FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,601 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,406

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16 Now Available!!
10th June 2019, 06:31 PM |#7751  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,850

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiZProduction

But that's what aapt2 pointed me when I tried to recompile, it pointed me all the lines where dummy values were.
I tried on 2 different framework-res.apk (Android Pie And Nougat) , but always, I got in the same file (attrs.xml) at the same lines apktool dummies.
Edit #1:
I used to decompile and recompile successfully the Nougat framework-res.apk with an older version of apktool on my older Linux Ubuntu desktop.
Now that I switched back to windows, things are getting crappy again

But you made me realize something: when I decompile the APK, apktool replaces unread values with dummy values. So it my have something to do with apktool itself or not the good frameworks install or something else.
What's sure is that something is wrong at the beginning of the process , and dummy values as well as the inability to recompile are only the results of a previous error occurred because ... God knows why!

don't use aapt2

I get the best results from apktool 2.3.2 It's all I use unless modding android 10

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117892396

11th June 2019, 08:12 AM |#7752  
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 512

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

don't use aapt2

I get the best results from apktool 2.3.2 It's all I use unless modding android 10

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117892396

Thanks for your answer.

I actually tried to decompile the framework-res.apk with the apktool version you gave me.
But unfortunately, apktool won't decompile correctly this APK nor some others (like the other framework-res APK from Nougat).
I think I'll just give up on this project.

But I wanna try one last thing : could you decompile my framework-res.apk , then compress it and send it though AFH ? I understand 100% if you don't want , because it takes time and I don't want to bother you.

If you want , what I need you to do is to "apktool if systemUI.apk" and "apktool if framework-res.apk", decompile the framework-res.apk with your PC and compress the output files in a zip file to send them through AFH , Dropbox or something.

It would be awesome if you could, but I , again, 100% understand if you don't want.

If what you sent me contains apktool dummy values , I'll open a bug report on the apktool bug tracker on GitHub. But before doing that I want to unsure it's a problem from apktool by trying this out on another PC

Thank for your help looking into the issue.
Have a good day
11th June 2019, 12:20 PM |#7753  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your answer.

I actually tried to decompile the framework-res.apk with the apktool version you gave me.
But unfortunately, apktool won't decompile correctly this APK nor some others (like the other framework-res APK from Nougat).
I think I'll just give up on this project.

But I wanna try one last thing : could you decompile my framework-res.apk , then compress it and send it though AFH ? I understand 100% if you don't want , because it takes time and I don't want to bother you.

If you want , what I need you to do is to "apktool if systemUI.apk" and "apktool if framework-res.apk", decompile the framework-res.apk with your PC and compress the output files in a zip file to send them through AFH , Dropbox or something.

It would be awesome if you could, but I , again, 100% understand if you don't want.

If what you sent me contains apktool dummy values , I'll open a bug report on the apktool bug tracker on GitHub. But before doing that I want to unsure it's a problem from apktool by trying this out on another PC

Thank for your help looking into the issue.
Have a good day

I'd be happy to. Upload your files.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 12:41 PM |#7754  
Flag Tours

More
Quote:

I'd be happy to. Upload your files.

Thanks man I really appreciate it πŸ˜πŸ‘
β€’ SystemUI
β€’ Framework-res

Here you go , thanks again πŸ‘
11th June 2019, 01:34 PM |#7755  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks man I really appreciate it
β€’ SystemUI
β€’ Framework-res

Here you go , thanks again

Here you go.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117893186

I used ticklemyandroid.

Edit. Here's a copy using just apktool
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117893193

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

I have a question for all the great devs out there that use ticklemyandroid. It is oneplus 6 related but there might be other phones out there with the same problem. I can edit classes.dex and xml files but any edit to resoursces.arsc and a bootloop occurs. I've tried signing, vrthemer, original apk with only the resources.arsc replaced, zip normally, zip stored, install by copying directly, install zip, Magisk module..... nothing has worked. Does anyone have a suggestion or a work around?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 01:35 PM |#7756  
Flag Tours

More
Quote:

Here you go.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117893186

I used ticklemyandroid.

Edit. Here's a copy using just apktool
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117893193

Thanks for all the help you provided, you and @Thebear j koss.
I just seen what was inside the zip and it's an issue that will probably be fixed in some next release of apktool.
That's an apktool issue.
I'll open a bug report on GitHub so iBotpeach ( the creator of apktool) have a look into this.
I read that similar things happened to other people so that definitely not a single problem.

And I think it touches only the framework-res.apk file ( because I hadn't this issue theming other apps like XDA Labs ).

Again thanks for all the help.
Have a good day 😁
11th June 2019, 08:51 PM |#7757  
Flag Tours

More
Just to finish the apktool dummy issue, I opened a bug report on GitHub:
https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/issues/2104

Describing my issue that wasn't as rare as I thought.
Feel free to check it and ask for modifications.
11th June 2019, 10:07 PM |#7758  
Flag Tours

More
Quote:

I have a question for all the great devs out there that use ticklemyandroid. It is oneplus 6 related but there might be other phones out there with the same problem. I can edit classes.dex and xml files but any edit to resoursces.arsc and a bootloop occurs. I've tried signing, vrthemer, original apk with only the resources.arsc replaced, zip normally, zip stored, install by copying directly, install zip, Magisk module..... nothing has worked. Does anyone have a suggestion or a work around?

I'm not a great dev at all lol but it might be because you forgot the -c argument at the end of your command. This argument keep the system signature unchanged , it prevents the device from rebooting each time. ( Idk but I think you know this already but anyway )

Just use apktool without TMA for this time and when you want to recompile enter this command:
Code:
apktool b framework-res.apk -c
Ensure you don't make mistakes when modifying the code , good luck with this πŸ‘
13th June 2019, 04:57 PM |#7759  
Thanks Meter: 1,100

More
Hi there @Ticklefish , been awhile that I have tried to modify things, Pie seems so difficult to work with in some areas in my Galaxy S9+. What I am wanting is in my qs_status_bar_clock.xml, I have managed to be able to add seconds to the clock. But unless I specify a color, like "android:textColor="#ffffffff" for white, it stays a dark color that is hard to see with dark wallpapers. I know if the clock is left stock it can change to go to light on dark backgrounds and dark on light backgrounds. Just wondering how I can get the seconds clock to do the same.... it is not visible on white backgrounds at the moment.

Here is the xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TextClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:tag="status_bar_clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:minWidth="10.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:format12Hour="h:mm a" android:format24Hour="H:mm:ss "
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" />

Thanks in advance for any assistance...
15th June 2019, 08:59 AM |#7760  
Thanks Meter: 1,101

Donate to Me
More
Am I blind or the v16 links are missing from the OP?

Thanks.
15th June 2019, 09:58 AM |#7761  
Apologies for not being online much lately. My life has had a dramatic change - I am looking at a divorce and I haven't seen my kids in ages. (It's a long story but it's my fault really).
I'm not going to close this thread but development on TMA has pretty much stopped for now. Since less than 200 people have downloaded the latest version in the month since it was downloaded, I'm guessing it isn't needed as much as it used to be anyway.

If anybody's interested in taking the project over, let me know.

Quote:

I'm not a great dev at all lol but it might be because you forgot the -c argument at the end of your command. This argument keep the system signature unchanged , it prevents the device from rebooting each time. ( Idk but I think you know this already but anyway )

Just use apktool without TMA for this time and when you want to recompile enter this command:

Code:
apktool b framework-res.apk -c
Ensure you don't make mistakes when modifying the code , good luck with this

This is one of the options in v16. TMA can decompile and recompile with pretty much all the options that apktool has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfrantic

Hi there @Ticklefish , been awhile that I have tried to modify things, Pie seems so difficult to work with in some areas in my Galaxy S9+. What I am wanting is in my qs_status_bar_clock.xml, I have managed to be able to add seconds to the clock. But unless I specify a color, like "android:textColor="#ffffffff" for white, it stays a dark color that is hard to see with dark wallpapers. I know if the clock is left stock it can change to go to light on dark backgrounds and dark on light backgrounds. Just wondering how I can get the seconds clock to do the same.... it is not visible on white backgrounds at the moment.

Here is the xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TextClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:tag="status_bar_clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:minWidth="10.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:format12Hour="h:mm a" android:format24Hour="H:mm:ss "
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" />

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

It's probably easier just to enable the SystemUI Tuner and use that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbucks2010

Am I blind or the v16 links are missing from the OP?

Thanks.

They're still in the downloads tab.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)