"Yellow tint" vs "Blue tint" display

Search This thread

Super-Veloce

Jan 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
i hope the screen's manufacturer calibrated it before send it to HTC. Because i see Dell Ultrasharp's display user always use a hardware and software tool to re-calibrate their display before use.It call Spyder Express or something like that. I just hope, really love my HOX, no flicker, no any issue with the screen except the panel so yellow

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Same for me, perfect One-X, except the yellow tint
Got my One-X for about a month, after a month of use and all updates, it's less yellow, almost good white now @ full brightness, but still not the white I had on the Desire HD.

Oke 2 different LCD, but the One X uses SLCD2, so it should be better

Last edited:

vegetaleb

Geez!
Today I tried a wallpaper with yellow grass (autumn), they turned red on my HOX :eek:
I had to decrease the pic's saturation to have good colors,there is defnitively a problem with yellows on HOX,but it was the same on all my SLCD HTC phones (DHD and Sensation)
If only HTC releases a full display control with HUE and saturation like on TVs it will be great :D

snipervn

Nov 2, 2009
Hà Nội
The "warm" panel seems a little better for games, icon, other graphic object or abstracts because it view everything in high contras, more sharpness with yellow tone plus.
The "white" one is quite better for picture viewing when all other is very nice.

I did the test for picture viewing:

Copy pictures taken from Canon 5D Mark II (landscape, portrait) to both 2 phones and open by Gallery on One X, brightness full.

Result:

Warm one - panel_id: 294000f (my friend HOX)
Yellow tone make the pictures look so terrible. Leaves become more green, people lips become so pinky. High contras and sharpness.

White one - panel_id: 4940014 (my HOX)
Pictures look so lighter but anyhow, better than the 1st.

The panel 4940014 is mine but it's the second. The first is "warm" one and it have a faults that there is yellow area appeared at the bellow-left corner of the screen after 1 day of use. I sent it back to the store and they change another for me.

The first one, I did forgot to check the CID but the Rom seem so crazy with only English and Chinese out of stock and all app inside is for chinese user with weibo app.
The second one, CID_044, stock Rom is global version for Asia.

Last edited:

Tw1tchy

May 28, 2011
VanCoVer
I just did a quick compair with my Nexus S (SAMOLED) and HoX but my results were way different. Nexus S sure did look blue but HoX looked white. No yellow tint at all and I can say it's the whitest, clearest and has the best colour so far. My opinion is best screen hands down. I know colours too, I work at a paint store and colour match paint all the time. I have 20/20 vision and defs not colour blind.

Sent from the superior hTC EndeavourU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason, the JB update recalibrated my yellowish screen and now its perfect.

Sent from my faster than SGS3 HOX.