FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

32 GB on XL

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Unicorns, Junior Member on 28th April 2012, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just having a little look around and found that the HTC One XL has listed 32GB internal storage on the Australian HTC site.

I'd attach a link, but it looks like you just have to google it ;]

Unfortunately because the only thing holding me back from getting the XL was 16GB of storage, Ive already purchased the HOX, just waiting for it to arrive.

Sorry if this is old news.

29th April 2012, 03:14 AM |#2  
Substratum Development Leader
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 13,820

Donate to Me
More
I would still prefer a quad-core One X over a dual-core XL
29th April 2012, 03:49 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
good work! all we need are about 50,000 more threads and we can have 1 for every member! how many xda members are there?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brent8577 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brent8577 Ad-Free
29th April 2012, 04:44 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well, I thought it was in the general interest to people as I know a few people were bothered about the 16GB on the LTE version of this phone, so I was just giving out the news, I did have a look around and didn't see any other thread giving this information out..
29th April 2012, 01:51 PM |#5  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 1,089

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorns

Well, I thought it was in the general interest to people as I know a few people were bothered about the 16GB on the LTE version of this phone, so I was just giving out the news, I did have a look around and didn't see any other thread giving this information out..

That's because they would be in the one xl forum!

M.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
29th April 2012, 04:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman83

That's because they would be in the one xl forum!

M.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

there is no htc one xl forum anymore
29th April 2012, 04:48 PM |#7  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 563

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

I would still prefer a quad-core One X over a dual-core XL

Krait Dual-Core 1.5Ghz 28nm > Tegra 3 Quad-Core 1.5Ghz 40nm

If you had a Dual Core phone before, the Tegra 3 isn't much different, since it has to scale over to the 4 cores which is less likely, whereas the Krait is similar to the A15 Architecture and produces better performance which is why no-one has experience lag on the HTC One S due to faster processor and the smaller resolution. Also battery life is easily going to be better due to the 28nm compared to Tegra 3 Companion Core 40nm.

The Tegra 3 GPU isn't much powerful to the Adreno 225, on GLBenchmark they are both are equal (720p Offscreen, 1 each) and Adreno 225 beats the Tegra 3 in Nenamark 2.
30th April 2012, 02:58 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

Krait Dual-Core 1.5Ghz 28nm > Tegra 3 Quad-Core 1.5Ghz 40nm

If you had a Dual Core phone before, the Tegra 3 isn't much different, since it has to scale over to the 4 cores which is less likely, whereas the Krait is similar to the A15 Architecture and produces better performance which is why no-one has experience lag on the HTC One S due to faster processor and the smaller resolution. Also battery life is easily going to be better due to the 28nm compared to Tegra 3 Companion Core 40nm.

The Tegra 3 GPU isn't much powerful to the Adreno 225, on GLBenchmark they are both are equal (720p Offscreen, 1 each) and Adreno 225 beats the Tegra 3 in Nenamark 2.

Well we can't really allow the One X to fight against the One S because there are too many variables. When the AT&T version of the One X comes out with the LTE support and One S' processor, then we can actually see the difference.

I agree that sometimes dual core processors can process fast through benchmarks, but then benchmarks can be flawed and tampered with. Also with many factors which could affect raw power testing, as you said resolution difference, background services, etc.

There is a reason why the One S doesn't have the carousel affect when sliding the bars on the bottom to switch menus. It runs a smaller OS, which in turn allows it to have a smaller footprint than One X's heavily bloated OS.

It may be fast over a short period of time, to process small things, but, let's say for computers, if I had to render a 1 minute video on a dual core machine, it will take 5 minutes, but on a quad core machine it will take 2.8 minutes or below. I think of the long period of using a quad core device, and the capabilities in which it hasn't fully utilized yet.

Also when you said dual core, yeah, I had a Samsung Galaxy S II and a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. You can get their ROMs under 200mb for the full Touchwiz experience, while to get a full Sense 4.0 experience, you have a ROM which can go over 600mb easily. The Galaxy S II in my opinion was a very fast device when I used it, all the raw power it had, but as I said, sometimes you just can't compare them because there are way too many variables. Physically if none had an OS, okay fine, you can test, but the way many people test speeds have affected results in at least two ways.

That's my opinion, many people think differently, but I guess people could see where I'm going
30th April 2012, 03:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Have to say the one s runs like a champ. That thing fast. Faster than my one x. Smooth and snappier. I don't care to much about quadrant but the ones s I've tried scored 5400 lol and transitions were butter. Snappier and smoother than my quad core lol. On the other hand I've also tried the one x dual core from att. I think.that's the same as the xl. That one was laggy and not smaooth as the one.s so one s wins.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 04:24 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

let's say for computers, if I had to render a 1 minute video on a dual core machine, it will take 5 minutes, but on a quad core machine it will take 1 minute or below.

Ummm, what? If you take an Intel E6600 and a Q6600, the quad core is twice as powerful, in theory. You can't get a 5 times speedup! You can't even get a 2 times speedup, since some of the workload isn't parallelisable.

This is completely irrelevant, however, since has already has been mentioned, the Tegra3 and Snapdragons are quite different.
30th April 2012, 04:36 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

Ummm, what? If you take an Intel E6600 and a Q6600, the quad core is twice as powerful, in theory. You can't get a 5 times speedup! You can't even get a 2 times speedup, since some of the workload isn't parallelisable.

This is completely irrelevant, however, since has already has been mentioned, the Tegra3 and Snapdragons are quite different.

Sorry, that was a pretty bad comparison, since I don't really have a quad core computer, only 8 core (4cores+imaginary4cores) I don't really know the exact comparison, but at least you know where i'm trying to get at
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)