FORUMS

[ROM] Leaked early ICS for Lenovo Ideapad A1

378 posts
Thanks Meter: 560

By gmarkall, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th April 2012, 12:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
There's been some discussion recently of the leaked ICS ROM for the Lenovo A1, which is a little difficult to install, because Clockworkmod won't flash it due to failed assertions. I've modified it so that it can be flashed through CWM.

Be warned that it will overwrite U-Boot, the kernel, and the RAMdisk (these are not usually backed up by CWM 5.0.2.7). If you've installed it, and you want to go back to your old backup (very likely as you'll soon get tired of nothing working properly), use the following steps:

1. Boot into recovery
2. Restore your backup using the normal CWM functionality
3. Install ub-fastboot.zip from this post.
4. Reboot into fastboot mode and restore the correct kernel and ramdisk for your ROM with:

Code:
fastboot flash inand-kernel <kernel>
fastboot flash inand-ramdisk <ramdisk>
5. Reboot.

If you don't know what the correct kernel/ramdisk is for your ROM then I'd advise you not to try using this ROM.

DISCLAIMER

There is no guarantee of anything going right if you install this ROM. I'll try and help with problems (and I'm sure other people will too) but if things get messed up it'll be your fault. Don't take the risk without understanding it and being comfortable with it.

Download: here.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gmarkall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gmarkall Ad-Free
29th April 2012, 01:07 AM |#2  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 186

Donate to Me
More
So now you've flashed ICS to your A1, but you can't use it. Duh. Everything is broken right now.

For those scared of using ADB commands during a restore to CM7/Stock gingerbread... Here's the stock RAMDISKS, and Kernel as CWM .Zips... [Links taken from the other A1 threads, stock kernel .zip by yours truly. ;) ] Flash ONLY the ones you need before you flash your Stock rom/CM7 rom/nandroid restore. In this order.

Quote:

ROW 2375 / ROW 2525 builds ONLY RAMDISK
(1.){^^vv If you don't know which you're supposed to have, DO RESEARCH FIRST
ROW 2643 build only RAMDISK

(2.)Stock Kernel

(3.) Then Stock ROM/CM7 ROM (your choice) (skip step 2 if flashing a 4/28 or later CM7 build it includes a kernel.)

(4.)Fastboot bootloader mod

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
Now if only we could get Wifi and USB working... That would be a decent start...

Weird part is, on the leaked one, the device name under settings is "Zoom2"
(haven't flashed this one yet, but I assume it's the same)

Makes me wonder if this is infact the real deal... or at least an attempt by a third party? (see post below)

Though it's nice to see it being possible. :)
The Following User Says Thank You to monsieurtalbot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift monsieurtalbot Ad-Free
29th April 2012, 02:22 AM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieurtalbot

Weird part is, on the leaked one, the device name under settings is "xoom2"
(haven't flashed this one yet, but I assume it's the same)

Makes me wonder if this is infact the real deal... or at least an attempt by a third party?

It says "Zoom2" - that's an OMAP3 development kit that the hardware in the A1 is very similar to - they'll have started with the device-specific files for the Zoom2, and haven't bothered to change them yet. See http://www.omapworld.com/zoom.html
29th April 2012, 03:15 AM |#4  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 186

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarkall

It says "Zoom2" - that's an OMAP3 development kit that the hardware in the A1 is very similar to - they'll have started with the device-specific files for the Zoom2, and haven't bothered to change them yet. See http://www.omapworld.com/zoom.html

...That explains it. haha "xoom". Typo. :-/
4th May 2012, 10:52 AM |#5  
Flag Krotoszyn
Thanks Meter: 442

Donate to Me
More
Question
How to fix Wi-fi
Wi-fi work= ICS for daily use
4th May 2012, 10:56 AM |#6  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkon13

How to fix Wi-fi
Wi-fi work= ICS for daily use

It's not worth trying to fix with this ROM. It'd be better to work on a proper build of ICS instead of wasting time augmenting this early build.
4th May 2012, 10:25 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Anyone trying this rom - can you take a look if /proc/config.gz exist and if so - make an upload. I'm just curious, but don't want to waste my time ....
The Following User Says Thank You to Brancaleone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brancaleone Ad-Free
5th May 2012, 10:08 AM |#8  
Flag Yangon, Myanmar
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question
Dear gmarkall, i flashed from CWM and it says installation aborted.. ! now i can't boot up to normal stock ROM ..
it stops in lenovo logo.. Pls ..
5th May 2012, 09:31 PM |#9  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tint Ag Khaing

Dear gmarkall, i flashed from CWM and it says installation aborted.. ! now i can't boot up to normal stock ROM ..
it stops in lenovo logo.. Pls ..

If you can still boot into recovery, flash an OTA zip file.

If you can't, then follow these instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to gmarkall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gmarkall Ad-Free
5th May 2012, 09:32 PM |#10  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancaleone

Anyone trying this rom - can you take a look if /proc/config.gz exist and if so - make an upload. I'm just curious, but don't want to waste my time ....

I'm not running the ROM right now, but I tried extract-ikconfig on the kernel and it didn't find a config - I don't know how reliable that tool is though, since I've never used it before.
The Following User Says Thank You to gmarkall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gmarkall Ad-Free
6th May 2012, 07:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
An update for the ICS ROM was posted in a German forum. Wifi is said to be working now. You can download it here. To use it, you need to flash the original ICS firmware (A107_.rar) and then install the update.zip with the stock recovery from an external sd card.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to isime13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift isime13 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo a1 ics leak

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)