FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] NFC THREAD l Questions l Tips l Apps l Everything NFC!!

433 posts
Thanks Meter: 172

By dansharpy, Senior Member on 29th April 2012, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
OK so I've seen a few threads about NFC so thought it might be an idea to correlate all the info into one thread. Lets make this a thread for questions about using NFC or buying tags etc. as well as giving tips we've found or how we've overcome problems. Then I can update this op with the tips or deals we've found!! :)

Quote:

NFC Info

* NFC Wiki- (link)
* Kimtag- good faq for NFC
* nfctags.com- general NFC info
* Tasker support thread (if using NFC task launcher)- XDA thread

Quote:

NFC Tips

* Make sure NFC is enabled in settings. Go to settings, click on 'more...' under mobile data, tick 'NFC'.
* Need gps control (on/off/toggle)? Use tasker and secure settings! More info HERE

Quote:

NFC apps

* NFC task launcher- Market Link
* Tasker (for use with NFC task launcher)- Market link
* Secure Settings (adds options to tasker, i.e. gps control)- Market link

Quote:

NFC Supplies:

* Mifare Classic 1K Tags (25mm diameter)- £5.50 (eBay link)
* RapidNFC- General NFC supplies (link)

29th April 2012, 10:43 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol

Donate to Me
More
Ill start! If I have a a2dp Bluetooth headunit in my car does anyone know if I can programme a tag (using nfc task manager/tasker) to start streaming music when I swipe the tag??

Thanks!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 12:21 AM |#3  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, just bought my htc1x last week. Anyone tried NFC? I tried transfer with my Nokia c7 but nothing happened.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
30th April 2012, 02:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvbnvb

Hi, just bought my htc1x last week. Anyone tried NFC? I tried transfer with my Nokia c7 but nothing happened.

Me and my friend use Android beam all the time so it def works, make sure it's enable in settings, pretty obvious but by default mine was disabled

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
30th April 2012, 09:45 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvbnvb

I know some tags will work with symbian but not with android. So there might be a compatibility issue as well. Something to do with the hardware maybe?
30th April 2012, 09:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Using the Sony Xperia Smart Tags and app from the Play Store. Works fine for me. Only thing I could do with is GPS on/off in the options. Going to have a play with it and Tasker to see how they can combine.
30th April 2012, 11:51 AM |#7  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Anyone from aus or outside us been able to install google wallet and use it?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
30th April 2012, 12:40 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattWPBS

Using the Sony Xperia Smart Tags and app from the Play Store. Works fine for me. Only thing I could do with is GPS on/off in the options. Going to have a play with it and Tasker to see how they can combine.

To get GPS toggle working you need Tasker AND secure settings. Once you have installed secure settings go to system settings, security and enable it as a device administrator. Then open the app and go to the helper tab and install the helper. Now go into tasker and go to settings, misc tab and tick allow external access. Create a new task (i called mine GPS Toggle) click the plus to add a new task and click on plug ins. Select secure settings then hit configure. In the drop down list you will see gps. choose on, off or toggle and hit the little disc icon in the corner to save. Now you can select this task from nfc task launcher to program gps state to tags!
The Following User Says Thank You to dansharpy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dansharpy Ad-Free
30th April 2012, 01:32 PM |#9  
Flag Bristol

More
awesome!. anyone know abobut google wallet and rooted phones
30th April 2012, 01:50 PM |#10  
Flag Petaling Jaya

More
Thanks mate, will try out something with it

30th April 2012, 01:58 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olig1905

awesome!. anyone know abobut google wallet and rooted phones

This thread seems to explain it pretty well: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1365360

dont have a clue which uk retailers accept it though, anyone know?

P.S. A fellow Bristolian!!!

EDIT: Ive just tried following the instructions but get the error message. Having done some more research i think google have fixed this workaround so it doesnt work. Looks like we might have to wait for an official google release before we get to play with wallet
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)