By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2019, 09:08 PM |#19841  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta23

4. OnePlus 7 Pro - £550 - seems like a no brainer but I just wanted to check

Not a no-brainer… I just picked the OP7 over the OP7 Pro and know I'm not the only one. Can't recall all the points in an article I read about this, but in a nutshell:

- same chip
- OP7 is slightly smaller, I have large hands and really wouldn't want a larger phone, it's almost too bulky for me arlready
- OP7 Pro has bigger battery but more pixels so battery life ends up being the same or slightly in favor of OP7
- do you really need those pixels? For my use (apps, movies, photo) can't see it making a difference, except more work for the phone
- IIRC the 7 Pro camera is "better" but for me cameras were good enough years ago, the last thing I need is bigger files

Only one person's view, just wanted to offer a contrasting viewpoint.
The Following User Says Thank You to who ah way For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift who ah way Ad-Free

11th September 2019, 07:13 AM |#19842  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by who ah way

Not a no-brainer… I just picked the OP7 over the OP7 Pro and know I'm not the only one. Can't recall all the points in an article I read about this, but in a nutshell:

- same chip
- OP7 is slightly smaller, I have large hands and really wouldn't want a larger phone, it's almost too bulky for me arlready
- OP7 Pro has bigger battery but more pixels so battery life ends up being the same or slightly in favor of OP7
- do you really need those pixels? For my use (apps, movies, photo) can't see it making a difference, except more work for the phone
- IIRC the 7 Pro camera is "better" but for me cameras were good enough years ago, the last thing I need is bigger files

Only one person's view, just wanted to offer a contrasting viewpoint.

I've already started a thread in my current device's forum (Z2 Plus), didn't know there was another thread in the same topic. I can get a OnePlus 6T (6-128, pre-owned, still in warranty) for almost 75% that of the price (my budget) of a new OnePlus 7. But I don't know how well the OnePlus 7's development go. 6T's development is still in great position. 7Ts are on the way. So I'm in between choosing 6T or 7.
12th September 2019, 01:17 PM |#19843  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I need a phone with sdcard entrance, earphone entrance and one that has a water resistance(I usually drive my bike when it's raining and sometimes it suddenly happens so my pants get wet). I usually choose Samsung phones because they keep these features, however now with the A80 and Note 10 without earphone connector makes me think they will start removing it. Soooo I still don't know which will be my next one. I always wanted the chineses ones but they usually do not have sdcard entrance or water protection.

I will check how the S11 will be. Because I'm sure it won't have the nast hole in the screen like they did in the S10. They could have done like they did in the A80 but we all know how Samsung is dirty on releasing not much new features due to the marketing for the next one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
12th September 2019, 09:40 PM |#19844  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi,
I owned a Nomu S10 that became full of scam due to the lack of updates...
So, I'm lookin for a rugged smartphone (max value ~250$) with regular system updates (at least security updates).
I wonder if of these manufacturer provide regular updates for their ROM : Doogee, Blackview, CrossCall, Archos, Ulefone, Cubot, Oukitel

If someone had experience with these manufacturer or can propose another one within my criterias, i'll be glad
13th September 2019, 02:00 AM |#19845  
Thanks Meter: 1,710

More
looking for a phone that still is running KK (with deveopment still to be found..) extSDcard and removable battery (if possible). last good phone i had with KK was htc one m8. (no removable battery , but a good phone). price range , $500(u.s.) or under.
anyone have any suggestions please reply.
thank you , dave.

err on the side of kindness
13th September 2019, 04:52 PM |#19846  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I absolutely despise the in-screen fingerprint reader. I had to turn in my S9+ to upgrade, otherwise I would switch back to the older phone. The fingerprint reader only works on the first time about 10% of the time, and it takes about an entire second to unlock the phone. It's horrible. The S9 fingerprint reader worked on the first time 95% of the time, and unlocked the phone seemingly instantly. I just can't adjust to this. It frustrates me to the point of making this phone unusable.

Is there a phone out there that has a fingerprint reader that is fast and reliable, with SD card slot, headphone jack, and has other specs that are decent enough that I won't be too disappointed at giving up this crappy Samsung "flagship" phone? I don't stay up to date on all the latest phones (which is why I didn't know the in-screen fingerprint reader didn't work well), so any guidance is much appreciated!
13th September 2019, 11:58 PM |#19847  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 117

More
hi guys I need some help choosing between Op 7 pro, Asus rog ii , k20 pro
whats important to me:
1.user experience (speed , smoothness and display included)
2.price
3.battery
4. camera
5.official and custom development support
I'm actually a casual user .. not a gamer nor photographer .. mainly using social media .. I chose op7 and rog for their high refresh rate and overall speed and smoothness .. these factors are such important to me.. also included k20 pro because It looks like there's a 81 hz mod for that .. and the price is nice but safety of this mod is a concern
so what do you suggest?
op7 pro maybe is the best option but it's very expensive for me.
rog is cheaper here (still expensive for me) and has 120 hz panel .. but im not sure how much a difference it has with a 90hz one? and also not sure about Asus support .. and I don't see any custom Rom for it
k20 as I said maybe isn't just safe .. if the display is capable , why miui itself didn't include it ?
do you think I should wait for new midrange generation which I hope some of them having high refresh rate? the problem is I don't know how much I should wait ..
14th September 2019, 12:23 AM |#19848  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrueDave

Hello.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I absolutely despise the in-screen fingerprint reader. I had to turn in my S9+ to upgrade, otherwise I would switch back to the older phone. The fingerprint reader only works on the first time about 10% of the time, and it takes about an entire second to unlock the phone. It's horrible. The S9 fingerprint reader worked on the first time 95% of the time, and unlocked the phone seemingly instantly. I just can't adjust to this. It frustrates me to the point of making this phone unusable.

Is there a phone out there that has a fingerprint reader that is fast and reliable, with SD card slot, headphone jack, and has other specs that are decent enough that I won't be too disappointed at giving up this crappy Samsung "flagship" phone? I don't stay up to date on all the latest phones (which is why I didn't know the in-screen fingerprint reader didn't work well), so any guidance is much appreciated!

LG V40 or V50 maybe?

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Fear

hi guys I need some help choosing between Op 7 pro, Asus rog ii , k20 pro
whats important to me:
1.user experience (speed , smoothness and display included)
2.price
3.battery
4. camera
5.official and custom development support
I'm actually a casual user .. not a gamer nor photographer .. mainly using social media .. I chose op7 and rog for their high refresh rate and overall speed and smoothness .. these factors are such important to me.. also included k20 pro because It looks like there's a 81 hz mod for that .. and the price is nice but safety of this mod is a concern
so what do you suggest?
op7 pro maybe is the best option but it's very expensive for me.
rog is cheaper here (still expensive for me) and has 120 hz panel .. but im not sure how much a difference it has with a 90hz one? and also not sure about Asus support .. and I don't see any custom Rom for it
k20 as I said maybe isn't just safe .. if the display is capable , why miui itself didn't include it ?
do you think I should wait for new midrange generation which I hope some of them having high refresh rate? the problem is I don't know how much I should wait ..

Go for the OnePlus it'll be best for development by a mile, however if you can't afford the pro why not look at the standard version
The Following User Says Thank You to TheInfiniteAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheInfiniteAndroid Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 09:40 AM |#19849  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

LG V40 or V50 maybe?

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Go for the OnePlus it'll be best for development by a mile, however if you can't afford the pro why not look at the standard version

i'd rather go for k20 than standard op7 .. as i said, i chose op7 pro because of high refresh rate.. and also i'm not a fan of notches.. something tells me
i should wait for op7t i've heard it'l have 90 hz display and cheaper than 7 pro
i hope it wont have notch ..
16th September 2019, 04:35 AM |#19850  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I am in the market for a new phone soon. I currently have an OG Google Pixel. I have several needs for any new device.

1. Rooting capability. I still have an old grandfathered Verizon plan where I do not get throttled for any amount of data usage, however hotspot capability is cut unless I fork over an extra $40 a month. Rooting to bypass this restriction is crucial.

2. I would strongly prefer not to pay a grand or more for a device, so would like to find something for a reasonable cost, around $500 at max.

3. Storage space is a huge issue. My Pixel has 128 Gb of space and I would never again accept less than that. U love the fact I don't have to delete any apps and have yet to even need to remove the many pictures I have taken, and I still have room for more.

4. A reasonably good camera. I take a lot of pictures with my child and will continue to do so. The Pixel camera has spoiled me into needing a phone with good photo capability to capture anything I see on a moment's notice.
16th September 2019, 04:38 AM |#19851  
Thanks Meter: 1,710

More
nevermind.

err on the side of kindness
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)