[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th September 2019, 07:33 PM |#19861  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
If I can get a new OnePlus 7 Pro 6GB for the same price as the new OnePlus 7T 8GB (₹38k), which one would be better?
27th September 2019, 10:34 PM |#19862  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,020

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyonsv

If I can get a new OnePlus 7 Pro 6GB for the same price as the new OnePlus 7T 8GB (₹38k), which one would be better?

well of course the T has newer more powerful SOC but the notch and ugly camera assembly makes the device undesirable for me.

id go older pro version or wait for the Pro T version and hope they dont ruin it with a notch.
28th September 2019, 08:55 PM |#19863  
Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi Folks,

my S9+ died and I got a warranty refund.
I don't want to say it was a Bad one, but maybe this is a Chance to go for a new one.
I would like to go for a Oneplus 7Pro, the upcoming Xiaomi Mi 9 5g or the Vivo Nex 3. But all of them seen to have very high sar values that scared me.
Sammy seems to do a good Job there, have you got some suggestions for me.

*Great Camera
*6,2" and up
*845, 855 or similar
*Good Sot

Thanks in advance!

Regards 3di
28th September 2019, 10:01 PM |#19864  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey guys I'm looking for a replacement for my s7. Unfortunately I do have a very limiting set of requirements. These are in descending priority:

- unlockable bootloader
- screen should be as small as possible (less than 5.3 inches preferably)
- SD card slot (rooted a oneplus 5 today only to find out afterwards it won't take my SD but 2 simcards, thank God for that. NOT )
- headphone jack
- good custom Rom support ( - > large amount of custom romsz, good development culture)

Yep. There you have it. Would be very cool if anyone could dig up such a device.

Thanks in advance, greetings
derelektrischemoench
29th September 2019, 01:47 PM |#19865  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3di

Hi Folks,

my S9+ died and I got a warranty refund.
I don't want to say it was a Bad one, but maybe this is a Chance to go for a new one.
I would like to go for a Oneplus 7Pro, the upcoming Xiaomi Mi 9 5g or the Vivo Nex 3. But all of them seen to have very high sar values that scared me.
Sammy seems to do a good Job there, have you got some suggestions for me.

*Great Camera
*6,2" and up
*845, 855 or similar
*Good Sot

Thanks in advance!

Regards 3di

The phones you mention are all decent phones. It depends on your specific needs of course.

As for SAR-values, there is no need to worry. If a phone is on the market, this means its sar-values are not over "safe limits", this includes well known chinese manufacturers. I put "safe limits" in quotations, because even if a sar value would be well over the set limits (by the fcc for example) it won't pose any risk. I would propose to read into this subject from some reputable sources if it worries you still.

With regards to displayed sar-values, there are a few important things to note:
Sar (specific absorption rate) denotes the energy your skin will absorb (much like sitting in the sun would). This is measured differently in the eu than in the us. (Not in a comparable way), making comparisons difficult.

Sar values do not tell you everything. These values are determined as 'worst case scenario' measurement, thus phones generally do not come close to this value with daily use.

Sar is dependent on the distance to the connection strength and thus the distance to cell towers.

The amount of em emitted by a phone is dependent on many factors. Efficient phones with a better antenna (but high sar) may very well emit much, much less EM than a phone with lower sar, but more inefficiencies.

In short: the sar-value cannot really tell you the amount of radiation your skin will absorb when using your phone. Either way, despite much research on this and at this point in time an abundance of data, no evidence is found for harmful effects of phone use. I would not pay attention to the sar-values, but rather go with a phone that has a good antenna and reliable connectivity. The more bands the phone supports in your area the better.
30th September 2019, 07:27 PM |#19866  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyonsv

check out for the reviews here https://lnnk.in/rTw
3rd October 2019, 09:52 PM |#19867  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy
Oneplus 8 First Look With Triple Rear Camera & Punch Hole Front Facing Camera. Do you like the Punch hole camera in the display?
Image Credit: Onleaks x Cashkaro
🙄

9th October 2019, 02:54 PM |#19868  
Thanks Meter: 1,267

Donate to Me
More
I'm looking to buy a new tablet with main uses:
  • Gaming (CSR 2 mainly)
  • Listening to music
  • Reading

Requirements:
  • Preferable Samsung Tab Sx
    I have 3 S2's all work and are in use, but the one my wife uses has issues with the charge port, I get to pick a new one while she takes my best S2.
  • LineageOS or AOSP support (Tab S4/S5se) or, in case of an S6, a device close enough I can build. (or help when someone is already working on a build)
  • 3.5mm headphone jack (or an optional USB soundcard to connect it that way)

I read that the S5se and S6 don't have a headphone jack, so I'm hoping the S4 has one, but an external adapter could be acceptable. I've heard older bluetooth headphones and that sound quality is terrible enough to do without and even some of my old phones could be demoted to mp3 player, so I could do without the headphone connecor, but would prefer not.
11th October 2019, 05:08 AM |#19869  
Flag Mizoram
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi,
My auntie wants to buy a new phone for herself, she want a good camera and a large screen, she don't really care much about other specs. But I am not a camera guy at all. Which phones that is available in India would you suggest? The price should strictly be under Rs. 30000 (approx. $400) and if possible, under Rs. 25000. Thank you.
11th October 2019, 08:06 AM |#19870  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
One Plus 7T pro
All the latest and top features available in One Plus 7T pro.
90Hz Display Refresh rate,
Snapdragon 855+ processor
Octa core (2.96 GHz, Single core, Kryo 485 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 485 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 485),
8GB Ram,
256GB internal memory,
48 MP + 16 MP + 8 MP Triple Primary Cameras,
16 MP Front Camera,
4085 mAh Battery with Warp charge, 68 % in 30 minutes,
6.67 inch Fluid AMOLED Display,
InDisplay Fingerprint sensor.
all these features around Rs.60000
14th October 2019, 02:40 PM |#19871  
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 3,023

More
My OP5t is still working great, and I'm cheap. When this is on its way out, I'll look into an up-to-date OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtoZ0to9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AtoZ0to9 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)