[ROOT][CONFIRMED] SOFTWARE VERSIONS 1.14, 1.24, 1.08, 1.27 and all ICS software v etc

Search This thread

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hey guys
- not experimental anymore as roots all latest ICS builds and previous unrootable GB roms!
This is classed as experimental as I cannot try it but those with above mentioned softwares can. As we know most of the ASIAN firmwares 1.14, 1.24, 1.28 and Thailand and some o2 DE and Vodafone Dutch firmware versions have not been rootable by Doomlords exploit. This can prove quite disappointing by some who want to flash custom roms etc or just want root on their stock rom. This supersu zip works with most recent firmware releases and on One X so there is a strong likelyhood it will work on SXL as well.
Original Thread here here and all credits to CHAINFIRE(amazing dev) for this. I have attached the latest supersu zip 0.88 to this post.
Procedure:
1. If not already done so unlock bootloader at HTCDEV website. full instructions given on how to do this on the website here
2. flash recovery from here
3. boot into recovery via bootloader and flash supersu zip attached to this post (download and place in root of internal sd before flashing recovery) and reboot. supersu app should be installed on device. run the app and update the binaries as prompted and that should be it. if any issues go to preferences and change su setting to grant from prompt and it should be ok.

please advise if successful so i can update or remove thread. please post what software version you attempted to root and region PLEASE
Extended flash procedure broken down

1. unlock bootloader at HTCDEV.COM
2. with phone connected to pc and usb debugging enabled type: adb reboot bootloader. phone will boot into fastboot mode showing fastboot USB in red border
3. type command: fastboot erase cache
4. flash recovery downloaded aboved by using this command: fastboot flash recovery recovery_for_1.28
5. using press power button to select hboot highlighted in blue
6. vol down to recovery in green and power to select. recovery should launch
7. install zip from sdcard and choose supersu 0.87 or 0.88 and install
8. reboot and enjoy full root

Attachments

• CWM-SuperSU-v0.88.zip
    556.5 KB · Views: 33,797
  • SuperSU-v0.90-language-test-3.apk
    827 KB · Views: 12,589
Last edited:

volcanomed

Jan 16, 2008
Metz
Thanks for your hard work!

Hey guys
This is classed as experimental as I cannot try it but those with above mentioned softwares can. As we know most of the ASIAN firmwares 1.14, 1.24, 1.28 and Thailand and some o2 DE and Vodafone Dutch firmware versions have not been rootable by Doomlords exploit. This can prove quite disappointing by some who want to flash custom roms etc or just want root on their stock rom. This supersu zip works with most recent firmware releases and on One X so there is a strong likelyhood it will work on SXL as well.
Original Thread here here and all credits to CHAINFIRE(amazing dev) for this. I have attached the latest supersu zip 0.88 to this post.
Procedure:
1. If not already done so unlock bootloader at HTCDEV website. full instructions given on how to do this on the website here
3. boot into recovery via bootloader and flash supersu zip attached to this post (download and place in root of internal sd before flashing recovery) and reboot. supersu app should be installed on device. run the app and update the binaries as prompted and that should be it. if any issues go to preferences and change su setting to grant from prompt and it should be ok.

please advise if successful so i can update or remove thread. please post what software version you attempted to root and region PLEASE

Sorry for my bad english.
It's soo great! my sensation xl rooted now! software 1.29.73.3 europe france. Thank you very very much.

Reactions: maianhtungsten

maianhtungsten

Apr 15, 2005
Rooted

Great...! XL Rooted, Software 1.24.708.2

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• root.png
    root.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 4,452
Last edited:

alfchin

Mar 15, 2011
Here's the new root tools
no need to use custom recovery,just run the bat file
usb debug and unknown software source is required

I've try it on 2.28.709.1,it works

Attachments

• TPSparkyRoot.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,811

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Here's the new root tools
no need to use custom recovery,just run the bat file
usb debug and unknown software source is required

I've try it on 2.28.709.1,it works

Appreciate any help but why try and confuse things if posted solution works. Recovery method is offered because most will prob flash a custom rom so will have recovery already.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

xbrod

Apr 8, 2010
hello

after having followed the instructions my XL is Rooted

Version 1.29.73
titanium backup a fait une sauvegarde

Un Grand Merci

kare2share

Dec 25, 2007
Mumbai
Confirmed Working on India Rom 1.24.720.2
(RUU_Runnymede_hTC_Asia_India_1.24.720.2_R_Radio_20.5102.30.0822_3822.11.10.30_M_release_232317_signed.exe)

Thank You.

jodespe

Jan 25, 2009
Thanks for all, my SXL is now rooted, and with recovery i've flashed the rom Three Musqueters no Sense!

Great Job man!

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
This method comfirmed as working on the new ICS ota updates with the new hboot, just flash in recovery

gastonoso

Feb 21, 2008
Report: Does not Work :Sensation XL ICS(4.0.3) HBOOT 1.28.0006

Does not Work : Sensation XL ICS(4.0.3) HBOOT 1.28.0006 -
Software V: 2.31.401.2
CID:001

HTC DEV Unlock: Yes!
Root:no.

I´need it to install the app WIFIX. Because after the update, WIFI doesn´t work anymore..(The same situation happens with Sensation/Pyramid) The problem happens just when you put the SIM Card of this funny Country.

Thanks.

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Does not Work : Sensation XL ICS(4.0.3) HBOOT 1.28.0006 -
Software V: 2.31.401.2
CID:001

HTC DEV Unlock: Yes!
Root:no.

I´need it to install the app WIFIX. Because after the update, WIFI doesn´t work anymore..(The same situation happens with Sensation/Pyramid) The problem happens just when you put the SIM Card of this funny Country.

Thanks.
It does work on that build because I've done it myself and so have many others in this forum.... You've obviously gone wrong somewhere ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys
    - not experimental anymore as roots all latest ICS builds and previous unrootable GB roms!
    Procedure:

Extended flash procedure broken down

1. unlock bootloader at HTCDEV.COM
    2. with phone connected to pc and usb debugging enabled type: adb reboot bootloader. phone will boot into fastboot mode showing fastboot USB in red border
    3. type command: fastboot erase cache
    4. flash recovery downloaded aboved by using this command: fastboot flash recovery recovery_for_1.28
    5. using press power button to select hboot highlighted in blue
    7. install zip from sdcard and choose supersu 0.87 or 0.88 and install
    8. reboot and enjoy full root
    1. unlock bootloader - done
    2. with phone connected - done
    3. type command: fastboot erase cache - done
    4. flash recovery - done
    5. using press power button - done

phone screen went to dark

what am i doing wrong ?

sensation xl (hboot 1.28.0006)
    What recovery have you installed? Is it the Paul O'Brien one if so thats why it doesn't work... Use this one instead

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1041596&d=1336184770

Flash it in the same way as other recovery ;)
    Hi,
    I have another another problem after flashing the Recovery. I can launch the Recovery but I cant access /sdcard/ , I got this message:

ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.3.1
    E : can't mount /sdcard/

Any one can help Please...
    Thanks in advance
    Are you using the touch recovery?... if so that is your problem

Download this http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1216504&d=1343047739
    and flash over the other recovery and you then should be able to access SDcard whilst in recovery
    Thanks for your hard work!

Hey guys
    Procedure:

Sorry for my bad english.
    It's soo great! my sensation xl rooted now! software 1.29.73.3 europe france. Thank you very very much.
    Stickied for the time being