santa Rita
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know this has probably been hashed over a bunch of times already but I recently replaced my SO's old Sony with a Pixel 3aXL - we got the iPhone trade in before the prices went down and got it for like $200. She loves it, absolutely no complaints and I have a hard time seeing any difference in performance to my OG Pixel. Beautiful pictures as well.
11th July 2019, 11:38 PM |#19789  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

I had the OnePlus 5 for 2 years and ruined it in salt water. Bought an s8 to replace it (had it for a few weeks before switching to the OnePlus 5 and thought it was okay but switched for a few reasons - one being dual SIM).

After a couple of weeks using the s8 again I had to sell it and get a pixel XL. I couldn't deal with the Samsung software after using oxygen os for 2 years. The pixel isn't quite as good but still much better than Samsung. Note 9 may be worth the software sacrifice for the s pen and other features but I'll never be able to afford a phone that costs more than my car.

I'd go back to a OnePlus but I couldn't find any deals on used ones, resale value seems crazy around here.
12th July 2019, 10:55 AM |#19790  
Flag USA

More
Next Smartphone
Selection of my next smartphone depends on the upcoming series of smartphone.
13th July 2019, 02:16 AM |#19791  

More
hey everyone .

so my father is currently using sony xperia z , i know it is very old but he loves his phone , but the battery isnt working properly anymore so it is time to change , problem is my father has some requirements , he is old guy and he isnt not a fan of new smartphone trends . so he needs a phone with the following requirements

1- 16:9 display : not a fan of 18:9

2- not very big , something similar to xperia z , one hand usable

3-boxy or near boxy design

4-great performance , snapdragon 800 series or maybe 700 (he is gonna use it for a long time )

5-big battery

6-clean or stock android , just like Sony devices (can be ignored if you have a good phone )

the rest like screen resolution , triple camera , wireless charging ...etc arent important to him at all.

His current choice is Razer Phone 2 altho it is a big phone but it checks all the other boxes , so size is a sacrifice here

so can you guys help my old man with a new phone ??

thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)